PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Mexican Coke in DC/MD area

Irishblood
04-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Does anyone know where to find Mexican (tall glass, cane sugar) Coca-Cola in the DC or Maryland area. I'm in Takoma park and there are tons of Latino markets and I assume one must import it. Anyone seen it?
thanks!
btw...found passover Coke at the Rockville Giant and at Rodman's in Wheaton

treetoptom
04-29-2008, 10:42 AM
I'm confused. Every Latino grocer/bodega in Takoma Park/Langley Park (there are dozens of them) has Mexican Coke. Have you not gone into one or are you looking to buy a case at a time?

Irishblood
04-29-2008, 02:24 PM
I was hoping to avoid stopping at every one...not that I'm adverse to going to those lengths for soda. I have gone to a few international markets around here and hadn't seen it, so I thought someone might be able to pinpoint me to a specific source....

treetoptom
04-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Atlantic Supermarket ("Atlantico"), at the northeast quadrant of the intersection of New Hampshire Ave and University Blvd. has a wide variety of Mexican sodas, as does almost any latino market in Langley Park.

Irishblood
05-01-2008, 02:25 PM
cool, thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I really appreciate it.

whotony
05-14-2008, 11:41 PM
up here in Delco Pa i buy the glass mexican coke at Exxon gas stations.

francoenergy99
05-15-2008, 03:56 AM
Nice one day I want Coke from pure cane sugar it's probably so good in a glass bottle omg!!!!

Mr Zabe
05-15-2008, 05:55 AM
Ice cold glass cane Coke IMO rates
right up there with good sex. LMAO
No more needs to be said.:)

BottleBoss
05-15-2008, 01:18 PM
I lve in Maryland and every Mexican supermarket I have been in always has it and a bunch of other stuff.

francoenergy99
05-16-2008, 03:56 AM
The closest thing to pure can sugar these days splenda, that's like the only decent sweetner!

Soda-MN-Good
05-17-2008, 11:49 PM
The closest thing to pure can sugar these days splenda, that's like the only decent sweetner!

Nope, only decent sweetner is cane sugar, the rest is just imitation.

CeceAnn
10-10-2008, 03:14 PM
I can't find any in Arlington-Alexandria, VA. I used to find sugar Coke from Mexico in a small market in Arlington, but that has been replaced by Coke from Mexico with HF corn syrup. Will travel! In the D.C. area, anyway, for a sure source. I miss my sugar Coke.

whotony
10-10-2008, 06:48 PM
i found mexi-coke in GA.
a hess station in Oakwood has it in two sizes a short and a taller glass bottle.

CeceAnn
10-12-2008, 04:32 PM
That's the thing, I hear people say they can easily find cane sugar Coke in the deep South, Texas, etc. Costco, grocery stores, etc. But I can't find it at all now in Arlington, Alexandria, VA. It has been replaced by the Coke from Mexico with HFCS. So if anyone knows of a place in nearby Maryland, specifically, that has it, I'd be grateful if you would post that here. Many thanks.

whotony
01-03-2009, 08:42 PM
have you checked gas stations.
here, near philly exxon has the coke with sugar in glass bottles, also found at a oriental general store in a farmer;'s market in New Castle De.

Ben
01-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Have you actually drank this stuff? Because alot of the Mexican Coke that is brought in by third party distributors has labels that they just copied the US ingredients onto. I am currently drinking a bottle of the non-retornable Mexican Coke that comes in a shrinkwrapped case of 12 oz glass and the sticker states "Suger" with a phone # for consumer information. If you are still finding retornable bottles (somewhat rare in Michigan now) odds are it was brought in by a 3rd party distrubutor and their sticker may not be strictly accurate.

I can't find any in Arlington-Alexandria, VA. I used to find sugar Coke from Mexico in a small market in Arlington, but that has been replaced by Coke from Mexico with HF corn syrup. Will travel! In the D.C. area, anyway, for a sure source. I miss my sugar Coke.

treetoptom
01-04-2009, 11:28 PM
Check the tiny ingredient printing on the bottle cap. If it says azucar, don't sweat what the third-party label says. I've never found the bottle cap to be wrong.