PDA

View Full Version : Here's where to find: Mello Yello

Tech_Guy
01-02-2008, 02:56 AM
I figure I will lend fellow soda pop fans a hand at finding some hard-to-find gems. I won't do eveything, but some of the biggies that people might be interested in. Here is post #1: Coca-Cola's Mello Yello.

Jefferson County Pennsylvania currently has it, but it is fast disappearing. It might not be here within a few months. I last saw it at the Flying J Travel Plaza in Brookville, PA (Exit 78 of Interstate 80). It is only available as a 20 ounce bottle.

Cracker Barrell Restaurant in New Stanton, PA has Mello Yello on tap. I am not sure if the location in Altoona, PA has it on tap, I will have to visit and report later.

Roy Rogers in Somerset, PA (South Somerset Service Plaza on the Eastbound side of the Pennsylvania Turnpike) has Mello Yello on tap.

Morgantown, WV has Mello Yello in 2 Liters, 12 packs, and 20 ounce bottles. I was able to find Mello Yello at both Kroger Grocery Stores in Morgantown (2 Liters and 12 packs) and a few Sheetz locations (20 ounce only). One Kroger is off of Interstate 68 on WV Route 7 West. The other Kroger is along WV Route 705 about 1/2 - 1 mile east of US Route 19 on the north side of Morgantown.

hometownfavorites.com has Mello Yello available in their Hard to Find Grocer area:

Soft Drinks-Old Fashioned Candy, Nostalgic, Retro & Old Time Candies & Grocery: Hometown Favorites (http://www.hometownfavorites.com/products.asp?dept=1018&number=HFBE097&pagenumber=2)

sodafinder.com also has Mello Yello available

Have Mello Yello in your area? Chime in and let us know!

crum186
01-08-2008, 08:50 PM
five guys burgers & fries in farmington, ct has mello yello on tap. thats the only place around that carries it.

Bigjon9981
02-19-2008, 06:19 PM
In Dayton Ohio you can find it at Kroger grocery stores and sometimes at the Meijer on Stroop and 741 and at the Speedway on Dorthoy lane next to Family Video and the Speedway on Stewart. Any other sitings in their hometown.

iammpb
03-13-2008, 01:00 AM
All the Chuck E. Cheese's in Northern Ohio have it on tap: Parma, North Olmstead, Mayfield Heights, Mentor, Toledo, Youngstown, Mansfield, Canton and Akron.

ilikesoda
03-13-2008, 02:12 AM
tech guy -- im really not trying to be mean by saying this, so please don't take it that way and if you do then it was not intended as so. You have posted a few posts, such as this one entitled "how to find rare gems' or something like that. and you go on telling people how to find such elusive sodas as mello yello, tab, and pibb xtra??? hmm... well most of us on the board could easily find those sodas. i'm just saying that while posts are appreciated on how to find the locations of certain sodas, the product location board is more for requesting help on finding actual hard to find products. I have read several other posts of yours and you do seem to genuinely know soda. so why waste your time posting about things like pibb xtra?

like i said earlier, please dont take offense.

now if you could write an article for me about where to find welch's fruit punch soda, cherry rc, sunkist lemonade, or maybe some fanta black cherry, well those gems would be helpful. (actual locations, not some online site that wants me to take a second mortgage out for a 12 pack)

thanx

d

mello yello
03-13-2008, 01:20 PM
while i agree that some drinks are harder to find than others, i still think any drink that a non-beverage enthusiast has never heard of because of its scarcity means that it is hard to find. and as one of the foremost mello yello fans around, it is safe to say that it falls in that category. and i appreciate any mention of its location on the board. Then when i am, say, on a road trip, rather than having to stop in every store in hopes to find it, you can have places you look first. and i know the board has proved helpful to me and others in this way.

