PDA

View Full Version : When is the new Mtn. Dew flavor coming out?

jacksmom
03-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Does anybody know when they're supposed to release the new Mountain Dew Flavor? I didn't actually vote, since I'm not patient enough to play their game, but all of the flavor choices sounded pretty good to me. On a side note, any word on whether or not the new flavor will have the same amount of caffeine as regular Mountain Dew, or is it supposed to be something more along the lines of Game Fuel? THANKS!!!!

Tannerman
03-07-2008, 02:51 PM
I recently wrote up something regarding the social computing/marketing aspect (http://www.bevreview.com/2008/02/27/commentary-dewmocracy-and-mountain-dews-online-marketing/) of the DEWmocracy campaign, for those interested. (I have a background in online community development, so this was of interest). Which is why I would know this off the top of my head, from the FAQ (http://www.dewmocracy.com/faq/default.aspx):
Q: Is there a way I can actually taste the three new Mountain Dew drinks before the final vote?
A: As part of the move from a virtual gaming experience to a real world election, all three candidates - Mountain Dew Supernova, Mountain Dew Revolution, and Mountain Dew Voltage – will be made available on store shelves across the country this summer before the final vote. Seekers, recruiters and all Mountain Dew lovers in general will get to meet their creations face to face, and taste to taste, before casting a vote. After the election results are in, the ultimate winner, the People’s Dew, will remain on the store shelves and be officially recognized as an honored member of the Mountain Dew lineup.As far as caffeine makeup, no idea. Though all 3 finalists are featuring ginsing, so I would imagine that the angle may be more along the Game Fuel direction as far as "boost".

Supra TT
03-07-2008, 05:08 PM
The "Game Fuel" tasted horrible

meetingpeopleiseasy
03-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Unfortunately my love for Halo came before my taste buds and I bought a ton of it before even tasting it, ughhhhh...it was awful.

jacksmom
03-08-2008, 10:56 AM
LOL - I still have about 4 or 5 12-packs of Game Fuel - Same situation! I like it on occasion, but not for everyday. I anticipate it will probably take a year to get through my stash! I do the same thing, though - as soon as I hear the word "limited edition" I stock up, whether it's good or not!

lordmadone
03-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Wow suprised to hear that I loved game fuel but not as much as my prized Code Red..game fuel tasted like Code Red with Live Wire mixed..and the color was about the same too..I wonder...heh. I get a ton of customers and store workers asking me about the stuff..it had quite a following and not because of the Halo3 thing either..although I am sure it was a factor.

Summer time is the most plausible for releasing new mountain dew flavors(as it seems like a theme during summer time they release new mt dew flavors...sometimes seasonal) ..the biggest soda selling season by far. I am sure about the same amount of caffiene will be in it as I doubt there is more needed. Maybe a boost to differentiate it but nothing like gamefuel.

b0mbtrac
03-09-2008, 12:45 AM
I sure hope its better than game fuel. that was a let down.

JasonCH18
04-16-2008, 08:36 AM
They had all 3 of them at the Pepsi Plant yesterday when I went into there and i got to dry all 3 of them, Voltage and Revolution were by far the best 2, Supernova was way to sweet.