PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's Picks A Soda Fight

Mr Zabe
04-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Good news for us soda pop freaks. LOL :)

McDonald's picks a soda fight (http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?id=28972&seenIt=1)

Pixel
04-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Hate to say this but "DUH!!!!"
Why did it take so long for someone in the fast food industry to notice the long lines at the fountains and the cashier counters of convenience stores? It ain't because we like to wait on slobs buying lottery tickets and cigarettes just so we can have our soda "fix" for the day.
And while you're at it McD's (if anyone's listening), how about expanding your soda offerings? Ever heard of COKE ZERO, one of the fastest growing bevs in the world! Cut your prices, offer CZ, I'm there EVERY day and I'm probably buying something else as well!

lordmadone
04-14-2008, 06:01 PM
They started doing test marketing over here at mcdonalds and I heard from small format guys it is doing "ok" but the bottled drinks are like 1.89 but they offer pepsi products like mt dew and code red and gatorade 20 oz and red bull..so its giving a good variety for consumers..although its not that great of a bargain for Pepsi but slowly and surely we slide our way through the cracks and crevices ;-).

popologist
04-14-2008, 11:12 PM
mcdonald's should start offering McRib all year long and they should add a coney dog to the menu as well. i doubt cheaper soda will attract that many more customers (for as the article pointed out, i wouldn't want to wait in mcdonald's long line just for a soda).

Mr Zabe
04-14-2008, 11:27 PM
How about a cafeteria classic.....McSloppy Joe sandwich made with ground beef and Sloppy Joe sauce.
A good beer batter corn dog would be cool.
I would love to see McD's follow BK's lead and sell frozen Cokes.

meetingpeopleiseasy
04-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Every summer here for the last couple of years 44oz sodas have been 79-89cents.

Pixel
04-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Just noticed they're doing this promotion here in the mid-west so it must be a national thing, "Any fountain drink: $1"

Mr Zabe
04-23-2008, 03:21 PM
I have not seen this promotion yet.
I live in the north Chicago suburbs.

Popboy
04-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Do they offer refills for dine-in customers in the U.S.?

Mr Zabe
04-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Of course, self serve fountain drimnks are all you can drink. LOL
A long time ago McD's had a refill policy. You could ask for a refill
and the server would give you a refill. I'm not sure, what the current
policy is but I'm betting that if you ask for a refill they will give you one????

Popboy
04-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Of course, self serve fountain drimnks are all you can drink. LOL
A long time ago McD's had a refill policy. You could ask for a refill
and the server would give you a refill. I'm not sure, what the current
policy is but I'm betting that if you ask for a refill they will give you one????

Some McD's in my area only offer refills for the same drink only, so if your first initial drink was Sprite, you could only get a refill of the same, ridiculous as it seems...

Mr Zabe
05-23-2008, 02:51 PM
My local Mc Donald's now has the Large Soft Drinks for a Dollar
promotion. My question is for those in the know, has Mc Donald's
changed the large cup ice to soda pop ratio?

SPLASTiK
05-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Do they offer refills for dine-in customers in the U.S.?

Now that you mention it... When I lived in Canada I don't think I ever went to a McDonalds with a self serve fountain.

XO0XHALEY
06-07-2008, 07:44 PM
The only promotion going on at Mcdonalds where I live is the 32. oz sweet tea for $1, and the large fountain drinks are around $2