PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Volume Compared?

Mr Zabe
02-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Ok in comparison to the other major US holidays,
how does the soda pop and water volume sales compare.

I was at Woodman's (local mega grocery store) this morning.
Soda pop and water were flying out of the store like crazy.
The parking lot at 8:30 am was nearly jam packed. Actually
I was amazed at how croweded the store was.

I saw the Coca Cola and Pepsi route guys working their
butts off. I did not dare approach them and say hi. LOL

lordmadone
02-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Needless to say this is one of the top five(maybe three) "holidays" for us over here in eastern virginia..not so much for coke..because for the last three superbowls we have the ad advantage. As opposed to maybe regular 52 hours I worked about 10 more..but I did like double my regular volume for my little slow route.

fusion
02-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Super Bowl is a "holiday" for the chip and soda guys. Pepsi had most of the ads, with a lot of tie-ins with Frito-Lay.

skylark68
02-04-2008, 04:01 PM
The local grocery store in my town really pushes Dr. Pepper/RC Cola and those were flying off the shelves. Water was almost totally gone with the exception of some gallon jugs. The Super Bowl was a lot like a hurricane scare with all major liquids disappearing.

greg
02-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Being a Beer drinker I have oftem sat and wondered just what the Superbowl would be like if it were to be moved to a Saturday night.
Having the game on Sunday I pace myself rather insidiously to the point where I have to make a decision to proceed or just back off all together.
A Superbowl Saturday would probably put the Superbowl in a class by itself somewhere in between Christmas and New Years Eve.

Could you just imagine the chaos??????????/