PDA

View Full Version : Cadbury question

badboy1984
12-02-2007, 07:48 PM
What will happen with the current dr pepper bottling situation when the split occurs? Will it still be handled by coke, pepsi, and cadbury or will the new company bottle their own stuff.

CitrusCola
12-02-2007, 09:13 PM
It will probably stay the way it is now. The new company (once it's spun off) might opt to bring more of it's bottling of Dr Pepper (+ Sun Drop and others) in-house later on, but that would take a while.

While it will probably never happen, I wish the new CSAB company WOULD be responsible for bottling all of their products. When Coke or Pepsi does it, the result is fewer choices for the customers. (Coke, for example, does not sell Pibb Xtra in areas where it distributes Dr Pepper.)

fusion
12-02-2007, 10:53 PM
But also, in some areas you see Crush where Pepsi has Sunkist.. do you think Cadbury would keep bottling both, if they had the rights to Sunkist in those areas?

Also, just because Coke has Pibb in non-Pepper areas, doesn't mean they are pushing it. I know we don't. It's just sort of.. there.

We do sell a fair amount in the stores I do, because they are right on the edge of Coke bottled Dr Pepper areas, so the Pibb fans over there come down to buy it in my stores.

bigrich
12-03-2007, 07:29 PM
American Bottling sells both Sunkist & Crush Flavors in the Indianapolis area. Crush might even sell better than Sunkist around here.

Mr Zabe
12-03-2007, 07:37 PM
American Bottling sells both Sunkist & Crush Flavors in the Indianapolis area. Crush might even sell better than Sunkist around here.
Dittio. Chicago gets both. Orange Crush sells better except on weekly hot sales (+/- on the display facings). Sunkist Orange gets more facings on the end cap displays.

CitrusCola
12-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Around here, the stores have Sunkist in plastic bottles while Crush is in glass bottles. The plastic bottles come from the folks who bottle Cheerwine. The glass bottles (in 6-packs) are not from West Jefferson; the caps say that they were bottled in CT.

The new CSAB will probably try to streamline its product line once it's independent.

MISTICman
12-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Fusion...
I know what you mean. Last week, we ran out of Pibb Xtra in our store. The rep stocked Barq's in its place and brought back Fanta Orange, and put it in Barq's spot. I saw it that way on the shelf one night when I was changing shelf tags for the sale. Since Pibb had more shelf space than Barq's, I took down the Pibb tag and put the Barq's tag there since that's the way it was stocked. No one said anything about it and Pibb hasn't been brought in. It was just "there" also, but yet according to our tags, we sold more Pibb than Barq's. Go figure.

BevGuy15
12-04-2007, 10:39 AM
It will probably stay the way it is now. The new company (once it's spun off) might opt to bring more of it's bottling of Dr Pepper (+ Sun Drop and others) in-house later on, but that would take a while.

Yep, not likely to be much change.
Although wouldn't surprise me to see them continue on the acquisition front if/when opportunities come up.

CitrusCola
12-04-2007, 09:54 PM
I would expect them to try to aquire more bottling and/or distribution facilities instead of trying to aquire more soft drink brands. Didn't C-S recently buy a big (formerly) independent bottler?

fusion
12-04-2007, 10:22 PM
SeaBev was their last acquisition.

Kalil and Honickman are probably two of the biggest ones left.. but Honickman's Cadbury and Pepsi franchises share production facilities.

Davis Beverages would probably be the next logical buyout for Cadbury.. that is, if they're selling.

BevGuy15
12-05-2007, 11:54 AM
SeaBev was their last acquisition.

Kalil and Honickman are probably two of the biggest ones left.. but Honickman's Cadbury and Pepsi franchises share production facilities.

Davis Beverages would probably be the next logical buyout for Cadbury.. that is, if they're selling.

Good points and you could be right.
They could also look smaller at some of their remaining independent non carb distributors. They could also look further to the northeast where it's a bit colder. Of course it all depends on who's selling.
Should be interesting to see the moves in any event.