ilikesoda
03-13-2008, 05:43 PM
is mello yello really that hard to find? i know that in my area, mello yello never went away when vault came out. I saw vault in maybe 2 fountains, but other than that, I have mello yello on tap in at least 15 places within a 6 mile radius of my house. You cant walk into any store that sells fridgepacks within 20 miles of me without seeing mello yello, 20oz bottles at every service station, about the only mello yello product thats scarce around here is the 2 ltrs. we do have vault and vault zero too, no mello yello diet tho, i would love that. ive only seen the diet once at a market in south carolina about 4 years ago

the saint
03-13-2008, 11:35 PM
what is hard to find for some may be quite easy for others such as your black cherry fanta, cherry rc, sunkist lemonade can all be found within 30 minutes of where I sit right now. Mello yello, pibb xtra, well I haven't seen those in years, as a matter of fact I wouldn't have even known that mr pibb became pibb xtra or that mello yello still even existed if it weren't for this board.

ilikesoda
03-13-2008, 11:43 PM
well like i said in my original post, i dont mean to offend anyone. i guess to me since i see those sodas everywhere it was like as if someone said" heres where to find sprite" but i guess its easy to take for granted that what may be easily attainable for some would be difficult for others. But hey, thats what this board is for. so once again, if anyone took offense then it really wasnt intended as so. i do think ur very lucky to have access to those sodas. i need to take a roadtrip.

Tech_Guy
03-14-2008, 08:26 PM
tech guy -- im really not trying to be mean by saying this, so please don't take it that way and if you do then it was not intended as so. You have posted a few posts, such as this one entitled "how to find rare gems' or something like that. and you go on telling people how to find such elusive sodas as mello yello, tab, and pibb xtra??? hmm... well most of us on the board could easily find those sodas. i'm just saying that while posts are appreciated on how to find the locations of certain sodas, the product location board is more for requesting help on finding actual hard to find products. I have read several other posts of yours and you do seem to genuinely know soda. so why waste your time posting about things like pibb xtra?

like i said earlier, please dont take offense.

Nah. I didn't find that offensive at all. I 100% see where you are coming from. However, the three I have mentioned so far (Mello Yello, Tab, and Pibb Xtra) do have a strong following for mainstream brands. Tab even has its own fan site! I do like to help out when I can because I get extremely frustrated when I cannot find a product anywhere where I live... so this is me doing my part to help those who are in the same boat I am. If you notice one of our newest members even asked about Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper. Usually a strong following will provoke me to do a How To Find post.

Pennsylvania is so basic when it comes to soda pop, it isn't even funny! I honestly do not know how a soda pop enthusiast could even live here (exaggeration, but you know what I mean). Get outside of the major cities and you would be surprised how many quasi-mainstream products we lack; they mostly are Coke products too for some reason. I can get Pibb Xtra where I live, but I have to get it via fountain. If I want, say a 2L bottle, that is a 120 mile trip out of state. Same holds true for (now) Mello Yello, Fanta Strawberry, and the Fresca flavors. Any Fanta flavor other than orange is a definite road trip (I have to drive 45 minutes before I even start seeing Fanta Grape). There are a few places where I can get gems like Virgil's Root Beer and Boylan's Cane Soda, so that keeps me "at bay" LOL.

This is the reason for the seemingly maintream sodas being posted as hard-to-find, I am sure Pennsylvania isn't the only state like this. My next post was going to be How To Find Fanta Birch Beer but I want to confirm a couple more locations as having it first. And with this one, I have found zero locations that have it in Pennsylvania. (Aside: it INFURIATES me that Coke doesn't push Fanta Birch Beer at all. I wish they would dump the fruit flavor / Fantana image and just release it in packages already! Crush is mostly fruit flavored, but Crush has a Birch Beer in Canada. I am not sure why Fanta can't be like that.)

ilikesoda
03-15-2008, 01:12 AM
thanx for the reply techguy. i didnt realize how bad u had it in PA. that really is terrible. although u do have cherikee red and frozen run birch beer.

