PDA

View Full Version : Biglots and other deals

scum1
11-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Thought I'd start a thread where everyone can post the deals. Not only at biglots but other stores or online even. That way we don't have a bunch of different threads on deals.

To start off I picked up powertrip xtreme 10.5 oz cans at big lots for 60 cents a can as well as Bloom energy in 4 packs for 2 bucks. They had all 3 Bloom flavors so I swapped some cans around so I got all 3 flavors in 1 pack. Good deals all around.

iPwnd
11-15-2007, 07:39 PM
hess in my area has pepsi ed's like amp and sobe 2 for 3$ not bad

fusion
11-15-2007, 08:54 PM
You should have just bought the three 4-packs.

scum1
11-16-2007, 08:28 AM
I would of but I have so many drinks at my house already. I have at least 30 to 40 different drinks I have to try still. My fridge is full lol.

You should have just bought the three 4-packs.

BluejacketT
11-16-2007, 10:01 AM
In my area, most energy drinks are about .50-.60 cents a can at Big Lots. A lot of other drinks are about that much, too (cheapest being .33 cents).

Wal-Mart has 2L Sprite for .78 cents (haven't been there in awhile, so I don't know if they are still on at that price).

iPwnd
11-16-2007, 10:15 PM
saw 24 oz diet bookoo citrus for a 1.00 at biglots. Also found some ed i never heard of "Who's you Daddy energy" at fred's for 1.25

fusion
11-16-2007, 11:47 PM
I would of but I have so many drinks at my house already. I have at least 30 to 40 different drinks I have to try still. My fridge is full lol.

I understand that - but it is dishonest to switch out products like that. Do you open 12 packs of soda and change out the cans so you get what you want, too?

If I go into a store and buy a multipack of something, I expect that it's all going to be the same brand/flavor (unless it is a variety pack, of course).

Mr Zabe
11-17-2007, 12:15 AM
I agree.
That's very UN-COOL.
It may seem not such big deal but it
pretty much makes the other packs unsalable.
IMO it's not something I would brag about.

Peace Out :)

scum1
11-17-2007, 04:04 PM
I mean come on. I would not do it at Krogers or Walmart but at Biglots they will just slap a 60 cent sticker on the singles that are mismatched. They were selling some as singles but not all. It's not your typical store. An employee even saw me doing it and said nothing. I did not try to be sneaky about it. Call it a grey area if you want. Remember this is a place that will sell out of date stuff as I have seen many times. They have a hodge podge of drinks all mixed up but if you dig around sometimes you find the odd product. I did not put the swapped out cans in another 4 pack(which are not sealed up anyway) so no one is going to buy a variety pack by mistake. Trust me these will be sold no problem. With a 12 pack of cokes you would have to tear open the box so that is different all together.

Mr Zabe
11-17-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm old school.
I worked in a 30 year old family retail business
with around 20 retail stores/carts. Shrinkage(broad definition)
can sink a small busness. That's my back round.
Not trying to get on your case.

scum1
11-17-2007, 04:36 PM
I understand where your coming from. I just wanted to clarify that I would not of done it if I thought it would harm anyone including the store. Ever been to biglots? Read about them here.
USATODAY.com - Big Lots benefits from shoppers' taste for deals (http://www.usatoday.com/money/advertising/adtrack/2004-09-12-biglots_x.htm)

It's a fun store really. A little dirty and a little chaotic but it's like a flea market almost.

Mr Zabe
11-17-2007, 04:50 PM
I stopped shopping at BigLots about 3 years ago.
IMO and maybe the store that I shopped at was below the
companies average; the food and beverage sections were
deplorable. I could not deal with seeing stale out of date food.

I absolutly love the Dollar Tree Store!!!!!
The stock of food and drinks are fresh.
The shelves are stocked to make shopping easy.
The house hold departments have very useful items.
The crew is friendly and helpful.
For me, shopping at the D.T.S. is a real pleasure.

iPwnd
11-17-2007, 05:30 PM
I can see where scum is coming from, at my biglots they often dont have cases open, and many drinks just have random stickers. My friend and i stocked up over the summer, and they must not care about inventory because the lady scanned one drink thirty times instead of individually scanning each. Yes there is some questionablility to scums actions, but just remember it was big lots

greg
11-19-2007, 11:48 AM
I can see where scum is coming from, at my biglots they often dont have cases open, and many drinks just have random stickers. My friend and i stocked up over the summer, and they must not care about inventory because the lady scanned one drink thirty times instead of individually scanning each. Yes there is some questionablility to scums actions, but just remember it was big lots

If it was the same drink it would not matter how many times she scanned it. They all have the same SKU.

iPwnd
11-19-2007, 06:19 PM
If it was the same drink it would not matter how many times she scanned it. They all have the same SKU.

It was a variety of drinks, so would that matter?

scum1
11-19-2007, 10:34 PM
Biglots uses stickers not the actual sku off of the can.

iPwnd
11-19-2007, 11:09 PM
im not sure if that is completely true, because my friend put a sticker off of one drink to another and it was rung up as a different brand, so ...

Black Spiderman
11-28-2007, 04:43 PM
I always stock up at Biglots. I've been drinking low carb Jokers lately.

scum1
11-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Hard to go wrong with those. I always grab a few when they have them.

I always stock up at Biglots. I've been drinking low carb Jokers lately.

iPwnd
11-28-2007, 05:47 PM
yeah recently saw 24oz Diet Bookoo for a $1, also all variety's of bloom, and joker juice, and ace juice

DudeMan
11-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Is Big Lots just for closeouts and dc brands? Or do some companies actually produce fresh stock to sell to Big Lots?

amyers
11-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Is boglots just for closeouts and dc brands? Or do some companies actually produce fresh stock to sell to biglots?

Some companies product fresh stock and stock it at Big Lots.

Coke has 20oz, and 2L most of the time ($1 Fanta), and Pepsi has 20oz and Jones Soda comes through a good bit.

fusion
12-04-2007, 10:43 PM
I found 24oz BooKoo ($1) and Del Monte Bloom energy (60 or 4/$2) today.

amyers
12-05-2007, 01:20 AM
I found 24oz BooKoo ($1) and Del Monte Bloom energy (60 or 4/$2) today.

Bloom Energy was the old label though - right?