PDA

View Full Version : Aquafina ALIVE

liquidlunch
03-17-2008, 03:17 PM
I get a bit overwhelmed by all the flavored waters on the market, but I'm a fan of normal Aquafina water and noticed they have a new product line called Aquafina ALIVE. There's a Berry Pomegranate one with Vitamins E and C (haha, no more Flinstones vitamins after dinner) and a caffeinated one in Orange Lime. They both look tasty, and I'm impressed with all the funky, healthy perks they have.

amyers
03-17-2008, 06:55 PM
I tasted this a few weeks ago, I didn't really like it.

fusion
03-17-2008, 09:54 PM
They aren't new, they just changed the packaging.

liquidlunch
03-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Hey, fusion! It's actually more than just the packaging, as explained in Aquafina's press release here.

bizjournals: PRnewswire Releases (http://www.bizjournals.com/prnewswire/press_releases/New_York/2008/03/10/NYM097)

Each flavor has its own function, and all the new flavors are calorie-free except one. The Peach Mango flavor with fiber. Since there's no such thing as calorie-free fiber, they couldn't completely rid the cals there, but it's only 10 cals. And those are good cals! (Fiber, people!) As a fiber buff I think this is Aquafina Alive's most interesting flavor, and I am actually sipping one now. Can't even taste the fiber in here whatsoever. Anyone else impressed? I'm also pretty smitten with the caffeinated flavor.

lordmadone
03-18-2008, 11:23 AM
A new lemon flavor will be coming out in a month or three. Tried it and it is tasty but not something I would have that often..

liquidlunch
03-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Ooh, I haven't tried the lemon one yet. Reading up on it now. It's the Aquafina Alive Hydrate flavor, full of electrolytes and sodium. Seems like a good nutrients-replenisher after the gym. What do you guys drink after you work out?

liquidlunch
03-18-2008, 05:42 PM
As in, good sodium. The kind your body craves after exercising. Not MSG sodium or anything! Just wanted to clarify.

lordmadone
03-18-2008, 07:51 PM
I didn't try the lemon..I mean to say tried AA alive's current flavors..the berry pomegranate and peach mango and orange with lime ones..they are also coming out with a strictly orange one but it will be in just six pack.

liquidlunch
03-19-2008, 02:01 PM
I haven't heard of Aquafina's all-orange one yet, but wonder what other health perks they could add to this one. They have vitamins, caffeine and fiber covered. Maybe superhuman strength?

lordmadone
03-19-2008, 07:37 PM
haha who knows will post up pics when I see it...

PepsiBlue
03-20-2008, 01:48 AM
I reallylike the berry promegranate, ever since they put it in the vendin machine by the bus stop at the mall I work at, I havent had one in the new label yet, such a drastic change, but I did sometimes confuse the alvie label and the other ones like flavorsplash.
Interestingly tho I noticed that the alive flavors are now back in the generic pepsi swirl 20oz bottle, before the label change it was different (Same basic shape tho)
Also I avent tried peach mango yet, im sure ill like it.

liquidlunch
03-20-2008, 06:35 PM
I just tried the Berry Pomegranate this week, and love the cal-free part. Yeah, I noticed the bottle was the same basic shape too but they look more zazzed-up and exciting. For example, the Peach Mango flavor has a shiny copper label. Pretty spiffy!

liquidlunch
03-27-2008, 04:32 PM

Here's a shot of one flavor: Orange Lime "Energize."

francoenergy99
03-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Why put caffine in water?Okay everyone let's not drink water let's drink caffine water. Dude what's in the water foutain caffine water sweet lol. Are they serouis this totally destroy's waters image. Caffine and water reallly doesn't mix bad bad idea. I'll stick with my go fast lite, monster lo-carb and non-caffinated waters.

liquidlunch
04-01-2008, 09:39 AM
I definitely see your point, francoenergy99. It's a bit counter-intuitive to have caffeine in water but think of how much better it is for your teeth, and for some water haters (personally I love water) it's a good way to make the daily 8 glasses quota. Aquafina is definitely being experimental, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

Any other thoughts on caffeinated water?

francoenergy99
04-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Good for you're teeth dude you brush them. I brush, floss and rinse every night and mines are shining and I drink like an energy drink a day. Energy drinks I can see it gives coffee a run for it's money, but I really don't catch the veiw on caffinated water, I dounno it kinda messes up waters image at least throw some b-vitamins in there, not caffine.

liquidlunch
04-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Woo, clean teeth! Nice, franco.

Funny you should say that about the vitamins plus caffeine feature. The Aquafina Alive "Energize" (caffeinated one) actually does have Vitamin B.

Pretty soon they're gonna have food in water form! Actually, I did see a funny link to this effect.
Neatorama Blog Archive Meatwater (http://www.neatorama.com/2008/04/01/meatwater/)