I could run down the list of all the sodas i have access to down here but youd probably cry . lolol -- i really do feel for u. i live in a very unique area where i have a lot of ethnic/british/world markets nearby so i can get a lot. not to mention the products regularly available. and for some reason we still have regular pepsi lime. i can also get about 11 varieties of fanta. i do understand the cherry vanilla problem tho. when the choc cherry came out they seemed to have temporarily stopped the reg cherry van --but it seems to be back now.

i agree with u 100% on the fanta birch beer. i now only know of one place that has it on tap. wendys used to have it at a lot of there stores. and fanta ginger ale is ever harder to find. last time i saw it was in the cafeteria at american univ. in DC.

well since u live in a "dry state" lol -- if u ever need anything from down here just let me know.

amyers
03-15-2008, 10:33 AM
What kinda of Fanta can you get?

Speaking of Dr. Pepper and it's flavors - I did find a area yesterday that has all flavors:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/AaronMyers/Windows-1252BSU1HMDA1NzcuanBn.jpg

ilikesoda
03-15-2008, 08:27 PM
I can get fanta - orange, orange zero, apple, strawberry, grape, pineapple, icy lemon, fruit twist, shokata, exotic, and birch beer (but only on tap for the birch beer) not counting the fantas in my personal stash (fruit punch, orange/mango blend and pineapple/grapefruit blend)

Tech_Guy
03-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I probably would cry, but give me the list anyway LOL. I am partially blown away that Philly Coke produces Fanta Pineapple LOL. How bad is it when a Coke bottler that big ignores the fact that there are Fanta flavors other than Orange, Grape, and Pineapple? Pineapple even seems to be hard to find; I never see it in stores when I vacation in South Jersey (Philly Coke territory). Netgrocer.com is the only place I have ever seen it. What state are you in and in what area (I mean generically like eastern, western, central, etc.)? After a wild goose chase in Pittsburgh for KFP Coke & Pepsi and a Pibb hunt in Maryland and West Virginia, I am not completely against a small road trip where I would get to try Fanta Apple or Peach for the first time in my entire life.

We do have Cherikee Red. We always had it. Same holds true for Squirt. As for Frozen Run... it is a good sipping soda, it kind of reminds me of Canada Dry's clear birch beer (which I think was discontinued long ago). Boylans Creamy Red Birch Beer is okay, but it has this odd bitter aftertaste to it. A grocery store chain around here, Weis, has their own brand of clear Birch Beer in both regular and diet and they are both pretty good!

ilikesoda
03-18-2008, 01:01 AM
ok heres the list...

im only naming non standard sodas that i can get in my area. even tho some may be standard by you they may not be (as i have learned) to everyone. im leaving off the basics like coke, pepsi, sprite, etc. (and their standard varients)

Squirt
7up cherry, diet cherry, pomegranate
big red
big pineapple
tahitian treat
rc cola
all of the diet rites except cherry cola
ting
vault/vault red blitz
mello yello
irn bru and diet irn bru
reg pepsi lime
welchs grape/strawberry
sunkist orange/diet orange/strawberry/pineapple/fruit punch/and occasionally grape
the fantas in my previous response (2 up from this one)
pibb xtra
caffiene free diet dr pepper.
reg cherry vanilla dr pepper.
pepsi one
a & w cream/root beer and diet root beer.
regularly but not always (all the dads varieties at big lots)
KFP coke is here and the kfp pepsi should be here any day
A&w and sunkist floats
also i found 7up, crush orange,and dr pepper ice pops at walgreens
crush orange in fridgepacks diet crush orange in 2 liter and crush orange/grape/strawberry in glass
vernors and diet vernors
all 3 frescas
all 3 pepsi jazzs
tab
canfields diet chocolate fudge
jolt battery cans and the new passionfruit flavor
canada dry raspberry ginger ale
virgils root beer
mezzo mix
barq's/diet barq's

and only a short drive to get mountain dew livewire

im sure im leaving something out lol

these also dont count the odd hispanic sodas, store brand, (i.e chek, ritz, publix), or faygos (because those are intermittently available in anything other than standard grape, orange etc.)

im in south florida (literally right between miami and ft. lauderdale

as far as your quest for fanta peach and apple. i have apple here and I looove it. It's awesome. I don't like peach that much. They have it all over Georgia. i find it to be too sweet and syrupy. Welch's peach and sunkist peach are wayyy better. Oh yeah and nehi, thats better too.

amyers
03-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Who is your Coke bottler?

