PDA

View Full Version : Enviga a bust?

lordmadone
02-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Another case of the Coke plague?(where they invest and advertise out the butt and then have hardly any follow through)

Hardly see it around my area and I asked a coke rep about it and he says it does ok..does good in target but target accounts for hardly anything grocery wise.

Supra TT
02-10-2008, 09:20 PM
It does good in some areas, but in most areas its a dust collector

Tech_Guy
02-10-2008, 10:00 PM
I just discovered it this month (and that is only because I saw it on Philly Coke's homepage!). I got to try it for the first time yesterday in Johnstown PA. I liked it. But I cannot find it where I live. I have no idea how long it has been out either.

Coke's advertising sucks period. If it wasn't for this site, I would not have known in 2006 that there was a thing called "Vault" coming to the store shelves. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I saw at least one regularly airing commercial for Pepsi Blue during the short time it was out. Heck, even Dr Pepper Red Fusion had a commercial AND slogan! Vault? Enviga? Coke Zero? Coke Blak? Dasani Plus? To be honest, I have yet to see ONE commercial to date for those products (and yes, I do watch TV).

Supra TT
02-10-2008, 10:07 PM
It is probably becuase you were looking for those commericals....There was plenty of push for all of those products when they first came out.....They still have coke zero and vault commercials out there

mjb1124
02-10-2008, 10:59 PM
I think people were just way too skeptical about this product's supposed calorie-burning ability, which was basic attributed to a high caffeine content.

BhamCokeman
02-10-2008, 11:25 PM
To be honest with you, I really do not recall much advertisement for Enviga. Where I have it, it still does well. Is it a weekly thing on your part to bash something Coca Cola puts out? That's typical Pepsi to me though. It must be a company thing though because they do not know how to make a commercial without ripping the other guy. It's the little mans syndrome though I guess. Miller does the same thing to Bud, and they are number TWO as well. Heck I could talk about that dog of a drink Pepsi Max that had all this advertisement when I came, and I don't see it anymore. Carry on with the blasting though, I enjoy the laugh every week.

greg
02-11-2008, 10:42 AM
To be honest with you, I really do not recall much advertisement for Enviga. Where I have it, it still does well. Is it a weekly thing on your part to bash something Coca Cola puts out? That's typical Pepsi to me though. It must be a company thing though because they do not know how to make a commercial without ripping the other guy. It's the little mans syndrome though I guess. Miller does the same thing to Bud, and they are number TWO as well. Heck I could talk about that dog of a drink Pepsi Max that had all this advertisement when I came, and I don't see it anymore. Carry on with the blasting though, I enjoy the laugh every week.

A little sensitive today aren't we??????

Enviga had a great push at the beginning, ( As Coca-Cola usually does) however, the claims made by COKE were somewhat "extravagant" to say the least. I remember I added it up one day and you would have to drink about 4-5 Envigas a day to get the benefits they touted.( depending on wieght, height, activity level, etc)

You can go to their own website and see how vague they are in the research and studies and that everything is based on drinking 3 cans a day( to expend 106 calories) That is pricey for the little bit of calories you "negatively consume" according to them.
Enviga (http://www.enviga.com/#FAQs)

lordmadone
02-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Bham dont be so sensitive. I just asked a question. I freely admit where Pepsi messes up(MDX...hello?..edge? Hello?! Pepsi blue!?) but your taking it too much to heart. Remember while it might be number two soda wise nationwide, your company is smaller grocery wise..diversify if you want to live small fry :P. NEEE WAYZ.

I just remember a stint on Good Morning America about it well before it came out, hell I even kinda got excited about it thinking it would be good(tasted like crap) there were even movie like posters on all the Wal Marts in my area saying when it was coming out and then... *poof* like a magic trick its gone. I see it pretty much nowhere.

If you must know I am very competitive. I always believe in the pepsi brand and was a fan well before I became an employee..and I have love for the Coke company and many of its quality products I just inquire and try to understand..thats all. I can see how I may come off but your getting the wrong impression. If you wish to adress me personally inbox me something.

BhamCokeman
02-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Maybe it's a little on my part also.:-) I am a little over sensative to comments like that I guess. I guess I take it too personal like I was in the trade or something. I'm used to winning against the other guys in all ways, and I guess I am not used to the bad things. Sorry again.

lordmadone
02-11-2008, 09:17 PM
hehe all good..I take pot shots at the guys in the trade all the time but the funny thing is I hang out with coke guys about as much as pepsi guys..

Soda-MN-Good
02-11-2008, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE=BhamCokeman;360146] Heck I could talk about that dog of a drink Pepsi Max that had all this advertisement when I came, and I don't see it anymore.QUOTE]

Wasn't Pepsi Max one of the 10 super Bowl main ads? The one with everyone bobbing their heads to the song? From what I've heard, it was 2 million dollars for a 30 second spot.

although most of the products you guys mention as not having any advertising i've seen commercials or radio ads lately...Vault, Pepsi Max and a few others.

Must be demographic or the stations you watch as I've noticed quite a few ads.

Tech_Guy
02-12-2008, 12:23 AM
[QUOTE=BhamCokeman;360146]

Must be demographic or the statiosn you watch as I've noticed quite a few ads.

It must be. I regularly watch Discovery Channel, Science Channel, Weather Channel, and GSN. Either that or my cable company is overtaking them with local commercials and self-promos. I wasn't ever looking for any Coke commercials, I honestly just never saw one for any new Coke products. The last ones I recall seeing were for Full Throttle and the original Vanilla Coke. Before that, there were the annoying Fantana Fanta Commercials.

And I have XM Radio, so I never really hear any radio commercials in general.

Soda-MN-Good
02-12-2008, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=Soda-MN-Good;360181]

It must be. I regularly watch Discovery Channel, Science Channel, Weather Channel, and GSN.
And I have XM Radio, so I never really hear any radio commercials in general.

That says it all, I'm pretty sure the Discovery and Science channels do not have the demographic or target audience for particular beverages.

I watch BET, MTV, and the local stations which I would assume is their target market.

Mr Zabe
02-12-2008, 04:05 PM
It does appear that all too often the Big Three soda pop companies
miss the target. IMO....their R&R/marketing of a new brand/flavor extension
is usually 95% miss and %5 hit. The only recent "hit" as of late is
Coke Zero. Coke Zero became a hit in spite of a crappy marketing plan
with a crappy national roll out. Go Figure.

meetingpeopleiseasy
02-13-2008, 01:51 PM
I love the peach flavor, but there is no way I can afford to drink 3 cans a day, like recommended.