PDA

View Full Version : Tabasco soda & other stuff from Louisiana

Cheer-wined
02-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Not available in bottles or cans, but the McIlhenny company store (Avery Island, LA) has free samples of a tabasco soda that they are test marketing. Has a cola taste but not too hot.

Coke United in Baton Rouge is producing the commemorative can for LSU's college football championship. It should be in stores within the next week or so.

United has huge displays (literally, pallets) of their products at most grocery stores now ... they're in the process of shutting down their existing plant & office off I-10 and moving to a new facility. A case sells for $6.99; the usual Coke brands plus Big Red, Big Peach, Big Punch, Delaware Punch, Barq's Red, Barq's french vanilla.

The plaque shown below is near the office entrance of their soon-to-be "old" plant.

BhamCokeman
02-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Their business probably tripled overnight after Katrina. Guys all over United had to go help out for probably 3 or so months to help out after the storm. They could not handle the load because most guys were going out with 2 truck loads, working 7 days a week, etc just to keep up. They finally outgrew their facility and had to move on. They are very strong. Powerade has a high share there than Gatorade, strongest marker share for DP, Pepsi is non existant(even Dew).

amyers
02-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Can it out, friend found it up by Hattiesburg, MS:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/AaronMyers/Windows-1252BMDItMDktMDhfMTUxMy5qcG.jpg

liquidlunch
02-11-2008, 01:34 PM
How do we get free samples of the Tabasco soda? Dying to try it!

liquidlunch
02-11-2008, 01:40 PM
How can I get my hands on some Tabasco soda samples?? Did a quick google search, but no luck..

Cheer-wined
02-11-2008, 10:16 PM
How can I get my hands on some Tabasco soda samples?? Did a quick google search, but no luck..

You have to go to the company store in Avery Island.

liquidlunch
02-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Sadly, I am far faraway from Avery Island. You so got my hopes up!

liquidlunch
03-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Anyone want to send me one, hint HINT?

wonkapete
03-05-2008, 05:15 PM
This thread reminds me of a soda I picked up in New Orleans about 20 yrs ago. It was called Cajun Cola. It tasted like Coke with spices in it. Very strong and spicy. I still have those cans on one of my shelves.

Soda-MN-Good
03-05-2008, 06:51 PM
I haven't tried the tabasco soda. but i know Bennet's makes a hot cola, and there's another one out there called Jack Blacks blood red cola that has a slight spice to it.

liquidlunch
03-06-2008, 10:49 AM
I wonder how easy it is to DIY. Like a few squirts of tabasco inside a coke can?

Soda-MN-Good
03-06-2008, 01:39 PM
I wonder how easy it is to DIY. Like a few squirts of tabasco inside a coke can?

Sounds like your tempting fate there. Blah