MISTICman
03-19-2008, 08:54 PM
MY is all over NC. But....here's the weird part. In the Wilmington area, Coke distributes not only Mello Yello, but also SUN DROP! When I moved to that area way back when, I thought it was, well, I can't say that in this post.

amyers
03-19-2008, 09:09 PM
MY is all over NC. But....here's the weird part. In the Wilmington area, Coke distributes not only Mello Yello, but also SUN DROP! When I moved to that area way back when, I thought it was, well, I can't say that in this post.

Yeah, must be Coca-Cola Consolidated. They don't carry VAULT much around there because they are scared it might hurt their Sun Drop share.

ilikesoda
03-19-2008, 10:40 PM
amyers -- im not sure how to tell where exactly it gets bottled. in the coke bottles after the date the code says HWE and the diet coke was like HWA i think. but then on vault it was a completely different code. on the caps it says the generic atlanta ga thing. But I know for a fact that all of our coke products come from the warehouse in pembroke pines, fl. It belongs to CCE. so i hope that helps. As far as the fantas tho. the only ones that are distributed thru CCE are the orange, orange zero, apple, pineapple, strawberry, grape and probably the birch beer syrup. The other ones are all imports. The fruit twist and icy lemon I can get at one of the two british stores we have. Occasionally I can get other kinds but those two have been fairly regular. The shokata and exotic I get at one of like 8 or 9 russian groceries near me. I think everything down here comes from SEABEV tho doesnt it?????

fusion
03-19-2008, 10:54 PM
HW = Hollywood FL. the last letter is the day of the week. A = Monday, and so on.

amyers
03-19-2008, 11:13 PM
amyers -- im not sure how to tell where exactly it gets bottled. in the coke bottles after the date the code says HWE and the diet coke was like HWA i think. but then on vault it was a completely different code. on the caps it says the generic atlanta ga thing. But I know for a fact that all of our coke products come from the warehouse in pembroke pines, fl. It belongs to CCE. so i hope that helps. As far as the fantas tho. the only ones that are distributed thru CCE are the orange, orange zero, apple, pineapple, strawberry, grape and probably the birch beer syrup. The other ones are all imports. The fruit twist and icy lemon I can get at one of the two british stores we have. Occasionally I can get other kinds but those two have been fairly regular. The shokata and exotic I get at one of like 8 or 9 russian groceries near me. I think everything down here comes from SEABEV tho doesnt it?????

Yeah, I was talking about the Sun Drop but if you send over some codes I can tell you where it came from.

ilikesoda
03-21-2008, 02:34 AM
i think it was misticman that was talking about sundrop. for the life of me i cant understand why we dont have sundrop down here. and cheerwine for that matter. we had cheerwine in very small quantities back about 6 or 7 years ago. winn dixie had it. then it disappeared. i wrote to cheerwine and they said that they have been trying to get a new distributor down here for a while. seabev annoys me. maybe now that they are cadbury they will change for the better. as for the sundrop, i wrote and they never wrote back so i have no clue why we cant get it. im down to my last bottle in my personal stash for sundrop. i havent been able to find the cherry lemon in my travels for about 5 years. i miss that one the most. and im down to two 2liters and 1 can of cheerwine. when that runs out i may cry. id order the cheerwine but the shipping cost is so high. i may break down and do it tho, esp since u can now order it in glass with cane sugar off their site.

Tech_Guy
03-23-2008, 10:44 PM
I guess your list isn't too different from PA's. I must just like the stuff PA doesn't have. Although I should post a couple pics of a couple stores here; the variety is almost laughable. If I wasn't so close to Pittsburgh (well, 90 miles), I would cry harder. LOL

I will be fair, I will list the pop I can get in my backyard, then list what I can get if I get off my butt and go to the 'burgh.

