PDA

View Full Version : got all 3 new dews today+pics and reviews

hightyto
05-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Sorry in advance that i posted this new thread instead of putting them in the one about the tags, i just thought more people that want to would see it here better.

okay so im pretty sure that most Krogers have them for sale, at least my local two do, so im just assuming other ones do also. I could only find them in 12 packs, but i know they come in 20 oz, but im not sure if they come in 2-liters, anybody know?
By the way, i took these pictures with my cell phone, so the colors dont look good much at all.
Ratings are 1-10, 10 being best.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l280/Nim4Life/novacan.jpg

SUPERNOVA-STRAWBERRY MELON LIME-RATING-10

Supernova is FOR SURE the best. actually, i had thought voltage and revolution would be better, but tasting it i knew it was the best. It literally tastes like cotton candy melted down or candy, its god sent. Really, im one of the biggest MD freaks and this is already one of if not my absolute favorite Mountain dews. and what really seperates it from the other two is how smooth it goes down, not to fizzy but has all the great flavor, and the delicous smell doesnt hurt either! Reccomended to anybody who drinks liquid. Definitly vote for this one, no doubt.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l280/Nim4Life/revcan.jpg

REVOLUTION-WILD BERRY-RATING-2

I must say. I LOVE Mountain Dew, just as much as anybody if not more than most people. And this drink, this "Revolution," is a disgrace. I can't really sum up in words how much i hated it, yes, hated. When opening it, expecting to be welcomed by a great smell, it was the comlpete opposite. From smelling it, i had a bad feeling, but i was optomistic and drank it anyways, and just to make sure that i really didnt like it, i drank it all. I regret that. It is WAYYYYY to fizzy and, unlike Supernova, goes down HORRIBLY. From the sound of its flavor, i thought it would be like fruit punch, which i wasnt to excited about anyways, but wow, if their IS a flavor, i have yet to find it. It tastes like watered down sugar free.....water. Its just plain bad. Smells bad, tastes horrible, and even the blue of the can is a bad blue, i know that sounds funny, but its just a bad blue. and even the actualy liquid color of it is, unlike what most morons thought would be an "awesome blue color" is actually just more clear with a very small tinge of light blue. Reccomend this to nobody. Really wouldnt vote for it, even though its blue and all blue things are usually good, MD found a way to make it horrible. And besids, its name is REVOLUTION, which is just IMO a stupid name for a pop. and if they are inferring thats its a revolution for all pop, im scared.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l280/Nim4Life/voltagecan.jpg

VOLTAGE-RASPBERRY CITRUS-RATING-7

Okay. first off, the name isnt original at all, typical pop name, and it seems like a rip off of livewire dont you think? This one definitly has the best color and design. While on dewmocracys website it looks much more blue, in real life its actually more of a purple color, but it does look dark blue, and so does the actualy drink, really dark blue, but more purple. Opening it, it had a pretty good smell, smelled alot like Pitch Black i must say. And the taste, it was OKAY. out of 10, i give it 7 (for reference, i gave Supernova a 10, and revolution a 2) Theres really not to much to say about this one i guess. I mean its flavor was pretty decent and all. I dont know i guess i was just expecting more umph. But its still pretty good, definitly right in the middle of Supernova and Revolution. I would reccomend this lightly to vote for, and im trying not to be to favoring of Supernova because this is a review, but still sticking with the Strawberry melon lime.

VOTE SUPERNOVA
DOWN WITH REVOLUTION
voltage is okay.

Hope you enjoyed the review!

lordmadone
05-19-2008, 08:25 PM
ehmm I made a post with 20oz bottle pictures too much more recently..but not bad reviews..I think you were a little too harsh on revolution..maybe try it in a bottle.

hightyto
05-19-2008, 10:20 PM
oh sorry didnt see it.

And that was definitly a good suggestion to try it in a bottle. it WAS better, but i still stand by the fact that its the wrost of the 3, still didnt go down well, and the flavor is still off. but i will give you that it is better in the bottle, DEFINITLY try it first in that form.

New Updates:

as you all know already, it comes out in bottle and 12 pack, but im prettty sure it doesnt come in 2-liters, all the places i asked said they had 20 oz's and 12 packs, but no 2 liters.

