PDA

View Full Version : Caffeinated Water?

liquidlunch
04-02-2008, 06:09 PM
I started a thread about Aquafina Alive's new flavors recently, but thought their caffeinated flavor was worth singling out on the Energy Drinks board.

It's called Energize, and it's no cals in an Orange Lime flavor. Crazy because it has as much caffeine as an average cup of coffee.

What do we think of caffeinated water? Is Aquafina Alive tapping into something golden?

greg
04-03-2008, 09:36 AM
There is WATER JOE out there and I have seen in a lot of places, mostly grocery stores. I can't recall seeing it in a c-store.
I have often wondered why it hasn' taken off like other ED drinks or Vitamin Enhanced waters.
I say that then I remember I bought a bottle once and didn't really feel anything from it.
Perhaps people want just water and then they want a tasty ED.
I have no clue.

Nick Laugher
04-03-2008, 10:22 AM
I love Water Joe!
I usually make my morning coffee with it for that extra charge of caffeine haha,

liquidlunch
04-03-2008, 11:30 AM
This is the first I've heard of Water Joe. Where is it sold? Love how it was created by college kids probably procrastinating on their business plan instead of writing papers.

Does it taste like anything? I like the caffeinated element, but the Aquafina Alive also has some Vitamin-B in there too. C'mon, let's see how much we can jam into one bottle of agua!

francoenergy99
04-03-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm more of a dasani guy though and it still sounds silly I mean caffine and water this can't taste good.

liquidlunch
04-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Luckily this one is flavored so it's got a zingy citrus flavor. It must mask whatever caffeine tastes like!

francoenergy99
04-03-2008, 11:19 PM
I wish dasani made one

Nick Laugher
04-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Waterjoe is caffeinated by a process that leaves no caffeine taste. It tastes just like good old H20.

scum1
04-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Krank2o has 100 mg of caffeine in it. I have not tried it though. I'm trying to get some to review but have had no luck so far.

iPwnd
04-04-2008, 09:06 PM
caffenated water is pretty popular in europe. I haven't seen most of what you guys are talking about, but i know that Bigby's sells "espresso water" which has caffeine in it

liquidlunch
04-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Why dasani, francoenergy99? Think it tastes much different from Aquafina? I wonder if it matters much once the flavoring is added.

francoenergy99
04-07-2008, 11:05 PM
dasani's more crisp

liquidlunch
04-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Crisp like an apple? Hah. I think Aquafina is refreshing like a watermelon.

francoenergy99
04-08-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm actaully drinking Aquafina now cause a Dasani Machine wouldn't take my money damnit, it's crisp, but dasani is more crisp, but dasani has soduim tsk tsk (shakes his head)soduim in water whyyy????:confused:

NRGSLLR@
04-09-2008, 04:55 PM
There is WATER JOE out there and I have seen in a lot of places, mostly grocery stores. I can't recall seeing it in a c-store.
I have often wondered why it hasn' taken off like other ED drinks or Vitamin Enhanced waters.
I say that then I remember I bought a bottle once and didn't really feel anything from it.
Perhaps people want just water and then they want a tasty ED.
I have no clue.

Greg, you disappointed me, I thought with your expertise in the functionality of vitamins and herbs you woudl recognize that caffeinated water is truly a contradiction in function. On one hand hydration, on the other a diuretic. :-) Why by a beverage that has no benefit?

scum1
04-09-2008, 06:22 PM
I guess drinking your caffeine with water is still better than drinking it with HFC and other things. So the function is get your caffeine without any added ingredients or calories. The other function is getting your energy.

Greg, you disappointed me, I thought with your expertise in the functionality of vitamins and herbs you woudl recognize that caffeinated water is truly a contradiction in function. On one hand hydration, on the other a diuretic. :-) Why by a beverage that has no benefit?