Coca-Cola Here:
All the Coca-Colas, Coke Zeros, and Diet Cokes
Sprite and Sprite Zero
Fanta Orange
Fanta Grape (This started showing up last week at the County Market in Punxsutawney. No more 45 minute drives to see it! Although Grape is not much to get excited about, this could be a precursor to entry-level variety from our Coke bottler.)
Vault, Vault Zero, Vault Red Blitz
Barq's Root Beer
Barq's Red Cream Soda
Fresca (regular flavor only)
Canada Dry Ginger Ale, Diet Canada Dry Ginger Ale
Enviga: all three flavors

Pepsi Here:
Pepsi, Caffeine Free Pepsi, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi, Diet Pepsi Max, All Three Diet Pepsi Jazz's
Sierra Mist, Sierra Mist Free
Tropicana Twister Orange, Diet Orange, and Grape
Mug Root Beer, Diet Mug Root Beer
Mug Cream Soda
Mountain Dew, Diet Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew Code Red, Diet Code Red, and Game Fuel
Dr Pepper, Diet Dr Pepper, Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper, Diet Cherry Chocolate Dr Pepper
Schweppes Ginger Ale, Diet Schweppes Ginger Ale
Aquafina Sparkling: both flavors
Tava: all three flavors

DPSG Here:
RC Cola
Diet Rite (Cola, Cherry Cola, White Grape, and Tangerine)
Squirt and Diet Squirt
Welch's Grape
7Up, Diet 7Up, Cherry 7Up, Diet Cherry 7Up
Cherikee Red
Frozen Run Birch Beer (not a DPSG product, but sometimes gets lumped with them or Pepsi products on shelves)
Sunkist Orange, Diet Sunkist Orange
A&W Root Beer, Diet A&W Root Beer
A&W Cream Soda
Crush (Orange and Grape) - 6pack glass only
IBC (Root Beer, Cream Soda, Black Cherry) - 6pack glass only
Stewarts (Root Beer, Oranges and Cream) -6pack glass only

Others Here:
Boylan's (Cane Cola, Orange, Grape, Root Beer, Creamy Red Birch Beer)
Dad's (Root Beer, Diet Root Beer, Orange Cream, Cream Soda, Red Cream Soda, Blue Cream Soda)
Faygo (just the basics, nothing fancy like Blueberry or Peach)
Jones (very basic selection: I think Tutti Fruitti, Crushed Melon, Root Beer, Diet Root Beer, Cream Soda, and Blue Bubblegum)

Now, say I go to Pittsburgh, then I get these:

Coca-Cola near Pittsburgh:
Everything mentioned above
Tab (sporadic)
Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper
Caffeine Free Diet Dr Pepper
KFP Coca-Cola Classic (this is an IN Pittsburgh only thing)

Pepsi near Pittsburgh:
Mountain Dew LiveWire
IZZE Sparking Juice (hey, it's flavored, it's fizzy, it's makes us belch sweet happiness into the air... it's pop LOL)
KFP Pepsi (this is an IN Pittsburgh only thing)

DPSG near Pittsburgh:
Big Red
Diet Rite Red Raspberry
Crush Strawberry - 6pack glass only

Others in Pittsburgh:
Tom Tucker Mint Ginger Ale
Red Ribbon Sodas (PA-made soda pop... made with cane sugar and carbonated with dry ice and in glass!)
Boylan's Original Birch Beer
Virgil's Root Beer
Virgil's Cream Soda
Blue Sky Soda - Organics too
More Jones Flavors like Green Apple and Blueberry Lemonade
Target's Archer Farms Sodas (it should be noted that these are made with SUGAR and they are in GLASS)
Dr Brown's (Black Cherry, Cream Soda, Cel-ray)

ilikesoda
03-24-2008, 12:11 AM
thats not as bad a list as i was expecting from your initial slamming of the PA soda market :) im jealous of the barq's red cream, the boylans cane cola, diet squirt, cherikee red, frozen run, and those red ribbon sodas that sound incredible from that description you gave.

