PDA

View Full Version : Columbus, GA to Chattanooga,TN

amyers
02-04-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm going on this little trip in March 2008, route link:

from: Columbus, GA to: Chattanooga - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/3b9usq)

Thoughts? Stops I should make?

CitrusCola
02-04-2008, 10:02 PM
I would guess that you'll be looking for some Double Cola products in and around Chattanooga. I've heard that Food Lion grocery stores in Chattanooga carry Double Cola and Ski.

fusion
02-04-2008, 10:33 PM
I went to the new (at the time) Bi-Lo in Red Bank (Chattanooga metro). Coke United had every variety of Dr Pepper.. and I found Double Cola, Ski, Diet Ski, and Cherry Ski there as well.

If you look around, you may also find the Jumbo sodas from Double Cola as well.

amyers
02-04-2008, 10:47 PM
I can get Jumbo 20oz and 6pk cans here in a few rare stores - but I haven't been able to find Cherry Ski. I will look at that store.

Can you find Cherry Lemon Sundrop in this area as well?

Also, who is the DPSU distributor in the area? Anything rare they might carry? Looking forward to it!

greg
02-05-2008, 08:14 AM
I think amyers is using this as a fact finding mission to prove to everyone how well Vault is doing in the deep South! LOL

lordmadone
02-05-2008, 08:27 AM
lol greg..I was thinking it..you said it..heh..well from there not much in TN to see I know that..Knoxville and Nashville are the major spots..well two of them anyway.

amyers
02-05-2008, 09:16 AM
I think amyers is using this as a fact finding mission to prove to everyone how well Vault is doing in the deep South! LOL

I don't need to go on roadtrips to prove to anyone how great VAULT is doing in the south. :)

fusion
02-06-2008, 08:43 AM
At the time (late 2006), Chattanooga was All-American territory, and they were still using 3x4 12 packs. Part of CSBG now, but I don't know if they went Cool Pack.

The website has them having Sundrop and RC Cola in Chattanooga, but I can't say if I found cherry lemon Sundrop or Cherry RC.

Also, Decatur GA seems to be the dividing line for product sourced from the Atlanta metro CCE plants versus the Cleveland TN plant. I found Vault there when there was none to be found in the Atlanta area, when eastern TN had it in test market. You may find a slightly different lineup in the stores there versus what you find down your way.

Cheer-wined
02-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Can you find Cherry Lemon Sundrop in this area as well?
Northwest of Chattanooga - Coffee, Moore, Franklin, Bedford counties. Prescott Bottling in Tullahoma serves those areas and distributes cherry lemon.

amyers
02-06-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm looking outside of DPSU/Coke/Pepsi too if there is anything around, just looking for great sodas. Still no chance of Cherry RC. :(

Cheer-wined
02-07-2008, 09:41 PM
I found Cherry RC today along Hwy 90 between Morgan City, LA and Lafayette, thanks to Streva Distributing in New Iberia, LA. They have one of the more interesting brand assortments I've ever seen.
Streva has very little presence in c-stores, and mostly 6-packs and 2L's in their grocery store sets. Some of their brands were:

RC/Diet RC/Cherry RC
Crush grape/orange/strawberry
Diet Rite (cola plus 3 or 4 flavors)
Dad's root beer (only saw 12pks)
Bubble Up (canned by Mellow Moon)
Ski (canned by Evansville)
Frostie root beer (2 different logos on the cans)
Tahitian Treat
Nehi peach
Big Red

In a few weeks they'll have Dr Wells in 6 packs also.

The Pepsi distributor in that area, Acadiana Bottling of Lafayette, has rights to a bunch of the main Cadbury brands like Sunkist (grape, orange, strawberry, pineapple, peach, cherry limeade), 7Up, A&W and Dr Pepper.

fusion
02-07-2008, 11:05 PM
By any chance did you get Acadiana's production code?

amyers
02-08-2008, 12:56 AM
How do you find this stuff? Booo! Maybe I'll run into some Cherry RC someday.

Cheer-wined
02-10-2008, 04:40 PM
By any chance did you get Acadiana's production code?
I don't think that Acadiana is bottling anymore - all the 2L's & 12pks that I saw in their territory came from the PepsiAmericas plant in Reserve LA. 8oz cans came from PepsiAmericas in Austin, IN.

They also had Sunkist orange and Dr Pepper longnecks from Dr Pepper Texas.

I went by their office ... looked like a sales and distribution facility to me.