PDA

View Full Version : Naked juice...

lordmadone
01-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Has anybody heard through the pipeline about any independent Pepsi bottlers(lets say like PBG) actually distributing this delicious stuff?

lordmadone
01-23-2008, 05:10 PM
nothing at all???

BigJayMiller
01-24-2008, 11:32 PM
i havent heard of any distribution of this, but i can tell you this, naked juice is awesome (even though its pricey, 3 bucks a bottle, ouch)!

fusion
01-24-2008, 11:51 PM
That makes no sense. Why would PBG invest in a fleet of reefer trucks for one product line?

KingOfDiamonds
01-25-2008, 02:00 AM
I heard starbucks might start carrying it.

the saint
01-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Nothing from the brass at PBG that I have heard in an official sense anyways. Who knows the bottom feeders such as myself are always the last to find out anything at work, I usually find out about new PBG products on Bevnet before I find out from PBG.

lordmadone
01-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Fusion your not making sense. Why would PBG need a fleet of reefer trucks at all? Its one new product line although strong it wouldn't need a fleet of trucks for it unless I am misunderstanding the delivery process.

The saint: haha right there with ya..

fusion
01-26-2008, 06:23 AM
Naked Juice is not shelf stable in its' current packaging. It must be refrigerated during transportation to the accounts.

I'm surprised you didn't know that.

The same goes for most of the juice/juice products you see in the cases in the produce sections in supermarkets (Odwalla, POM, and so on).

lordmadone
01-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Actually I wasn't entirely aware of that but you make a good point. I never researched the storage/delivery procedures for it..

Mr Zabe
01-26-2008, 12:01 PM
So that would for sure add into the equation of it higher retail cost.
Good observation as usual,Fusion.:)
I have been scared off this catagory because, in my mind (right or wrong)
the price point is to high for my pockets. Even me a complete "drink junkie",
I just can't get myself to plunk down 3 to 4 dollars for
a 20oz glass of "premium juice". That's just me.

fusion
01-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Zabe - for me, it's the fruits they use and the blends they come out with that draw me to these juices. I don't buy the regular juices, but I do like the various color blends (Naked has the "machine" varieties). Though I have found you can get private label versions at Trader Joe's for cheaper than Naked or Odwalla.

the saint
01-27-2008, 10:22 AM
There was a guy who worked at Pepsi/PBG for around 20 years who was let go when the new boss came to town (reset guy supposedly making 75000 yr, replaced with a reset guy making 24000 yr) that went to work at Naked Juice. I ran into him at one of my old accounts one day and he gave me 10-12 coupons for a free bottle, I will tell you man that stuff is good, I don't think I could bring myself to pay 4 bucks a bottle (heck I don't like paying 1.39 for a soda but I am a cheap ass) but I sure didn't mind paying the nothing price for it. I would recommend that everyone buy it instead of the stuff PBG sells if it wasn't more than double the price.

lordmadone
01-27-2008, 09:00 PM
now that I think about it though..we carry dole single serve juices too..whats the difference? How long of a shelf life typically does naked juice have?

meetingpeopleiseasy
01-29-2008, 01:14 PM
now that I think about it though..we carry dole single serve juices too..whats the difference? How long of a shelf life typically does naked juice have?
I just had one for breakfast this morning and it expired on Feb. 7. So that's not much of a shelf life.

Popados
01-30-2008, 12:13 AM
I heard starbucks might start carrying it.

Good. Im not a big fan of the Odwalla brand juices.

mjb1124
02-15-2008, 04:37 PM
They sell Naked Juice at my college, which has a contract with Pepsi. So there must be some kind of connection.

I really love this stuff. Especially the "Superfood" varieties". Sometimes it's worth the price.

the saint
02-16-2008, 09:21 AM
They sell Naked Juice at my college, which has a contract with Pepsi. So there must be some kind of connection.

I really love this stuff. Especially the "Superfood" varieties". Sometimes it's worth the price.

Pepsi does not offer anything in direct competition to this category,(unless you are serviced by an indie pepsi distributor, I should have said PBG) therefore the distibutor may have loop-holed their way in.

I know at the local school district in which my daughter attends they are under contract with Pepsi but they also carry red diamond tea. It loop-holed in as Pepsi does not offer a plastic bottled regular tea without lemon here.

mjb1124
02-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Pepsi does not offer anything in direct competition to this category,(unless you are serviced by an indie pepsi distributor, I should have said PBG) therefore the distibutor may have loop-holed their way in.

My college is serviced by PBG. But you may be right about the loophole. I remember a few years ago when the contract was with Coke, they sold Red Bull for a brief period, but that went out the window once Full Throttle was introduced.