PDA

View Full Version : Snapple Antioxidant Water

KingOfDiamonds
12-22-2007, 08:34 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried any of the flavors yet?? I'm drinking the pomegranate-grape one now and its pretty good. I didnt see all the flavors but I did notice they had dragonfruit, Seems like a vitamin water clone to me or something.

reset man
12-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Many Cadbury/Snapple distributors carried Glaceau which was pulled from them with the Coke buyout. Cadbury came out with their own version of the product which they did a good job with. I'm hearing positive feedback on the product and the packaging. The flavors can be viewed at Snapple Premium Teas and Juice Drinks: Made from the Best Stuff on Earth (http://www.snapple.com/#page=1)
Dragonfruit
Tropical Mango
Strawberry Acai
Grape Pomegranate
Agave Melon
Orange Starfruit
Raspberry Acerola

fusion
12-23-2007, 10:26 PM
They should have went with the Function drinks.. they are (imho) legit competition with Vitaminwater. I'm pretty sure that RC Winchester went with Function. That's the furthest east around here I've found them.

reset man
12-23-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm seeing the Function around but it is very slow moving. The distributor is charging $15 for a 12pk. which is energy drink pricing. $2.00-$2.25 retail is, IMO, too high for this category. The category leader Glaceau is retailing for $1.50-$1.75

BhamCokeman
12-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Birmingham Beverage, which had Vitamin Water before us, went with the Function and it has been a DUD from the get go. The range in retail from 1.79 to 1.99 and it's a 12oz bottle. They did a great job on selling the Vitamin Water when they had it and tried to come in and get our space we have for Vitamin Water, for their Function stuff. The owners pretty much laughed in their face, and they are having a very hard time even getting it in the stores.

amyers
12-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Gusto Brands/South GA Beverage went with BOTH Snapple Antioxidant Water and Function drinks, both retail for about $1.29-$1.39 each (in line with Vitamin Water)

fusion
12-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Correction - function is in a 16.9oz bottle.

I picked some up at a Giant in PA today - I'm assuming they came in through the Giant warehouse, or through Millbrook/United Natural. Anyway, they were 2/$3.

Now, if I could only figure out who their copacker is. I've seen the same code on some water beverages elsewhere (CCP).

drpep
12-27-2007, 11:01 PM
The Millbrook side does not have Function, but we do have Coke and Sprite from Mexico :)

sugarcoma
01-14-2008, 04:01 PM
I've been occasionally drinking the Dragonfruit/Awaken flavor. It is similar to the Snapple Fire Dragonfruit beverage, but has less than half of the sugar, about 30g per 20oz bottle. That's still pretty high for a beverage trying to pass itself off as "water". Perhaps that is why they replaced the "T" with a plus sign so they don't get into legal trouble.

It's not nearly as sweet as Snapple Fire, which is fine with me because I mostly drink water these days, so sweet drinks taste REALLY sweet to me now.
If you diluted Snapple Fire with 50% water, it would probably taste similar to this drink.
There's no artificial sweeteners in this, as far as I can tell from the label,
but it does have caffeine, ginseng, guarana, and vitamins A, E, and some B vitamins.

Also, my local Treasure Island Grocery in Chicago has been selling these on a 10 for $10 special for a few months now. Yes, a dollar a bottle! Other energy drinks and super waters are going for about $2 each there.

I was wondering if anyone has tried any of the flavors yet?? I'm drinking the pomegranate-grape one now and its pretty good. I didnt see all the flavors but I did notice they had dragonfruit, Seems like a vitamin water clone to me or something.

lesnyc
03-26-2008, 05:10 PM

Pomegranate-grape is good. I think it might be the most popular. I prefer Strawberry Acai b/c it has a bit of caffeine in it. I am currently working for Snapple to promote this product so I have a lot of it around my apartment. General consensus is that it is tasty, not too sweet/fruity and good for you. Antioxidants are so hot right now!! :)

lordmadone
03-26-2008, 07:40 PM
That stuff can't seem to keep up with vitamin water and life water by any means but it sells..to a degree and that function drink doesn't sell for crap and is overly priced and not very tasty.