PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard of the experimental Acosta take over for CCE?

lordmadone
01-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Wondering if its not just happening in my state/bottling area..but anywhere else?

and to clarify its not a complete take over..just most of the merchandising..

amyers
01-23-2008, 08:03 PM
This Acosta??

Acosta : Acosta (http://www.acosta.com/)

lordmadone
01-24-2008, 06:39 PM
yes siree bob..sounds like it. The crap they are pulling on these CCE guys to save on costs for distribution is ridiculous..they are going to lose money in the long run. Acosta pays these guys like 8-10 dollars an hour with very limited benefits to merchandise coke products and stay ALL day in a store during their shift and they merchandise for other vendors..its in all of our walmarts for coke and its slowly growing..

Mr Zabe
01-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Moons ago, I worked as a retail merchandiser for P&G.
I did a lot of catagory resets. My sales rep would
treat me like a free labor slave. LOL Any thing to
kiss the store manager's ass.

greg
01-25-2008, 10:23 AM
yes siree bob..sounds like it. The crap they are pulling on these CCE guys to save on costs for distribution is ridiculous..they are going to lose money in the long run. Acosta pays these guys like 8-10 dollars an hour with very limited benefits to merchandise coke products and stay ALL day in a store during their shift and they merchandise for other vendors..its in all of our walmarts for coke and its slowly growing..

What do you mean by: "the crap they are pulling on these CCE guys to save costs for distribution is rediculous...." ?

What kind of crap? How so? Who is going to lose money, CCE or Acosta?

greg
01-25-2008, 10:27 AM
stay ALL day in a store during their shift and they merchandise for other vendors....

PEPSICO did a similar "test" when it bought Quaker Oats.
They had one guy who did all of the merchandising for all Pepsi Products, all Frito Lay Products and all Quaker Oats products in a store. He was only responsible for that one store but he was also responsible for every product that was under the PEPSICO banner.
If I remember correctly they shelved the test because it proved to be just too much for one guy to do.

lordmadone
01-25-2008, 08:13 PM
What do you mean by: "the crap they are pulling on these CCE guys to save costs for distribution is rediculous...." ?

What kind of crap? How so? Who is going to lose money, CCE or Acosta?

Well neither CCE or Acosta as a company are going to lose money..both will gain and CCE will save substantially because of not having to pay for one of their own guys such a high price per hour in addition to the benefits. I am talking about the crap they are pulling on the little guy..disposable more then some a lot of their guys whom I have worked next to for a while and been with CCE forever and a day are getting their hours cut a lot and having to be under intense scrutiny..they are going to lose the battle though because all their merchandise scheduling for my area is being done in f*cking NY!