PDA

View Full Version : Dublin Dr. Pepper at Jason's Deli

amyers
02-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Wasn't too sure how many people would find this as cool as I did. But for those of you who really enjoy a great sugar beverage (and not HFCS) you should check out Jason's Deli (Jason's Deli (http://www.jasonsdeli.com)) they've trying to go HFCS free and are now offering Dublin Dr. Pepper:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/AaronMyers/Windows-1252BSU1HMDAzNTcuanBn.jpg

Most of their drink selection is HFCS-free now: Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Coke, Diet CF Coke, Water (:P), some type of Hi-C, then they have Sprite, and Coke.

rollntider
02-06-2008, 11:30 PM
which Jason's Deli? I noticed you travel Bham alot, i live in the Bham area.....
I gotta try some of that.

amyers
02-07-2008, 12:14 AM
which Jason's Deli? I noticed you travel Bham alot, i live in the Bham area.....
I gotta try some of that.

It's at all the Jason's Deli's nationwide because they're trying to cut down on HFCS usage and yes I've been to Birmingham, great soda finding area! :)

skylark68
02-07-2008, 05:40 PM
That's sweet news. Next time I'm in that area I'll check it out. I'll have to see if the Jason's Deli in the Houston area is doing the same thing.

amyers
02-07-2008, 08:15 PM
That's sweet news. Next time I'm in that area I'll check it out. I'll have to see if the Jason's Deli in the Houston area is doing the same thing.

They are ALL of them have it.

stevenveteran
02-08-2008, 09:21 PM
I went out our local Jasons Deli and found Dublin Dr Pepper it is even better coming out of the fountain. Does anyone know how long it has been on the fountain at Jasons?

amyers
02-09-2008, 08:10 AM
I went out our local Jasons Deli and found Dublin Dr Pepper it is even better coming out of the fountain. Does anyone know how long it has been on the fountain at Jasons?

They've been trying to get rid of HFCS products for a while but I didn't notice this til last week sometime.

DGibb
02-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Stupid Michigan. No Jason's Deli and no Sonic Burger. We have Faygo, but otherwise it seems a beverage drought. I just wish I had some of that Dublin Dr. Pepper!

Mr Zabe
02-09-2008, 02:50 PM
I feel your pain.LOL
Chicago does not have them either.
I did read somewhere that Sonic is expanding
into the Midwest. Apparently Chicago will get
a few Sonics in the near future. I can't wait (goes unsaid). LOL

Tech_Guy
02-09-2008, 08:58 PM
I never heard of Jason's Deli (no PA locations obviously), but kudos to them for offering sugar versions of soda pops... Dr Pepper especially. Subway with their "health" branding should do the same. The only way I am ever going to try Dublin Dr Pepper is to just break down and order the stuff from the Old Docs Soda Shop website. $40+ is a bit steep for soda pop, but it is cheaper than driving 1/2 a week to the south central US.

Amazingly, PA is FINALLY getting Sonic locations. There are two in the Pittsburgh area and a few near Philadelphia. Though I am 90 miles from Pittsburgh, so it is still a trip for me.

On a side note, with the way Target is, I am kinda surprised Dublin Dr Pepper isn't showing up in their fountains anywhere.

liquidlunch
02-15-2008, 11:07 AM
No Jason's Deli in Washington DC either. Guess I'll be have to guzzle down the HFCS sodas instead!

DPDude
04-05-2008, 01:58 AM
I found out from an employee at a local Jason's Deli that they will stop carrying Dublin Dr Pepper by the end of April. He didn't know why it was pulled but was disappointed by it.

amyers
04-05-2008, 09:21 PM
That's weird, I would think they would be expanding their non-HFCS products

mjb1124
04-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Maybe they will be getting cane sugar DP from a different source?

stevenveteran
04-08-2008, 09:19 AM
I talked to their corporate office and they confirmed that they are doing away with Dublin Dr Pepper by the end of this month. The lady assured me that they probably have something new in the works but she stated that she did not know what that was. She assured me that Jasons Deli is still committed to using pure cane sugar than HFCS. Today I will talk to the local manager of Jasons Deli to see if I can Garner more information.

stevenveteran
04-08-2008, 10:58 AM
I talked to one of the local managers at Jasons Deli and they alluded that they had received a memo that supplying Dublin Dr Pepper to their stores violated their contract in some way and that they were going to be using HFCS Dr Pepper starting in May 2008. I next will be calling Dublin Dr Pepper to get their story.

taestell
04-08-2008, 12:51 PM
I bet it was a violation of their contract with their local Coke or Pepsi bottler (who provides the rest of their fountain drinks) to bypass their distribution system and import Dublin Dr. Pepper.

amyers
04-08-2008, 09:42 PM
From what I've understood in the past with Dublin Dr. Pepper and the other sugar-based Dr. Pepper's is that they don't ship outside of their area because of some type of rights issue.

So I'm sure that Jason's Deli must of bought a bunch of this stuff and sent it out with their Jason's Deli trucks and I'm sure that has to be against the rules. I guess I'll have to go and get some while I can. :(

rollntider
04-15-2008, 11:06 AM
The Jason's here removed the Dublin DP from its fountains :(

rollntider
04-15-2008, 11:07 AM
But in Birmingham Dr. Pepper is produced by the pepsi bottler. They sell cokes, so why is that a violation of the coke contract?

amyers
04-15-2008, 11:22 AM
But in Birmingham Dr. Pepper is produced by the pepsi bottler. They sell cokes, so why is that a violation of the coke contract?

Because the Dr. Pepper made with Sugar is a territory thing, it is only produced by Dublin Dr. Pepper and they normally don't sell their coke to anyone outside the territory, and Jason's took it outside the state even, and to all their stores.

stevenveteran
04-16-2008, 08:37 AM
I talked to a Manager at Dr Pepper Company Dublin and they informed me that Cadbury informed them that they could no longer sell their fountain product to Jasons Deli. According to the manager they did not give a reason why, they just told them to cease and desist. I guess it could be worse and that no consumer could buy any of the canned Dr Pepper by mail order.

doug1885
04-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Maybe Cadbury could run the cane-sugar DP in cans again this summer, with an expanded range, as compensation for depriving so many people of real-sugar Dr Pepper! Does anyone know if they plan to do it again any time soon?

-Doug