PDA

View Full Version : Ok you guys are smart...answer me this...

meetingpeopleiseasy
03-20-2008, 12:50 PM
what do we have to do, to get Pepsi to bring back Crystal Pepsi? The time is now!! I'm totally serious about this, I loved Crystal Pepsi.

fusion
03-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Nothing. Get over it and move on with your life.

I'm totally serious about this, too.

meetingpeopleiseasy
03-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Nothing. Get over it and move on with your life.

I'm totally serious about this, too.
You sir, take soda way too seriously.

mjb1124
03-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Sounds like you're the one who's taking things a little too seriously.

And no, there's not much that can be done to bring Crystal Pepsi back. I'd wouldn't say "never", but let's face it, it's long gone and it's not likely to come back just because of a small cult following. I could see it working as a limited edition release but I wouldn't bet on it.

Tech_Guy
03-20-2008, 10:49 PM
The only way I could ever see it coming back is as a cola flavor to their Aquafina Sparkling line. And even then, most people would look at Cola flavored water (albeit sparkling) with confused looks.

There are a lot of soda pops I would love to see come back even temporarily, but usually when they go away that means it didn't sell enough. And if it didn't sell enough, I cannot see any incentives for a company to bring it back. Pepsi, I have noticed, doesn't seem to be one for "regional" beverages, so I am not even holding my breath for Crystal Pepsi to come back as a regional thing. You could always write the company and your local bottler and let them respond to you.

greg
03-21-2008, 08:34 AM
You ask for an answer from the "smarter" guys on the board and Fusion, being one of them, answers you and you dog his answer.

He is exactly right, Get over it, Kind of like we all had to get over our first girlfriend, or first dog. Just like our first girlfriend, if Crystal Pepsi was good enough( her being Crystal pepsi) she would still be around( or vice versa) but no, it didn't work out. Pepsi had to drop Crystal because it was underperforming( again, sometimes what we do with a first, 2nd ,,or our last girlfriend.......get it, underperforming) but I digress.
It is the nature of the business to have sodas "rotate" in and out.

Furthermore, what in the hell possessed you to say something now almost a decade after it was pulled?

Mr Zabe
03-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Ditto and so true.

rollntider
03-21-2008, 02:29 PM
i would rather see the coke and pepsi folks do something cool like use real sugar for a change, instead of gimmicks like crystal pepsi, lime coke, etc... why not just use good ole sugar, and i will buy your drinks. So far i have found a place to get RC cola with sugar. I purchase it. Try those. It might help.

Good luck with the crystal pepsi though.

Mr Zabe
03-21-2008, 02:52 PM
LOL
LMAO
ROTFL

IMHO...This board has been crying out to the Big Three Soda Pop Gods
to market cane sugar soda pops. Cane sugar requests have been our Mantra. LOL

taestell
03-21-2008, 03:29 PM
I know that one of the big "all natural" grocery stores (I believe it was Wild Oats (http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/)) sells store brand soft drinks that are made with cane sugar (no HFCS) and do not contain any artificial colors. So, if you want clear cola, just go buy that.

b0mbtrac
03-21-2008, 10:13 PM
the answer is easy, just hold a gun up to the pepsi co president and demand crystal, or pretend you have some illness and get the "make a wish" foundation to bring it back as your wish. (while you at it get them to bring back pitch black or mdx)

lordmadone
03-21-2008, 10:43 PM
In time in will come back...it just wasn't the right time for it. They bring back products ALL the time and just relabel them and keep almost the same forumlation but just market it better and differently and then SUCCESS!

ilikesoda
03-22-2008, 10:56 PM
a far as the crystal pepsi- it actually did come back once if you all remember. about 2 years ago in mexico as pepsi clear. I believe ramon posted some pics. I would look but I have a thing against re-animating 2 year old posts. :) im sure there are people on this board that appreciate that.

as for the cane sugar colas. ha! we honestly have a better chance of convincing the whole world to become jewish and then convincing them to celebrate passover year round, thus forcing the big 3 to switch permanently to sugar. hmm, maybe thats not a bad idea, i think it would really be easier than letter campaigns to coke, pepsi, and rc!! whadya guys think?

Mr Zabe
03-23-2008, 12:42 AM
LOL
If that is the game plan then the world needs more
Rabbis and Mohels (does religious circumcision). LOLOL

rollntider
03-23-2008, 09:53 PM
actually if the corn prices go up from the fuel prices, it might be cheaper to use sugar.

Mr Zabe
03-23-2008, 10:21 PM
All things being equal, it's still costly to transport and process
raw cane sugar.

ilikesoda
03-23-2008, 11:01 PM
the thing about the cane sugar that makes my blood boil is that if its truly about cost then let us make the decision on if its worthwhile, not them. for example. gas costs a fortune, but there are still people who buy 93 octane. im sure that the amount of people who bought the 93 who dont own sports cars has decreased and they now use 87. but the gas companies still produce and sell 93. its our choice if we want to buy it or not. well the big 3 should produce the cane sugar soft drinks and let us decide if we will pay a higher premium for them. i know i would and i know that just about everyone else on this board would too.

greg
03-24-2008, 07:25 AM
the thing about the cane sugar that makes my blood boil is that if its truly about cost then let us make the decision on if its worthwhile, not them. for example. gas costs a fortune, but there are still people who buy 93 octane. im sure that the amount of people who bought the 93 who dont own sports cars has decreased and they now use 87. but the gas companies still produce and sell 93. its our choice if we want to buy it or not. well the big 3 should produce the cane sugar soft drinks and let us decide if we will pay a higher premium for them. i know i would and i know that just about everyone else on this board would too.

Intersting thought. But, there is a cost equation theory going on here. As brought up in another thread about Starbucks by Mr. Zabe (the Inelastic Curve) the elastic curve model is in play. Most folks have a set point they will pay for a soda. It has basically become a commodity. Even if you offer the sugar cane version at a higher price how many people will buy it? Will numbers dictate that the raw cane version is worth the price in the long run?..........Ok all you guys that love raw sugar cane in your sodas this is not where you tell me that it is worth the cost, I know you think it is, but will the general buying public.
The cost associated with raw sugar cane, as brought forth my Mr. Zabe is just one such variable in price controls. The "changeover" to make special batches, albeit large ones, would probably not be cost efficient to maintain the special version, moreover, what about the marketing, packaging, etc that goes into it?

I know Coke and Pepsi do it during Passover but that is a one run and done proposal. It is not a continuous back and forth on the supply line.

taestell
03-24-2008, 07:59 PM
The only thing like this that I could imagine is Coke or Pepsi creating a special limited edition "all natural" product that would be sold in specialty stores. For example, some all-natural grocery stores do not sell anything with HCFS. I could possibly see Coke or Pepsi creating a cane sugar product only available at these locations. Unless cane sugar becomes cheaper than corn syrup, of course.

ilikesoda
03-24-2008, 09:42 PM
does anyone have any info on the jone's company and their profit/cost margins before and after offering the cane sugar version of their sodas?
I think that if a smaller company like jones could do it then why cant the big 3?