PDA

View Full Version : Need pepsi in a glass bottle

Two Dogz
04-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Does any one (other than Mexico) make Pepsi in glass bottles? I need it man!

:p

Android
04-19-2008, 05:54 PM
oops double posted instead of edited

Android
04-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Returnables? You're about 6 years too late for any bottled anywhere in the US. Davenport Iowa was the last large scale bottler and they quit at Thanksgiving 2001. Memphis Missouri continued for a year or two after that but stopped selling to the general public as their machinery started to wear out, then eventually quit bottling for their vending routes a couple of years later.

There's those little 10oz "deli" bottles which are produced by some bottlers scattered across the US. Usually sold individually in C-stores, delis and deli sections of groceries, but I was surprised last fall when the bottler here did a run of them in 6-packs but they are pricey - $4 to 5.50 per six -and are just plain bottles:

http://members.trainorders.com/android/Pepsi/Pepsi10ozGlassS.jpg

Then you could try Sam's Clubs in the Chicago metro area for these:

Sam's Club - PepsiĀ® - 24/10oz glass bottles (http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=373822)
http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/products/0001200001649_L4.jpg

Pepsiman
04-19-2008, 09:36 PM
We have 10 oz Pepsi glass in NYC too.

fusion
04-19-2008, 10:49 PM
First, you need to be more specific as to your location. There are people here from all around the country (and other countries as well), so if we knew where you are, maybe we could help point you in the right direction.

For example, when I was in northwestern TN a few years ago, I went through Dyersburg - the Pepsi bottler there sold a ton of 10oz glass bottles.

Two Dogz
04-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Sorry. I am in Oregon. I have heard that some of the Pepsi plants in Idaho still produce the 10oz glass bottles like those pictured in the previous post purchased at Sam's club. Any word on this?

Mr Zabe
04-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Just a thought.
Maybe Sam's Club can ship a few cases to a
Sam's Club by your parts. I'm not sure as I'm
too lazy to investigate this but I'm guessing
that Sam's Club has a special order "inter-store"
shipping program for little or no cost. I do know for a fact
that Sam's Club and Walmart have a state of the art
distribution system.

Good Luck...I feel your pain as
I am a big time lover of Pepsi.:)

Two Dogz
04-20-2008, 02:06 PM
SO I called Sams club with the product code number from the above link and they state that that number does not exist and that Pepsi is not sold in glass bottles by Sam's club.

:( :( :(

Some one help me.

Android
04-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Well, I heard that Lewiston Idaho bottler was one of the ones that kept bottling returnables longer than some of the other ones. What they do now I don't know. Admiral Beverages had a few bottlers in the WY/UT/ID/MT area years ago that did 16oz returables into the 90s but one by one they shut down and sent their dwindling stock of bottles to other locations. The last bottler in that group was in Sidney, MT, I was going there to buy it up until the end. I don't think their locations retained any of the bottling equipment for non-returnable bottle-cap bottles though. The only glass I've seen from them here are those "deli" bottles I mentioned above.

If no one answers about locations in the NW part of the country, you might just search the internet phone book for bottlers in your region and just call them. I've done that before when I heard a rumor of a bottler in Iowa that was still returnable bottling a couple of years ago, one that I think was a hoax because none of the bottlers I talked to knew anything about.

Instead of calling your local Sam's club, you could have just entered the store numer of your local store to check for availability online. That's how I know it is only available in the Chicago area as I stated above. Well, I tried them from all over the country and only the ones in Mr Zabe's (who first gave the tip about them here) area had them listed as available. Too bad other stores won't recognize that item number though, but I'm not too surprised, Pepsi and Coke often won't allow stores to sell outside their franchise regions. I remember the Sam's in Fort Collins, CO, where I used to live, used to have a sign saying "out of state sales limited to X amount of cases" - I can't remember how many cases it was, like 5 or 10.

I plan on going into Chicago sometime this spring to get some of those glass bottlecap bottles. But now that I've been drinking Pepsi One and Diet Pepsi for so many years now, regular Pepsi just doesn't taste as good to me as it used to, so it's not a driving urge for me to go. Had I learned of those in Chicago area a few years ago I'd have hit the road ASAP! But I bought some of those "deli" bottles when they appeared here last fall, and while they were OK, they weren't near as good as what I remembered glass Pepsi should taste like. Part of that might be because they use corn syrup, and the Pepsi I had been getting a lot of out of Davenport was made with real cane sugar.

-Andy

fusion
04-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Oregon is home to a few independent Pepsi bottlers.

