PDA

View Full Version : New Stuff from CSBG

AABCjoe
03-08-2008, 09:04 AM
Hello all-

I work for Cadbury Schweppes Bottling Group. Wanna let everyone know what to look out for in the coming months. Well...at least in the Wisconsin/Minnesota/Iowa/Illinois area.

Canada Dry Ginger Ale Green Tea. 2L, 12pk, 20oz. It's a surprisingly tasty, light, sparkling green tea with just a hint of ginger ale flavor. It was addictive when I opened the bottle. If it's ice cold, it mutes the green tea flavor...it's better "cellar cool". Beautiful pastel green packaging. We're getting it into stores this week. Watch for promos on 20oz and 2L packages.

VENOM energy drink. Twist top Aluminum bottle/can thing. Absolutly fabulous graphics...it BEGS you to pull it off the shelf and try it. It's a citrus carbonated thing...not sure if this is what the final product will be/look like. Probably released in the next couple months.

Squirt Citrus Energy. We have no information on this at all. Just know it's coming.

We're abandoning the Welch's brand of Juices in favor of Cadbury owned Motts juices...be looking for Apple, grape, Fruit Punch, and Vegetable medly in your stores soon...as well as Sunkist branded Orange Juice.

Cadbury owns Stewarts gourmet soda company and we've aquired distribution rights in many areas. Look for Black Cherry, Orange 'N cream, diet Orange 'N cream, Root Beer, Diet Root Beer, and Cream Soda in your county.

A lot of package changes lately. We're picking up Big Red in 8oz six packs, A&W Cream Soda in 2L and .5L six packs, Canada Dry Ginger Ale in 20oz, Diet Ginger ale in 2L and the afore mentioned Green Tea version.

lordmadone
03-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Cool..might try that ginger ale green tea out..but other then 1 walmart I have been to in my area there is literally no 20ozs at least in big chains..now C stores is a different thing..hope I can see it in there.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Hello all-

I work for Cadbury Schweppes Bottling Group. Wanna let everyone know what to look out for in the coming months. Well...at least in the Wisconsin/Minnesota/Iowa/Illinois area.

Canada Dry Ginger Ale Green Tea. 2L, 12pk, 20oz. It's a surprisingly tasty, light, sparkling green tea with just a hint of ginger ale flavor. It was addictive when I opened the bottle. If it's ice cold, it mutes the green tea flavor...it's better "cellar cool". Beautiful pastel green packaging. We're getting it into stores this week. Watch for promos on 20oz and 2L packages.

VENOM energy drink. Twist top Aluminum bottle/can thing. Absolutly fabulous graphics...it BEGS you to pull it off the shelf and try it. It's a citrus carbonated thing...not sure if this is what the final product will be/look like. Probably released in the next couple months.

Squirt Citrus Energy. We have no information on this at all. Just know it's coming.

We're abandoning the Welch's brand of Juices in favor of Cadbury owned Motts juices...be looking for Apple, grape, Fruit Punch, and Vegetable medly in your stores soon...as well as Sunkist branded Orange Juice.

Cadbury owns Stewarts gourmet soda company and we've aquired distribution rights in many areas. Look for Black Cherry, Orange 'N cream, diet Orange 'N cream, Root Beer, Diet Root Beer, and Cream Soda in your county.

A lot of package changes lately. We're picking up Big Red in 8oz six packs, A&W Cream Soda in 2L and .5L six packs, Canada Dry Ginger Ale in 20oz, Diet Ginger ale in 2L and the afore mentioned Green Tea version.
Nice, where in wisconsin are you located? Its nice to have someone on the inside locally, lol.

AABCjoe
03-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Tomah. Not officially on the "inside" but I am a salesman. At least I can hear about a few things coming down the pike.

Cadbury is actually investing in our warehouse...we got 3 new trucks last year, replacing models purchased in the early 90's. They're streamlining management, moving payroll to the central office in Plano, Tx. Instead of focusing on distribution of independent brands, they're building brands they already own (got burned BAD by Vitamin Water). I'd watch for new things coming from CSBG...

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Ah i see. Still nice though, lol

TACBOT
03-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Thank you for the information on potential happenings within Cadbury/DPSG.
A new Canada Dry product -green tea is mentioned. Any word on Canada Dry's CRANBERRY Ginger Ale which was so popular, especially for the holidays? Also, CSAB had quite an internet store featuring promotional material for most of its brands. Has a new ad agency been hired that may re-open the "store" ?

It is evident that CSAB depended upon (and still does) a large number of independent bottlers/canners and distributors. I've always rooted for the independent operators, but DPSG now has to work on a better network of distribution. As I indicated in my first email, the Northwest is forgotten territory despite several very large cities and a growing population. Several responses mentioned products that we haven't seen in years. And if you just happen to buy RC in Portland, OR or in Seattle, WA it comes from San Francisco!

Again, thank you for the information provided.

fusion
03-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Plenty of cranberry CD around here, year round.

the saint
03-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Plenty of cranberry CD around here, year round.

Just because you crazy people drink ginger ale year round! :D even without having to have something mixed with it. :D :D

greg
03-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Just because you crazy people drink ginger ale year round! :D even without having to have something mixed with it. :D :D

WHAT A SECOND......are you telling me that people drink ginger ale all by itself???????????
What the????????

the saint
03-12-2008, 01:42 PM
It's true, I have seen it first hand. Amazing isn't it? The people weren't even sick or old timers either.

mjb1124
03-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Once every couple months I'll get a craving for it. This green tea ginger ale stuff sounds really good.

dp7uplake
03-13-2008, 04:48 PM
I just tried the Canada Dry Ginger Ale Green Tea and I'm not a Canada Dry or a Green Tea drinker but it was good. I'm not going to be buying it on a regular basics but not to bad.

AABCjoe
03-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Thank you for the information on potential happenings within Cadbury/DPSG.
A new Canada Dry product -green tea is mentioned. Any word on Canada Dry's CRANBERRY Ginger Ale which was so popular, especially for the holidays? Also, CSAB had quite an internet store featuring promotional material for most of its brands. Has a new ad agency been hired that may re-open the "store" ?

It is evident that CSAB depended upon (and still does) a large number of independent bottlers/canners and distributors. I've always rooted for the independent operators, but DPSG now has to work on a better network of distribution. As I indicated in my first email, the Northwest is forgotten territory despite several very large cities and a growing population. Several responses mentioned products that we haven't seen in years. And if you just happen to buy RC in Portland, OR or in Seattle, WA it comes from San Francisco!

Again, thank you for the information provided.

It's up to the local warehouse manager on wether or not they carry a certain flavor or package. I didn't know a thing about Cranberry Ginger Ale until I visited a friend after the holidays. So, if you lived in Central Wisconsin, you'd never have seen it in the stores.

Yea...need to work on distribution. Right now, we only distribute to 230million of the 300+million in the US. But...trying to pry your way into accounts that have established Pepsi and Coke drinkers is HARD.

lordmadone
03-14-2008, 06:36 PM
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4548/03140813021ji0.th.jpg (http://img215.imageshack.us/my.php?image=03140813021ji0.jpg)

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1084/03140813041oj0.th.jpg (http://img215.imageshack.us/my.php?image=03140813041oj0.jpg)

Got it over here in a few stores..looks tasty..