PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Co's Indra Nooyi

liquidlunch
03-25-2008, 04:43 PM
I know we usually talk about liquids, not so much the people behind them, but thought it was worth mentioning that PepsiCo's CEO Indra Nooyi is an all-star role model for many female entrepreneurs and Indian-Americans alike.

She's constantly referenced in Forbes as the go-getting businesswoman concerned with humanitarian issues beyond just canned soda, and after watching this YouTube clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbTPgIJAFHI) of her at DAVOS World Economic Forum last month, it really got me thinking about beverage industry leaders going above and beyond. Nooyi definitely fits that bill.

greg
03-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Why can't she be an all star model in general to all CEO's? She has done a great job at Pepsico.
Why must she be catagorized like some of her products? She deserves the respect of being looked at as a CEO, not an Indian-American female CEO.

b0mbtrac
03-25-2008, 10:50 PM
I heard the president of pepsi is a dick.

Mr Zabe
03-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Why can't she be an all star model in general to all CEO's? She has done a great job at Pepsico.
Why must she be catagorized like some of her products? She deserves the respect of being looked at as a CEO, not an Indian-American female CEO. Well said. A person who does a good job, is a good person who does a good job. Get my drift.

liquidlunch
03-26-2008, 10:06 AM
Totally agreed, Mr Zabe and Dave. She's a role model in general, especially for the CEO world. I always see her written up in Forbes, CNN Money and Time, and the more I read about her, the more impressed I am. She's got a great vision for the Pepsi franchise, wouldn't you agree?

liquidlunch
04-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Really, b0mbtrac? I've always heard great things about her as an inspirational mentor, and she's after watching her speak at DAVOS, she seems pretty brilliant in a genuine way. Did you know someone who worked for the Pepsi corp?