PDA

View Full Version : Energy Drinks & MMA

DudeMan
03-06-2008, 06:16 PM
With the UFC loaning Xyience the funds to save them from bankruptcy (and to ulimately save a sponsor), No Fear announcing last week it is the official energy drink of the WEC (World Extreme Cagefighting), Throwdown announcing this week it is the official energy drink of the IFL (International Fighting League), Rockstar being the official energy drink of King of the Cage, and RAGE announcing next week it is the official energy drink of TKO Champiosnhip Fighting......is MMA the new "way to go" for energy drinks?

KingOfDiamonds
03-06-2008, 11:37 PM
It seems like that is the case. It is very popular now so of course they are gonna jump on the bandwagon:p

meetingpeopleiseasy
03-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Wait until these guys have to start naming their fighting styles after beverages. TONIGHT!! UFC 99!! JUJITSU VS. RED BULL!!!!

lordmadone
03-08-2008, 11:19 AM
I think its just a perfect harmony of the hardcore crowds and the age demographic that wants to be energized like their favorite MMA fighter.

DudeMan
03-09-2008, 03:30 PM
I agree. Anyone have an idea how Throwdown is doing? Seen it anywhere?

SonicFury
03-09-2008, 06:05 PM
I agree. Anyone have an idea how Throwdown is doing? Seen it anywhere?

Throwdown is popping up at my GNC's in MI, right where all the other MMA affiliated drinks are sold.

By the way, add Spike Shooter into your list of drinks affiliated with MMA. It's advertised with some UFC fighter on the packaging.