i think that everyone on this board should chip in and we could all charter a coach bus. we could start off at the west jefferson plant and navigate thru the country collecting sodas :) ahh what a nice dream!!

as for those target archer farms sodas. i know all about target. lol. i lead the assets protection division for most of miami-dade county, FL. i love those sodas :)

Mr Zabe
03-24-2008, 12:55 AM
Call me nuts (yes I know that I am). LOL

It would be so cool if we could meet for a
weekend soda pop lover's gathering. Perhaps
we could get some assistance from BevNet with
getting some soda pop companies to donate
soda pop. How cool would it be to actually see
the faces behind the Avatars. LOL

It would be fun to meet,drink and trade stories.
Maybe we could take a field trip to visit a few stores
or soda pop bottlers. I have never been to a bottler,
I bet it would be real awesome.

Tech_Guy
03-24-2008, 02:01 AM
A meet would be very cool! Local bottlers might entertain a tour of enthusiasts (I wonder if Paul's Beverages located here in PA is reading this). Not that I am pushing to have a meet here, I just mention them because they have a userid on this forum. Even trading regional sodas would be cool as well.

I am part of another online forum (or was) and we actually had get-togethers planned from that forum and some of us met. Some of us became best friends which is very cool. We all kinda faded in participation in that forum (Tempo Topaz Car Club of North America) but we still have meets and do things together... even soda pop hunts!

But I do get cravings for: Pibb Xtra, Fanta Strawberry, Faygo Peach (haven't had it in YEARS, it was gone here before Crystal Pepsi was invented, but I remember it was GOOD), Fanta Pineapple, Welch's Stawberry, Sunkist in any flavor other than orange (all of which don't exist here). I wish we had the Peach and Black Cherry Fresca's and Fanta Zero because they are not half bad for diet sodas. I can get them when I go to Morgantown, WV or Cumberland, MD, so not a biggie until I get too old to drive.

I would love to try Fanta (Black Cherry, Peach, Apple, Citrus, Cherry, Ginger Ale). I would LOVE to try Apple Beer; I will have to keep a sharp eye open in my travels for that. RC Cherry would be wonderful to try. Some of Faygo's oddball flavors would be interesting to try like Blueberry or Blueberry Raspberry (whatever it is). I wanted to try the Candy Cane Cola they had, but it never showed up here. Cheerwine would be interesting as well.

It has been worse! I remember when our Coke bottler had 7up, Sunkist, Squirt, and Welch's... that meant NO Sprite and no Minute Maid Soda in any flavor. Surge never appeared here; to get it, that meant a trip to Pittsburgh.

It has been better! We had Hires Root Beer years ago, but I think Pepsi bottled it and it went down when Mug Root Beer arrived here. We had both Ruby Red and Diet Ruby Red Squirt, they are gone now. We had Peach Nehi and Blue Cream Nehi, they have been gone for years. Coca-Cola is the most (if not only) irritiating bottler here. We DID have the four primary Fanta Flavors, both Mr. Pibb and Pibb Xtra were beside each other on the shelves for a short time during the name/flavor transition, and all the Frescas! Then out of nowhere they all disappear except for Fanta Orange (!!) I miss that short time (1998 - 2002); I had all of my favorite sodas I could want plus some FOR ONCE! Then our Coke bottler reverted partially back to its old ways LOL. These products weren't sitting on the shelves collecting dust, people were buying them... probably not enough. Most stores I walk through I see Coke/Zero, Diet Coke, Sprite/Zero, Vault/Zero, Fanta Orange, and Barq's Root Beer... that is it. Barq's Red Cream can be easily found at Walmarts but not everywhere. All the sodas I have listed above I can get, but not in one store. And we just LOST Mello Yello from shelves here too. Now that is another one I have to trek to Morgantown, WV to get. Again, I can get it, so not really too big of a deal.

