PDA

View Full Version : Fresca Black Cherry Citrus

Admiral37
12-20-2007, 11:33 PM
I saw this for the first time in a 12 pack. I've developed a liking for original Fresca even though it's not always on the shelves. I also like Black Cherry...I thought Black Cherry Diet Coke was a very good flavor. So the marriage of Black Cherry and Fresca should be ok, right? Wrong. I couldn't finish the first can I tried. It was horrible. It's as if there's twice as much aspertame in it than they really need, it's super sweet in a bad way.

I'm not even going to venture a taste of Fresca Peach Citrus, I'm assuming it's also loaded with too much aspertame.

Has anyone else tried these?

mjb1124
12-21-2007, 01:33 AM
I have to agree that Black Cherry Fresca is lousy - tastes more like bubble gum to me. The Peach flavor is a lot better, IMHO.

fusion
12-21-2007, 11:37 PM
They've been around for a few years, but the 2 liter and 20oz versions disappeared pretty quickly. In my area, the black cherry does seem to outsell the peach (though both pale in comparison to regular Fresca).

They are fairly decent, for diet drinks (not being a diet soda drinker, myself).

Tech_Guy
12-22-2007, 01:55 AM
I have seen Fresca here for years, but I never had it. We only have the original flavor, the other two flavors don't exist here (shocker). What is it, exactly? Is it something like Diet Squirt or Faygo's Frosh? Is it "citrus" meaning "grapefruit" or is it to the lemony side?

I want to try it, but I only see it in 12 packs here. I guess I can give it away to someone if I absolutely hate it.

mjb1124
12-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Yes, it's a grapefruit-flavored diet soda. It's a bit sweeter than Diet Squirt.

ScottyLibido
12-23-2007, 05:56 PM
In Canada, we have Fresca with Lime which is pretty good as well as Fresca with black cherry

Tech_Guy
12-24-2007, 12:56 AM
I found a 20 ounce bottle of Fresca and tried it today. It isn't bad for a diet soda pop. I never cared for Diet Squirt, but I was pleased with how smooth and mellow the grapefruit taste of Fresca was. The only thing I didn't like was the aftertaste where it is like you were sucking on a bar of Ivory soap.

Hopefully, I will see the other two flavors when I go on a Pibb run to Maryland. But if what fusion said earlier is any indication, I am not holding my breath on finding it in a 20 oz "tryable" size. (If tryable is even a word...)

fusion
12-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Correct. We only carry the two Fresca flavors in 12 pack cans. The very short time we had the 2 liters, they came from Rochester NY.. back when we first introduced them.

If you need any help or anything on your Maryland trip, let me know.

The King
01-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Peach Fresca is pretty good. I have a can in the fridge right now.

drpep
01-06-2008, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE=Tech_Guy;359305]I, I am not holding my breath on finding it in a 20 oz "tryable" size. (If QUOTE]

Sometimes it is cheaper to buy a 2 liter bottle.

Dawn in NC
02-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Actually, I really love this Fresca Black Cherry Citrus flavor because it is a great mixer with Vodka and a splash of cranberry. We've taken to calling them a "Cherry Fizz".
Sadly, after several years, I suddently can't find it here in Greensboro, NC. I'm at a loss!