PDA

View Full Version : Gold Peak Iced Tea

yogateacat
03-07-2008, 04:17 PM
I've recently discovered the regular sweetened Gold Peak Iced Tea, and it was AMAZING! I do not like artificial sweetners for the most part, and thus I don't like the diet form of this (though the tea itself is good). As a born-and-raised Southern gal I am constantly in search of delicious sweet tea, and this one is wonderful!! Hmmm, I wonder if they have this in an unsweetened version? Despite my heritage I like unsweet iced tea, too. Hahaha!

Mr Zabe
03-07-2008, 04:44 PM
FYI....I'm a fellow cat lover.
Your Avatar is awesome.

Gold Peak Ice Tea is certainly a good ice tea.
I like the sweetened the best. Granted I'm a
Chicago city slicker. LOL My A list ice tea as of now
is Lipton's Pure Leaf sweetened (the one in the glass bottle).
Boy a nice ice cold bottle sure hits the spot. It's a little
pricey but IMO well worth the money.

Supra TT
03-07-2008, 06:06 PM
There have been quite a few radio commercials for Gold Peak lately.... the Sweet is the best seller. People are really starting to catch on to the brand, Coke has finally come out with a good premium tea

fusion
03-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Yes, there is an unsweetened version, it's just a little harder to find.

There are:

Sweet w/ Lemon
Sweet
Unsweet
Green
Diet

fusion
03-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Hopefully we'll see some more flavors - I'd like to see an extra sweet/southern style.

the saint
03-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Great Plains Coke has all but dc'd Gold Peak here. I believe there were only 3 flavors that were carried.

lordmadone
03-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Gold peak collects dust on the shelf everywhere I go. I tasted it..and not very good. I am a huge sweet tea(no lemon) fan myself and I have always loved how the glass bottle liptons continued to keep their "Extra sweet no lemon" variety when we got the pure leaf..although it doesn't taste AS good as before the pure leaf it is pretty damn good and now its all natural as opposed to before.. I always buy at least two cases on my employee sales every chance I get..cold extra sweet pure leaf in a glass bottle is a great addition to any meal. Haha look at me sounding like a salesmen :P.

The closest to this I got was the Sweet Tea by arizona in the tall cans...and stubby 32 oz(I think that big) plastic bottles but it tastes a bit artificial..and not nearly as good.

BhamCokeman
03-08-2008, 07:33 PM
At first I was not a Gold Peak believer. I was to the point of, havent we been down this road before? Now I am a believer though. This is from the land of sweet tea.LOL Gold Peak does NOT collect dust on its bottles down here(it's Sobe by the way) and it's actually selling great. We work it in with our Fuze products and run promotions on it(2/3 in C stores right now). Most places we have two shelfs of Fuze, and on the bottom shelf we'll go with all the Gold Peak, and the Fuze flavor of Green Tea(and there is a Black Grean tean coming out next month by the way) It sales now, and it did take a while to catch on, but when it did, it took off. If you are from the south you will know what I am talking about here, but I have had customers dumped Milos for Gold Peak. They like it more, and that's saying alot.

amyers
03-08-2008, 08:30 PM
At first I was not a Gold Peak believer. I was to the point of, havent we been down this road before? Now I am a believer though. This is from the land of sweet tea.LOL Gold Peak does NOT collect dust on its bottles down here(it's Sobe by the way) and it's actually selling great. We work it in with our Fuze products and run promotions on it(2/3 in C stores right now). Most places we have two shelfs of Fuze, and on the bottom shelf we'll go with all the Gold Peak, and the Fuze flavor of Green Tea(and there is a Black Grean tean coming out next month by the way) It sales now, and it did take a while to catch on, but when it did, it took off. If you are from the south you will know what I am talking about here, but I have had customers dumped Milos for Gold Peak. They like it more, and that's saying alot.

Milo is REALLY sweet tea, I haven't compared them though.

yogateacat
03-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Milo is decent but a little TOO sweet for my taste. Gold Peak has a bit more of the actual TEA flavor and has a smoother taste, which is what I really like.