Although if I was more of a Pepsi person than a Coke person, I probably would not say a word, because Pepsi actually pushes their products here and keeps them on the shelves (with the exception of Dr Pepper extentions). Pepsi seems to cram as many products into shelf space as possible for variety while Coke blows 3/4 of their space on Coke it seems. Now if I was an RC person (don't get me wrong, I LOVE RC), I would CRY due to lack of Sun Drop, Cherry RC, Sunkist flavors, Welch's Flavors, Nehi, Ruby Red Squirt, etc.

That was very long winded and off topic, but these are reasons why you see me bash the variety here LOL.

Oh here is a link about that Red Ribbon soda.

Natrona 'pop shop' is last of the glass acts (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07137/786519-34.stm)

I will have to try some myself. This Saturday, I will go to Pittsburgh to visit the Buhl Planetarium (I like astronomy and Planetariums are cool); I will also do a KFP Coke/Pepsi run and see if I can get Red Ribbon as well.
__________________________________________________ ______________

So, uhm, who all has Mello Yello (Regular or Diet) in their areas? LMAO.

Rollerwings
03-27-2008, 08:58 PM
That's ironic, but I've seen your club's website before. My husband's had two Tempos and a Topaz and he loves them. He almost bought a fourth one but we wound up with an Accord.

Anyway, I digress. Thanks for the list of pop to look out for because we're in Beaver County north of Pittsburgh. The Beer & Pop for Less in Moon Township often has TAB, though I wouldn't drive out there before confirming that they actually have some in stock.

Irishboy
01-20-2009, 03:55 PM
I have to say this has been helpful. As of this date, I've called Morgantown and they do have it at Target.

Mello Yello appears to be widely available in bottles and cans throughout NC, SC, and GA. In Montgomery County MD, you can get fountain MY at select Subways in Gaithersburg and Rockville (call ahead) and both Chuck E Cheese's in both towns.

I believe it can be found at one of the 95 rest stops in MD, I forget which one.

Before finding out about Morgantown, we were planning trips to Wilson, NC Target to get MY. This should be closer.

We plan to move to Boston in the near future- anyone ever see it up in that area?

fusion
01-20-2009, 04:22 PM
I know the I-95 rest stop in Delaware has Mello Yello in the fountain.

sodaplanes
01-24-2009, 05:03 PM
I guess your list isn't too different from PA's. I must just like the stuff PA doesn't have. Although I should post a couple pics of a couple stores here; the variety is almost laughable. If I wasn't so close to Pittsburgh (well, 90 miles), I would cry harder. LOL

I will be fair, I will list the pop I can get in my backyard, then list what I can get if I get off my butt and go to the 'burgh.

Coca-Cola Here:
All the Coca-Colas, Coke Zeros, and Diet Cokes
Sprite and Sprite Zero
Fanta Orange
Fanta Grape (This started showing up last week at the County Market in Punxsutawney. No more 45 minute drives to see it! Although Grape is not much to get excited about, this could be a precursor to entry-level variety from our Coke bottler.)
Vault, Vault Zero, Vault Red Blitz
Barq's Root Beer
Barq's Red Cream Soda
Fresca (regular flavor only)
Canada Dry Ginger Ale, Diet Canada Dry Ginger Ale
Enviga: all three flavors

Pepsi Here:
Pepsi, Caffeine Free Pepsi, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi, Diet Pepsi Max, All Three Diet Pepsi Jazz's
Sierra Mist, Sierra Mist Free
Tropicana Twister Orange, Diet Orange, and Grape
Mug Root Beer, Diet Mug Root Beer
Mug Cream Soda
Mountain Dew, Diet Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew Code Red, Diet Code Red, and Game Fuel
Dr Pepper, Diet Dr Pepper, Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper, Diet Cherry Chocolate Dr Pepper
Schweppes Ginger Ale, Diet Schweppes Ginger Ale
Aquafina Sparkling: both flavors
Tava: all three flavors

