PDA

View Full Version : going to fredericksburg va

jerr2429
11-28-2007, 01:48 PM
I am going to fredericksburg va next week to see family and was wondering what i can get that is different. I love cheerwine and i hope to find it in glass bottles. Is there sun drop or mello yello?

drpep
11-28-2007, 08:52 PM
No, no, not sure.

fusion
11-28-2007, 09:55 PM
No mello yello. No sundrop.

You may find Cheerwine. Pepsi in Charlottesville and Warrenton carry it, but I am not sure how far east they go.

CitrusCola
11-29-2007, 06:11 AM
There wasn't much variety in the stores that I checked. The only interesting find was a convenience store that had glass-bottled (deli style) Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, and 7-Up.

Tech_Guy
11-30-2007, 09:04 PM
When I took a trip last week to Newport News, VA, there really wasn't much of anything different or unique. What I did see that was unique...

Newport News, Virginia Beach, Cheseapeake:

Fanta Pineapple
Fanta Strawberry
Pibb Xtra
Welch's Strawberry Soda
My dad called me and said he found Fanta Zero in a Kroger down there

At the big Sheetz in Opal (on US 17 between Warrenton and Fredericksburg), I saw Cheerwine, but I stupidly did not pick any up. I never saw this in Pennsylvania despite the fact that it is supposedly produced somewhere here.

I did not notice Cheerwine in the Hampton Roads area and I cannot say much for Fredericksburg as I only stopped at a Chick-Fil-A there. I did not see Sun Drop or Mello Yello in my travels in VA.

Even though I listed products for Hampton Roads, I think some of the same products might be available in Fredericksburg.

fusion
12-02-2007, 01:06 AM
cheerwine.com doesn't have the Pennsylvania distributor listed anymore - so we can only assume they dropped it.

You should have seen it in southeastern VA - that's Virginia Beach Beverages territory, and they're a subsidiary of Pepsi of Central VA, who also carries Cheerwine (Dr Pepper is indie in most of their core territory).

Fanta Zero is pretty easy to find in most of Maryland. I work in the eastern counties, and we have that along with Pibb Xtra in 12 packs... and Fanta Strawberry.

Tech_Guy
12-02-2007, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the tip! I recently found Pibb Xtra at Martin's in LaVale, MD and picked up a few 12-packs of it. I also noticed Fanta Grape in 12 packs there. I saw Fanta Strawberry at LaVale's Walmart in 2 liters. I will have to look around down there for Fanta Zero.

The Coca-Cola that services Western Pennsylvania (Jefferson, Clarion, Armstrong, Indiana, and Butler Counties) doesn't do a good job with Coca-Cola's secondary brands. The only Fanta here is regular orange; Fanta Zero is nowhere to be found. Once in a while Fanta Grape in 2 liters will appear. Pepsi takes care of Dr. Pepper here, but Pibb cannot be found unless it is in a random fountain somewhere. I am thankful that we have Mello Yello and Barq's Red Creme Soda. I guess that is a trade off for the missing Pibb and Fantas.

Next time I visit my dad in VA, I will have to have another look for Cheerwine. The places I have been: Food Lion on US 17 (Newport News), Walmart (Chesapeake), Sams Club (Chesapeake), and a 7-11 in Virginia Beach all did not have Cheerwine. I need to visit a Kroger or a larger grocery store.

Adam@Vabeachbeverages
03-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the tip! I recently found Pibb Xtra at Martin's in LaVale, MD and picked up a few 12-packs of it. I also noticed Fanta Grape in 12 packs there. I saw Fanta Strawberry at LaVale's Walmart in 2 liters. I will have to look around down there for Fanta Zero.

The Coca-Cola that services Western Pennsylvania (Jefferson, Clarion, Armstrong, Indiana, and Butler Counties) doesn't do a good job with Coca-Cola's secondary brands. The only Fanta here is regular orange; Fanta Zero is nowhere to be found. Once in a while Fanta Grape in 2 liters will appear. Pepsi takes care of Dr. Pepper here, but Pibb cannot be found unless it is in a random fountain somewhere. I am thankful that we have Mello Yello and Barq's Red Creme Soda. I guess that is a trade off for the missing Pibb and Fantas.

Next time I visit my dad in VA, I will have to have another look for Cheerwine. The places I have been: Food Lion on US 17 (Newport News), Walmart (Chesapeake), Sams Club (Chesapeake), and a 7-11 in Virginia Beach all did not have Cheerwine. I need to visit a Kroger or a larger grocery store.

We (Virginia Beach Beverages) distribute Cheerwine in all grocery stores through the Hampton Roads Metropolitan Area.