PDA

View Full Version : 7up/rc cola in fridgepacks??

ilikesoda
01-16-2008, 12:12 AM
this week , all of the 7up, cherry 7up, diet 7up, crush orange, big red, RC cola, diet rite, and a few random others switched from the old cube design to the fridgepacks. i never ever see 7up or rc products in fridgepacks. is this unusual across the board?

Tech_Guy
01-16-2008, 12:50 AM
Not sure about all areas, but throughout the Western half of Pennsylvania, all of DPSG's products are in fridgepacks. They have been for years. For this area, I don't think I saw any of them in the old cubes since the Coke bottler for this area used to bottle almost all of DPSG's products. This is at least 10-11 years since I saw any of DPSG's products in the cube format.

The only products I see in the old cube format are Faygo, Sams Choice, and other store brands.

amyers
01-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Some brand were still in cubes 'til a few months ago - like Country Time Lemonade.

Mr Zabe
01-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Also nearly all of the store brands still use 3x4 cubes.
The only exception by may parts is Meijer store brand soda pop.
The Chicago Big Three companies do not use the 3x4 cubes for
any of their brands. Just fridge packs (cans).

fusion
01-16-2008, 02:41 PM
To me, the word cube means a 24 pack of cans, 12 on top of 12, like Pepsi normally uses (and CSBG, somewhat). Coke ones we call slabs or suitcases.

I call old-style 12 packs 3x4s.

That being said, everyone around here uses fridge packaging, except for store brands/generic brands.

Dave
01-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Target's store brand soda uses the FridgePack format. It works well in the XXXX