PDA

View Full Version : what do you think the next flavored dr.pepper will be?

doulasc
03-16-2008, 12:32 PM
They never made a non-diet cherry chocolate. Did Berries and Cream get discontinued
because it was a limited time only or was it low sales.
Is Cherry Vanilla going to be around much longer? Next flavored could be
a lot of things.

Doug

fusion
03-16-2008, 05:25 PM
I think cherry vanilla did a lot better than expected, so that's why it stuck around. Berries and creme, not so well. So I think they didn't put a lot of expectations behind chocolate cherry.

I don't think a lot of the standard flavors mix too well with Dr Pepper, so I really can't think of a flavor off-hand that would go well with Dr Pepper.

Coffee and orange creme are two off the top of my head.

Tech_Guy
03-16-2008, 07:28 PM
A nice plain Vanilla Dr Pepper would be a nice addition. This has been something that one has been able to get at Sonics since the mid-1990s. Sheetz convenience stores used to have Vanilla and Cherry fountain syrups and you could make your own flavored Dr Pepper among other things. (BTW, Vanilla Mountain Dew is good!)

I wish more places would have fountain syrups as an offering. I think the Steak & Shake chain does this (in which case, I MUST try a Vanilla Pibb Xtra from there).

Other possibilities I could see are caramel, caramel creme (caramel vanilla), or even cinnamon spice. Then again, could you get those flavors at a soda fountain?

lordmadone
03-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Berries and creme is pretty much gone..all the ones I order have like a month before they go out and diet chocolate cherry dr.pep was limited edition anyway..all the 2 liters I order now have an expiration date of April..

doulasc
03-16-2008, 10:10 PM
I don't know about cherry vanilla DP,Only diet CVDP is available in Columbus Ohio for now,I can
no longer find regular CVDP.I ordered a 12 pack from dr.soda and the expiration date was 3 weeks
away. Why do so many sodas come and go?

Doug