PDA

View Full Version : Double Cola or Nehi

RonS
11-26-2007, 06:28 PM
I'll be in Nashville next week, does anyone know of any stroes that sell Double Cola in the Nashville Area? Anyone know where to find Grape or Orange Nehi in the Nashville area?

Thanks Ron

The BigTymer
11-29-2007, 03:58 PM
I haven't really seen Nehi a lot.

However, I do know that the Phillips 66/White Castle at the Old Hickory Blvd exit on I-40 in Hermitage has a bunch of Double Cola and Ski.

Man From Ohio
10-04-2008, 01:59 PM
I haven't really seen Nehi a lot.

However, I do know that the Phillips 66/White Castle at the Old Hickory Blvd exit on I-40 in Hermitage has a bunch of Double Cola and Ski.

I'll be in Nashville in a little over a week. Does this place still have Double Cola and Ski? If so, do have anything other than 20 ounce or deli bottles in the cooler?

Man From Ohio
10-16-2008, 05:23 PM
I'll be in Nashville in a little over a week. Does this place still have Double Cola and Ski? If so, do have anything other than 20 ounce or deli bottles in the cooler?

I visited this place (the convenience store part of it is called Zack's Express) on Sunday Octoer 12, 2008 and Monday October 12, 2008. The cooler containing the Double Cola products was pretty well picked over and obviously hadn't been stocked in some time. They had one 20 ounce bottle of Double Cola, three 20 ounce bottles of Jumbo Orange, one 12 ounce can each of Jumbo Grape and root beer, and a few cans of both Ski and Diet Ski. The guy behind the counter on Monday (Zack?) said he doubted he would be getting any further Double Cola products because a guy from DC's Nashville distributor told him they were going to stop carrying DC stuff because so few stores in the area want it. He said he still gets a lot of people stopping in and asking for DC stuff, though. He seemed surprised when I told him a couple of places on the internet specifically mention the store as a place to find DC products.

Anyway, I bought the bottle of Double Cola, one of the bottles of Orange Jumbo, both Jumbo cans, and two each of the Ski and Diet Ski-- I decided I should leave some for others. I also visited and called numerous other stores, both chain and non-chain, and none of them had any Double Cola. Pretty depressing, I would say.

On edit: I did find 12 pack cans of both Ski and Diet Ski in Elzabethtown, Kentucky on the way back from Nashville--the Coke distributor in that area carries Ski, but no other Double Cola brands. I also saw Ski in a couple of Coke vending machines.

drpep
10-17-2008, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=Man From Ohio;364916]-- I decided I should leave some for others. QUOTE]

Screw everyone. If you don't screw them they'll screw you :)

Man From Ohio
10-17-2008, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE=Man From Ohio;364916]-- I decided I should leave some for others. QUOTE]

Screw everyone. If you don't screw them they'll screw you :)

In all honesty,while Ski and Diet Ski are fine beverages, and the Jumbo drinks (which I had never had before) were quite good, my primary interest was (and is) finding Double Cola and Diet Double Cola--and I bought and drank the last DC the place had. So I wasn't being entirely benevolent. :cool: