PDA

View Full Version : Dr. P - Snapple Group Expectations.

TACBOT
03-07-2008, 06:24 PM
With, perhaps, a re-emphasis on beverages with the restructuring of Cadbury Schweppes, (CSAB and DPSU), does anyone have an insight on whether we may see a return of the M.I.A. RC brands including its Cherry Cola, the resurrection of Mistic, and a genuine effort to contract with independent bottlers and distributors to improve product availability?

Swifty
03-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Personally, I'm waiting on a resurrection of Dr. Nehi. But with it under the same umbrella as Dr Pepper, it's unlikely.

As for the return of the RC flavors, I think it depends on whether or not there's a market. Cherry extensions seem to be fairly popular right now, so perhaps.

But, the cynical side of me is telling me not to count on it.

DrPepperYummy
03-07-2008, 09:55 PM
With, perhaps, a re-emphasis on beverages with the restructuring of Cadbury Schweppes, (CSAB and DPSU), does anyone have an insight on whether we may see a return of the M.I.A. RC brands including its Cherry Cola, the resurrection of Mistic, and a genuine effort to contract with independent bottlers and distributors to improve product availability?

Well I guess it depends where you are... I see mistic all over my area, along with rc/rite products... (black cherry, tangerine, white grape, cherry cola rite, raspberry, diet rc even)

I think they need to continue buying up bottlers and forming a national power for distributing and streamline management to get products to market quicker and less expensive, we saw them trying to do that before the whole spinoff/buyout delay... (I think it was a florida distributor they bought up) so I think that is putting the brakes on them doing much of anything they'd like to as a company until they are bought/spunoff...

It's a pain dealing with regional or national chains when you have to deal with dozens upon dozens of independant bottlers to get authorizations and warehouse space to carry an item since many chains won't let you carry it in certain areas only if you can't cover their entire chain... and smaller bottlers simply won't have the room for every sku...

AABCjoe
03-08-2008, 09:03 AM
In a word, no. I work for Cadbury Schweppes and there is nothing on the radar for RC or Mistic. I LOVE RC Cherry and wish they'd bring that back but...nope. Haven't heard anything.

There are a LOT of new products coming out, however...

CitrusCola
03-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Cadbury Schweppes expected to delay US soft drinks spin-off - Business News, Business - Independent.co.uk (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/cadbury-schweppes-expected-to-delay-us-soft-drinks-spinoff-793240.html)