PDA

View Full Version : A&W Float & Sunkist Float

710 flash
01-13-2008, 11:19 AM
I got a sneak peek from Bev Net about these 2 items coming out on Jan 16.I thought they'd just be in plastic bottles with corn syrup.I was in a small supermarket here in Plainwell,MI on Saturday and discovered the Float products in 4 packs of glass bottles at $5.99 per 4 pack + deposit..a bit expensive.I bought a 4 pack of the A&W and took it home and put a couple of bottles in the fridge to get it nice and cold and discovered on the ingredients SUGAR! not corn syrup.I got a bottle really ice cold..Took it out,shook it slightly and imbibed..It is VERY sweet 63 grams of sugar in a 12 oz bottle..But it's Creamy and Foamy and Rich..It has Nitrous Oxide to increase Foam...Do other areas of the country have these sweet treats? I'm a sugar-holic,so I think it's great!

Thanks everyone!
The Gal at the 7up distributor said they're trying a more Retro thing with their sodas...Glass Bottles and Sugar..(Cadbury-Schweppes)

Soda World
01-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Good to know that they are made with sugar as opposed to the hfcs junk. there will also be a sunkist brand ice cream float too. both the a&w version and the sunkist version are slated for nation wide roll out that started in january. who knows how long it will take to make it through the whole country.

Biron57
01-15-2008, 11:26 PM
I had my first taste of the root beer one on Friday. I love it! Tonight I just got some of the Sunkist stuff and I'm not too crazy about it, but I was never crazy about orange cream to begin with.

RollinRob
01-22-2008, 07:29 PM
I found these at my local gas station the other day. I thought it would be kind of a bad taste seeing it's all pumped into a bottle, but I was very pleased at how excellent the taste was! Yes, it is VERY sweet, but for those who want a nice sweet drink, A&W Float is the way to go! I have took a quick picture for those of you would be interested in finding the product at your local store(s). It is in a glass bottle which is a downfall a little...

Supra TT
02-10-2008, 05:30 PM
I saw these in a few 7-11's of mine

Tech_Guy
02-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Giant Eagle in Latrobe, PA has both A&W and Sunkist floats. I checked the ingredients and they are sweetened with sugar and they are in glass bottles. This is the only store around I have seen these in so far.

With the 60 grams of sugar per serving, I would rather have a real root beer float by getting Breyer's Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Virgil's Root Beer.

lordmadone
02-11-2008, 08:02 PM
On sale ..3.99 for a 4 pack..pretty friggin good too!

AABCjoe
03-08-2008, 10:16 AM
They're made with real skim milk, too...7% dairy. They were pushing to get them into dairy coolers, deli coolers, etc. Lots of sugar, but VERY TASTY.

Supra TT
03-08-2008, 07:31 PM
I am suprised.....resets are starting out at Royal Farms and the Floats will be in the new set

whotony
04-18-2008, 04:11 AM
I found these at my local gas station the other day. I thought it would be kind of a bad taste seeing it's all pumped into a bottle, but I was very pleased at how excellent the taste was! Yes, it is VERY sweet, but for those who want a nice sweet drink, A&W Float is the way to go! I have took a quick picture for those of you would be interested in finding the product at your local store(s). It is in a glass bottle which is a downfall a little...

you don't like glass bottled soda?
why us that?

Anyway I had a 4pack from a target
I'm delco pa.

tcbo1hilnr
04-26-2008, 11:51 AM
I love A&W rootbeer, next to IBC it is the best. I also love rootbeer floats but I don't know what it was about this product...it just tasted weird. It wasn't good but I couldn't say it was really bad either. I think I'll stick with homemade floats, to each their own I guess.