Eugene Pepsi Moore/LeFevre
Klamath Falls / White City Pepsi Pastega
Mount Angel Mount Angel Beverage Company (I think also owned by Pastega?)

Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) also has a bottling plant in Portland. Of course, there are warehouses and distribution centers in other towns and cities in the state.

I can't find any websites for those smaller bottlers.

fusion
04-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Deli glass bottles, in general, are a niche product. You're not going to find them in every store. Sometimes you have to go looking for stuff like that - or maybe the Pepsi warehouses in your area don't even stock them.

Sometimes you'll find them in the mixers section with the glass bottles of tonic, club soda, ginger ale, stuff like that. Sometimes some c-stores will sell them as singles.

The first place I would start would be to call the Pepsi warehouses in your area. If you tell me roughly what city you live in or near, I can probably dig up a list of the Pepsi offices in your general area. Sometimes you'll get rude people on the phone, but that's life. I've talked to some really nice people, and some people who really have no business answering phones!

First I'd ask if they carry 10oz glass bottled Pepsi. If they do, maybe they can tell you where they recently delivered it to. I honestly doubt you'll find those longneck 12oz bottles, they seem to be a Chicago-area phenomenon.

When I go into stores that I've never been in, I generally walk the whole store. Sometimes you'll find stuff in places where you least expect it. You may also have better luck at small mom and pop type of grocery stores, they sometimes carry oddball stuff like that, where a store like Wal-Mart would just want the basic 2L/12pk/6pk.

lordmadone
04-22-2008, 08:19 PM
I didn't even know but walking our warehouse we sell those single little 10oz pepsi bottles..but I have never seen them in my area..ANYWHERE.

Two Dogz
04-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Deli glass bottles, in general, are a niche product. You're not going to find them in every store. Sometimes you have to go looking for stuff like that - or maybe the Pepsi warehouses in your area don't even stock them.

Sometimes you'll find them in the mixers section with the glass bottles of tonic, club soda, ginger ale, stuff like that. Sometimes some c-stores will sell them as singles.

The first place I would start would be to call the Pepsi warehouses in your area. If you tell me roughly what city you live in or near, I can probably dig up a list of the Pepsi offices in your general area. Sometimes you'll get rude people on the phone, but that's life. I've talked to some really nice people, and some people who really have no business answering phones!

First I'd ask if they carry 10oz glass bottled Pepsi. If they do, maybe they can tell you where they recently delivered it to. I honestly doubt you'll find those longneck 12oz bottles, they seem to be a Chicago-area phenomenon.

When I go into stores that I've never been in, I generally walk the whole store. Sometimes you'll find stuff in places where you least expect it. You may also have better luck at small mom and pop type of grocery stores, they sometimes carry oddball stuff like that, where a store like Wal-Mart would just want the basic 2L/12pk/6pk.

I live in Hillsboro, Oregon which is about 25min west of Portland. I would be perfectly willing to make a road trip and/or buy several cases if anything could be found in my general area ... say within 150miles or so.

And thanks for the help.

To anyone in Illinois or anywhere else that american bottled Pespi in glass bottles (12 or 10oz) is sold. I would be willing to send someone a postal money order or paypal them the funds to buy me a case or so and ship it to me as long as shipping wasnt more than the price of the soda.

drpep
04-22-2008, 09:04 PM
as long as shipping wasnt more than the price of the soda.

Good luck!! Aint' gonna happen :( I've mailed enough sodas and bought several cases and that is never the case.

Leog
08-22-2008, 10:51 PM
There are only 3 Pepsi Plants in Oregon that still produce the rest are distribution centers.

Pepsi Northwest Beverages Portland, Pepsi Northwest Beverages Eugene and Pepsi Northwest Beverages Mt Angel, all three in Oregon, although Portland produces 10 oz glass bottles it is only Tonic and Ale no Pepsi. Eugene only produces 20oz, 2 Liter and 3 Liter in PET plastic. Mt Angel is a can plant.

As far as Cane Sugar goes it "MAY" come back with the price of HFC going up due to corn being used for ethanol. I agree cane is much better, smoother.

Pepsi has started using a new sweetner "Stevia" natural for it's Diet products on some of it's SOBE products

710 flash
09-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi there,
The 10 oz Pepsi in glass pictured in a 24 pack case used to be available in Chicago but has permanently discontinued by Pepsi USA..I still have 3 cases
in my storage area..If I find out anything else..Of course,Mexican Pepsi 12 oz and 16.9 oz,I will let you know..

Smile! 710 flash:)