Its also avaliable at 7-11 (in both forms, thats where i picked up the bottles)
Its in many gas stations.
CVS (Pharmacy) has them, or WILL have them in stock tomorrow morning or afternoon, at least mine, they said they werent allowed to put it on sale untill 10 A.M...i guess they're the only ones who care about that lol.

Also for CVS, my local one, so probably a lot of others also, will be setting up a display with thme in a big cooler and will be selling the bottles for 99 cents each.

it seems like CVS always has a good deal on new Pepsi products, i remember Game Fuel being 99 cents for a pretty long time, same thing with the 3 new amps.

Acheron
05-20-2008, 06:25 AM
Got all three today myself, and I have to say that I prefer Voltage by far. It is to Amp Elevate what Livewire and Code Red are to their Amp analogs. Supernova isn't bad, and definitely original, but it's not something that I think I would really crave all that often. I also agree that Revolution isn't that great - especially with Voltage around it really seems redundant and unnecessary.

mjb1124
05-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Wow, I'm definitely in a different boat - I thought Revolution was easily the best flavor (and the cashier I bought my bottle of Voltage from agreed). Very nice, light berry-citrus flavor - a bit like Baja Blast but not the same formula. I guess maybe it's a matter of different tastes - I like a soda with a good deal of fizziness. And for what it's worth, I've only had it in a bottle.

The other two flavors are a bit too sweet for my liking, though Supernova has an interesting flavor. I will agree that Voltage is just "eh".

I was convinced that Revolution would be the winner here, but clearly some feel otherwise. It'll be an interesting battle, that's for sure.

francoenergy99
05-20-2008, 01:58 PM
coool they sound awesome

meetingpeopleiseasy
05-20-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm going to go on a mini-hunt for these today.

iluvsurge220
05-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Looked all around town today and didn't find them anywhere. Hopefully they will get here soon as I am very anxious to taste them!

Popados
05-21-2008, 03:04 AM
I picked up all three at a local Speedway gas station the other day. Here is my order from best to worst.

1. Revolution

It does taste very similar to Baja Blast and I think thats why I liked it so much.

2. Voltage

It tastes like Minute Maid raspberry lemonade but less tart and way more sweet. So its on point with the flavors, just not with the sweetness to tartness ratio.

3. Supernova

I did not like this one at all. I think it is way too sweet. I couldn't even finish the entire 20oz. It was making me feel ill.

None of the three are at all in my top list if favorite sodas, much like all the other Mountain Dew variations, the one exception being Baja Blast. But I'll definitely be purchasing more of the Revolution, considering Baja Blast isn't available, and I don't like to go to Taco Bell very often.

meetingpeopleiseasy
05-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Seriously you guys like Baja blast? It tastes like windex.......and afterbirth.

Acheron
05-21-2008, 01:50 PM
After another bottle, Revolution's berry flavor really seems like a port from the Wild Berry Aquafina Flavorsplash, which I always thought was best described as "vaguely fruity in an artificial sort of way". Also somewhat similar to Juicyfruit gum. I wasn't picking up on the similarity to Baja Blast.

Supra TT
05-21-2008, 07:10 PM
I sampled all 3 of them today....Needless to say, was not impressed with any of them.....thought they would of had some better flavor to them. I was expecting a lot more

mjb1124
05-21-2008, 11:00 PM
After having another bottle of it today, I stand by my vote for Revolution. And yes, it tastes like an artificial mishmash of fruit flavors, but sometimes that's just what hits the spot. I wouldn't expect anything else from Mountain Dew. If I want natural fruit taste I'll just have some juice.

smitty
05-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Supra TT nailed it. I can't overstate my disappointment with all three new
flavors. Tried them all, waited a while, tried them all again, and just about
all I can say is they're all sweet. Really sweet. But not very good and not
very flavorful.

I'm a Mountain Dew/Pepsi man, but bring back Mello Yello Melon.

Popados
05-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Seriously you guys like Baja blast? It tastes like windex.......and afterbirth.

MMM, nothin beats a tall glass of windex & afterbirth :)

Tried them all, waited a while, tried them all again, and just about
all I can say is they're all sweet. Really sweet. But not very good and not
very flavorful.

But that's Mountain Dew's thing. Every flavor is too sweet, except for maybe the sour variant of Pitch Black.