PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Dew Chips

shadowlp06
05-21-2008, 03:51 AM
Sorry, for some reason it was not letting me post this in the Doritos thread. It kept logging me off. So first off, my apologies.

I just grabbed a bag of the black bagged "Quest" Doritos. It's a promotion in which you're supposed to guess the flavor.

My first thought was...Corn Doritos with a Drenching of Lime! (These chips are sweet-tasting, but after the first few chips, I could not stand it anymore). I then followed the promotion on the bag and sure enough they are what many have suggested "Mountain Dew Flavored Doritos".

They're briefly addicting, then the lime (Mountain Dew) flavor kicks in and makes you wanna gag.

They also taste like the frozen Mountain Dew syrup, but dried up, it's really strong.

Maybe it's best you don't know what the flavor is before you buy the bag, otherwise it might turn some people off.

Supra TT
05-21-2008, 08:14 PM
I am a HUGE chip fan, and let me tell you these are the WORST tasting chips that i ever had. The bag was free and i didnt even eat half of them and then threw them away. No idea what Frito-Lay was thinking when they decided on this flavor.

fusion
05-21-2008, 08:47 PM
I didn't get the lime or Dew taste at all. To me, they tasted like lemon cream sandwich cookies. Too weird a taste for a chip.

Supra TT
05-21-2008, 09:30 PM
i got a lemonhead taste

Rob The SURGE Drinker
05-21-2008, 11:22 PM
When i tried them i thought it tasted like a Salty warm can of mountain dew. I couldnt eat more than 5 of them. I threw them out.

The King
05-31-2008, 04:24 AM
I guess Doritos does this whenever they have a really crappy flavor they want to try out. They had those horrible cheeseburger flavor chips last year, and now Mountain Dew?

A lime flavor might not be too bad. Limon Lays are great, and I think they have a Tostitos lime flavor as well. Mountan Dew is a drink, not a spice. What's next, Doritos with the flavor of Yoo Hoo? Maybe Doritos and Crab Juice.

Supra TT
05-31-2008, 04:09 PM
I think the double cheeseburger ones were excellent

mjb1124
05-31-2008, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed the cheeseburger flavor as well. It's like they somehow crammed the tastes of all the ingredients of a White Castle cheeseburger into chip powder.

As for the "Quest" chips - I'm another one who liked the taste at first, but had enough after about half a bag.