PDA

View Full Version : C-store pricing on 20 oz CSD/H2O/ISOTONICS

popshopnicole
03-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Does anyone know where I can find information on average c-store market pricing on popular non-alcoholic beverages? :confused:

Basically looking for 20 oz csd, water and isotonics every day suggested pricing.

Not looking to 'buy' a market report and couldn't find much by way of 'googling'.

Thanks! :)

*I obviously understand I can walk into a c-store and get pricing information. If anyone knows of any REPORTS from an accredited source ex. IRI/Nielsen THAT is what I am looking for.

greg
03-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Here is an off the wall idea......how about getting off your a$$ and going to the C-store to get pricing. Doesn't that seem a viable alternative, as well as effecient and effective of getting the information you need?

Seriously, real world experience and when you footnote it in your report it is just as simple as " 7-11, 123 Mainstreet, Anywhere, USA. 01234." Plus your teacher may be impressed that you made the effort.

popshopnicole
03-28-2008, 04:02 PM
WOW - It's been a long time since I've been a student, I would normally take that as a compliment. I am a business professional for a major player in the beverage industry. I normally do not call on retail accounts and was looking for information from a credited source.

I thought this forum was for people in the beverage industry trying to share inofrmationwith each other, not insulting someone you don't even know. I would expect more maturity out of someone that is 40+ years old.

Mr Zabe
03-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Great advise.
Doing some good old leg work (visiting C-Stores),
is the best way to really get good information.
I would visit different areas to get a range of prices.
I would also chat with the store manager and
ask him/her a few questions.

Mr Zabe
03-28-2008, 04:11 PM
WOW - It's been a long time since I've been a student, I would normally take that as a compliment. I am a business professional for a major player in the beverage industry. I normally do not call on retail accounts and was looking for information from a credited source.

I thought this forum was for people in the beverage industry trying to share inofrmationwith each other, not insulting someone you don't even know. I would expect more maturity out of someone that is 40+ years old.
Welcome to the board. I was not in the lest insulted by Greg's post. It makes sence. These board members are from all walks of life. Industry professionals, business owners, hobbyist, soda pop freaks like myself and on and on. Actually this board is a big melting pot. However, usually students seek a quick answer; as a rule we encourage them do their own research if possible.

Greg is one of the most knowlegable board members. He is well respected and valued.

NRGSLLR@
03-28-2008, 04:51 PM
IRI info usually lists average retail pricing. Along with market penetration, total dollars and total units sold. Most Major Beverage Companies have access to this information. I can give you a quick run down, although retail pricing varies greatly by geography. But here we go
20 CSD $.99-$1.49
16oz Water $.89-$1.99
16oz juice$1.49-$1.89
16oz Tea $1.49-$1.89

the saint
03-29-2008, 08:45 AM
EDIT.....never mind....

welcome to the board, I hope you find what you were looking for.

greg
03-29-2008, 09:00 AM

With all do respect, I gave you exactly what you asked for. You asked for information( then edited your post after my reponse).
If you are a seasoned veteran of a major player have your guys in the field do the work for you, thats how we did it at PBG.

Do you really think my suggestion is that invalid? What better "credited source" is there than to be standing in the aisle of a c-store and looking at the price points?

I'm sorry if you feel insulted, however, That was not my intent. Telling someone to get off their a$$ and go do footwork is not an insult, sure it could have been said a little more diplomatically but then again this is the beverage business. Plain , simple, and to the point is what is understood.

I also just noticed that your reason for your edit was because you thought the "replies you recieved were not relevant." They are relevant. If you want accurate information you need to get your information from the frontline. By the time you get your information from a report it will be obsolete. The raw data was collected months ago and does not take into account one of the major driving forces in price structure in the beverage industry: transportation cost. Diesel in some parts of the country is now over $4 per gallon. A lot of 20oz sodas are still priced at the same level as when diesel was in the $1.10-$1.25 range. How much margin is the company going to eat before they raise prices?

greg
03-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Welcome to the board. I was not in the lest insulted by Greg's post. It makes sence. These board members are from all walks of life. Industry professionals, business owners, hobbyist, soda pop freaks like myself and on and on. Actually this board is a big melting pot. However, usually students seek a quick answer; as a rule we encourage them do their own research if possible.

Greg is one of the most knowlegable board members. He is well respected and valued.

Thanks, your check is inthe mail!

lordmadone
03-29-2008, 02:58 PM
bah IMHO it was a bit harsh..especially for a new person on the board..if someone came like that to me on my first venture here I probably wouldn't have stayed. Even though I respect a lot of what you say Greg you did come off a little bit like a jerk..no matter how correct you could be.

BhamCokeman
03-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Some people on this board take their stuff way to serious. I mean come on, someone come on, asked for a little help and they got blasted(whether they intended to or not). I love my job, I love talking about it(and trust me my wife gets tired of hearing it), but guys, it's not rocket science or anything. It's all about hard work and numbers, and if you can handle both of those, you got it. I'll be more than willing to help with some pricing.

20 oz CSD- 99 Cents(EDLP line) - 1.29
20 oz Water- 99 cents in contract stores right now
1 liter Water- 1.19 in contract stores right now
Minute Maid Juice- 1.49
Vitamin Water- 1.39
20 oz Pade- 1.19 Contract stores
32 oz Pade- 1.29 contract stores

Anything else that is helpful, please feel free to ask.

greg
03-30-2008, 02:16 AM
bah IMHO it was a bit harsh..especially for a new person on the board..if someone came like that to me on my first venture here I probably wouldn't have stayed. Even though I respect a lot of what you say Greg you did come off a little bit like a jerk..no matter how correct you could be.

I admit it could have been said a bit more diplomatically, but the subject matter is still valid. I guess I was having one of my moments.

greg
03-30-2008, 02:22 AM
To popshopnicole:
I apologize for my brash sarcastic bent comment about "getting off your a$$".

As most know on this board I like to help and give information freely because as you said, this is a board where people are trying get information.
So, you came to the right place. Next time I will be a better purveyor of advice.

g