PDA

View Full Version : More Sucralose Beverages in 2008?

ColaFan
12-30-2007, 02:20 AM
Will there be more Sucralose beverages in 2008?

Your thoughts?

BriGuy20
01-02-2008, 11:48 PM
I sure hope there are. I can't stand the aspartame in most diet drinks, but Sucralose and Surcralose/Ace K mixes are a lot more palatable. I think the only reason the diet drinks haven't been reformulated already is because it would anger the current drinkers who are used to the taste.

I have no inside information from the industry, though, so it's just hope on my part.

fusion
01-03-2008, 01:47 AM
Not only that, but the supply of sucralose has dictated a higher price for it, so the beverage companies can't put it in everything. But as more production comes online, and we see more generic sucralose, prices should come down, and availability should increase. And as the diet-drinking base shifts towards more sucralose and ace-k beverages, aspartame should decline in usage. Won't happen overnight, though.

Android
01-03-2008, 04:41 AM
I noticed all the Hansen's diets were sucralose now. The diet root beer is very good, the best diet RB I've had.

The way Pepsi seems to be pushing the aspartame Diet Pepsi Max these days, I wonder how much of a future sucralose Pepsi One has. I like P1 better, and it almost the almost as much caffiene in it as DPMax.