PDA

View Full Version : Monster Distribution

Ooylara
02-22-2008, 02:43 PM
I'm looking for some information, highly SPECIFIC, about how Monster's distribution has changed over the past year.

Have you noticed a quality distribution improvement? More space? More point of sale stickers/signs? Who is the distributor?
Does Monster have traction on its new products? Is M-80 selling? Rumba? Java? Heavy Metal/BFC?
Does Monster have more slots/space in the big chains?

Have you heard any interesting trade talk/grumblings about Monster's portfolio and/or distribution?

Does Monster look like the #1 Energy Drink in your area?

Let me know if you would like to take this conversation into email...

Thanks, Ooylara

greg
02-22-2008, 08:49 PM
I smell a hostile takeover from somseone outside the industry!!!!!!!

fusion
02-23-2008, 04:46 AM
That kind of information isn't free, my friend.

intheknowenergyguy
03-04-2008, 01:39 AM
Hey now, what do you need to know. I am dialed in with Hansen and Monster and can hopefully tell you what you need to know but dont want to post it. Drop me a line with your questions and I will answer them. If I don't know I will talk with one of the co-chairs or their VP on international and return to you.

greg
03-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Hey now, what do you need to know. I am dialed in with Hansen and Monster and can hopefully tell you what you need to know but dont want to post it. Drop me a line with your questions and I will answer them. If I don't know I will talk with one of the co-chairs or their VP on international and return to you.

Careful grasshopper......

Ooylara
03-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Intheknow- Thanks for your reply, I sent you a private message over Bevnet.

Greg- how does Monster look in S. Florida? Things change a lot since AB took over? You see the brand in bars/clubs these days?

greg
03-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Intheknow- Thanks for your reply, I sent you a private message over Bevnet.

Greg- how does Monster look in S. Florida? Things change a lot since AB took over? You see the brand in bars/clubs these days?

I am comfortable answering you rquestion because I am just a casual observer. I have no affilation at this time with Monster, Hansens, Or A/B.

I see the A/B trucks rolling product all the time. They seem to do a good job of it here in the West Palm Beach area. Brown Distributing is a great bunch of guys and I know their management is 2nd to none.
Without mentioning names I walked the warehouse with the original distributors son, who took over the business, and he knew everyone on a first name basis. From the keg room to the graphics, to the guy operating the floor cleaning machine he talked to everyone of them and actually " knew them". I was very impressed. A very "hands on " group of guys.

Modrink
03-20-2008, 01:30 AM
Hi everyone, Im new on this board. I have a small question hope you guys got the gossip on this.
What ever happenned to Coke or Pepsi buying monster or was that a falso rumor. If AB is doing so well with Monster, wouldnt AB be the natural choice for the one to buy them out?

Thanks folks.

zne0
03-21-2008, 02:55 AM
Big Blue..............enough Said

reset man
03-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Upstate New York - A/B distributor: I see an increase in chain distribution... Shelf space seems to be increasing due to the numbers of sku's tripling over the last few years... One area I see them lacking service is to the unlicensed beer accounts... If the account doesn't have their beer license they don't seem to be setting up the accounts just to sell Monster... I don't live in the bars but in the few I do frequent, Red Bull is totally dominant on-premise... No Monster to be found on-premise... Red Bull is still #1 but Monster is very strong... Personally I think Monster is a way better and more exiting product to be selling... I used to sell it before it went to A/B and I miss it.