DPSG Here:
RC Cola
Diet Rite (Cola, Cherry Cola, White Grape, and Tangerine)
Squirt and Diet Squirt
Welch's Grape
7Up, Diet 7Up, Cherry 7Up, Diet Cherry 7Up
Cherikee Red
Frozen Run Birch Beer (not a DPSG product, but sometimes gets lumped with them or Pepsi products on shelves)
Sunkist Orange, Diet Sunkist Orange
A&W Root Beer, Diet A&W Root Beer
A&W Cream Soda
Crush (Orange and Grape) - 6pack glass only
IBC (Root Beer, Cream Soda, Black Cherry) - 6pack glass only
Stewarts (Root Beer, Oranges and Cream) -6pack glass only

Others Here:
Boylan's (Cane Cola, Orange, Grape, Root Beer, Creamy Red Birch Beer)
Dad's (Root Beer, Diet Root Beer, Orange Cream, Cream Soda, Red Cream Soda, Blue Cream Soda)
Faygo (just the basics, nothing fancy like Blueberry or Peach)
Jones (very basic selection: I think Tutti Fruitti, Crushed Melon, Root Beer, Diet Root Beer, Cream Soda, and Blue Bubblegum)

Now, say I go to Pittsburgh, then I get these:

Coca-Cola near Pittsburgh:
Tab (sporadic)
Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper
Caffeine Free Diet Dr Pepper
KFP Coca-Cola Classic (this is an IN Pittsburgh only thing)

Pepsi near Pittsburgh:
Mountain Dew LiveWire
IZZE Sparking Juice (hey, it's flavored, it's fizzy, it's makes us belch sweet happiness into the air... it's pop LOL)
KFP Pepsi (this is an IN Pittsburgh only thing)

DPSG near Pittsburgh:
Big Red
Diet Rite Red Raspberry
Crush Strawberry - 6pack glass only

Others in Pittsburgh:
Tom Tucker Mint Ginger Ale
Red Ribbon Sodas (PA-made soda pop... made with cane sugar and carbonated with dry ice and in glass!)
Boylan's Original Birch Beer
Virgil's Root Beer
Virgil's Cream Soda
Blue Sky Soda - Organics too
More Jones Flavors like Green Apple and Blueberry Lemonade
Target's Archer Farms Sodas (it should be noted that these are made with SUGAR and they are in GLASS)
Dr Brown's (Black Cherry, Cream Soda, Cel-ray)

The can craters have been using the United states post office for years, They have a flat rate box for shipping. If some one wanted cans not in the area we EXCHANGE products (I send you 24 you send back 24) In that way we had building material we not yet seen and some tasty drinks to boot...

Just a thought...

sodadiscoverer
02-04-2009, 01:49 AM
Dear Bev guys,

I am a NYC resident trying to locate the nearest Mello Yello retailer, like you guys I am an avid fan and am willing to go far distances in order to attain mello yello in cans or bottles. Bevboard has helped me out before, in attaining Pibb xtra. To help any of you guys out, Pibb xtra is in Maryland, I found it in Giant Supermarkets and Walmart Supercenters just in cans, it is also in Giants in York PA. If you guys can help me out it would mean a lot, i would hate to go a far distance and attain nothing. If you guys need help finding Boo Berry or something I can definitely assist.
Thanks

anechcka
07-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Dear Bev guys,

I am a NYC resident trying to locate the nearest Mello Yello retailer, like you guys I am an avid fan and am willing to go far distances in order to attain mello yello in cans or bottles. Bevboard has helped me out before, in attaining Pibb xtra. To help any of you guys out, Pibb xtra is in Maryland, I found it in Giant Supermarkets and Walmart Supercenters just in cans, it is also in Giants in York PA. If you guys can help me out it would mean a lot, i would hate to go a far distance and attain nothing. If you guys need help finding Boo Berry or something I can definitely assist.
Thanks

Hey-

I don't know if you still need to find Mello Yello/Pibb xtra, but I live in New Jersey and have found both. I found Mello Yello sold in separate cans at a pizza joint a few towns away from me, and we have Pibb Xtra all over my area, usually in restaurants and fast food places, though I don't really recall if I've seen it sold in cans/bottles. Let me know if you need more info/help.