PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Raw - with natural ingredients only....

stuartfanning
02-16-2008, 11:55 AM
.........launches in the UK.

Pepsi launch new 'healthy' drink | Metro.co.uk (http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=98348&in_page_id=34&__id=ea8a0838c39de125d5c9205516990c4d)

Clash of the cola companies as Pepsi launches 'healthy' option made from all-natural ingredients| News | This is London (http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23436689-details/Clash+of+the+cola+companies+as+Pepsi+launches+'hea lthy'+option+made+from+all-natural+ingredients/article.do)

popologist
02-16-2008, 03:11 PM
honestly, i think this stuff will flop. soda just isn't healthy. it's an indulgence. i think people should stop fooling themselves.

Mr Zabe
02-16-2008, 04:47 PM
honestly, i think this stuff will flop. soda just isn't healthy. it's an indulgence. i think people should stop fooling themselves.
Did you run of your A List soda pops?
You need a soda pop fix ASAP.LOL

popologist
02-16-2008, 08:56 PM
nah. i'm just sayin that coke and pepsi keep trying to make soda something it's not--healthy. i mean, i don't think it's a bad idea to give us fresh offerings. i just think it's misleading to present it as something "healthy". i mean, it's still 130 calories from sugar.

Mr Zabe
02-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Excellent point.
I agree.

Soda-MN-Good
02-17-2008, 01:47 AM
I also agree, but beings it's healthy and I need to lose a few pounds, i'll take one case.

Now if only they could make it so it makes me look younger, sexier, and last longer in bed....

We'll call it Pepsi Raw Miracle Elixir

Tech_Guy
02-17-2008, 02:17 AM
I do like the taste of Natural Colas, I hope Pepsi markets this in the US. I like the taste of naturals better like Blue Sky Organic New Century Cola (beware that some non-organic Blue Sky Naturals have HCFS!). The taste just seems cleaner. And I find I have no aftertaste with a 'natural' soda pop as opposed to a not-so-natural one.

Although healthy? No. That is like adding vitamins to Cheetos and marketing them as healthy! Natural junk food is still junk food... only you can at least pronounce their ingredients LOL.

Android
02-17-2008, 05:12 AM
No. That is like adding vitamins to Cheetos and marketing them as healthy! Natural junk food is still junk food... only you can at least pronounce their ingredients LOL.

MMMM, Yeah, "I'm in the mood for a heath food fix, so okay, I'll take that 1 lb bag of Flamin' Hot Limon Crunchy Cheetos with Vitamins and Minerals, and throw in that 2liter bottle of Pepsi Raw..." ;)

popologist
02-17-2008, 08:07 AM
MMMM, Yeah, "I'm in the mood for a heath food fix, so okay, I'll take that 1 lb bag of Flamin' Hot Limon Crunchy Cheetos with Vitamins and Minerals, and throw in that 2liter bottle of Pepsi Raw..." ;)
ha ha ha! :)

da987
02-17-2008, 11:50 AM
If you look at the second link that Stuart posted, I think it is pretty much the same drink (Pepsi Retro) that Ramon has told us about in Mexico but with a different name.

It has lower calories than regular Pepsi, is made from sugar, and has raisins listed in the ingredients, which is what Ramon said he could taste in the Pepsi Retro.

Mr Zabe
02-17-2008, 12:38 PM
If that is the case then IMO what is "Retro" about it?
I mean the original (pre HFCS) Pepsi is what I thought was
the idea of "Retro". Just give me good old cane sugar Pepsi
and do not change the pre HFCS formulation.

Why can't Pepsi and Coke keep it simple and give us
soda pops of the pre HFCS era? {A side from cost.}

popologist
02-17-2008, 05:11 PM
would pepsi dare call their sugar version "pepsi classic"? LOL!

liquidlunch
02-22-2008, 12:50 PM
I bet it's because so many Pepsi addicts are used to the HFCS taste, and the change might be too dramatic for taste buds. It can't be that bad in moderation, ya know?

skifdank
03-23-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm glad to hear they didn't follow through with their plans to use sucralose in it.

rollntider
03-23-2008, 10:58 PM
I bet it's because so many Pepsi addicts are used to the HFCS taste, and the change might be too dramatic for taste buds. It can't be that bad in moderation, ya know?

I tried the Mexican coke, its much better tasting that the HFCS one, and the RC with sugar is better than the HFCS.... I would only imagine the pepsi would be the same.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-24-2008, 12:22 AM
If you look at the second link that Stuart posted, I think it is pretty much the same drink (Pepsi Retro) that Ramon has told us about in Mexico but with a different name.

It has lower calories than regular Pepsi, is made from sugar, and has raisins listed in the ingredients, which is what Ramon said he could taste in the Pepsi Retro.

Some things I must have to clarify...

One is that it doesn't have raisins on the ingredients, I said in another thread that it tastes like raisins or prunes or whatever, but it doesn't mean that Pepsi Retro has raisins on the ingredients... actually Pepsi Retro is made of cola nut extract, cane sugar, and other natural ingredients... and about if it has lower calories than regular Pepsi, I don't know, cause the Pepsi Retro label doesn't have a nutrition facts chart...