PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Cola

mrwilmoth
05-22-2008, 09:00 AM
I see they have a new cola out, any info on this?

Android
05-22-2008, 11:37 AM
It's supposedly not an energy drink. Just a plain cola. :rolleyes: :confused:

Was talked about in this thread:

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/bevboard-general/31800-red-bull-simply-cola.html

-Andy

Drinkaddict
05-22-2008, 02:18 PM
I tried to get some pre-samples. But they are not releasing any till the big release in Vegas this summer. No invite was given either... :(

here is the reply I got.

We appreciate your kind words and ongoing support. I wish that I could send you some samples in advance, but unfortunately I'm unable to do that. Our Red Bull Cola will be coming out this summer, debuting in Las Vegas, and we are super stoked! Until then, I don't have anything to offer other than an awesome Red Bull Energy Drink.

ampismypassion
10-18-2008, 11:26 PM
Haven't had it yet. I've heard it's nasty.

scum1
10-19-2008, 12:20 AM
It is different. I only had one can and it and you really can't compare it to coke or pepsi. It is a totally different kind of product. It is not an energy drink or even a strong cola. I suggest if you want an energy cola you try the one coming out from King 888. King 888 super cola is more like a traditional cola.

ehinkes
10-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah I just tried it and reviewed it and was not impressed. Definitely not an energy cola, but an all natural cola. Pretty poor taste in my opinion,

emptyfree
10-24-2008, 09:27 PM
It's OK. Its big thing is that it's a "natural" cola. Caffeinated by coffee beans. I think it's sweetened by cane sugar. Probably means we won't get a diet Red Bull cola.

The taste reminds me of the Whole Foods brand cola. It tastes very sweet to me... but then again, I'm used to the taste of Diet Coke and the like, so maybe I'm not the best judge...
I found it at the Jewel in Chicago near my house. It was sold in Red Bull sized containers for $1.29, and a larger size (16oz?) for $1.69.

Pepsi_Man
11-17-2008, 10:51 PM
They might of had better sales if it was a energy cola. Most of my customers say they don't like it. People buy it to a.try it and b. thinking it has energy in it.

SumPoosieCat
11-27-2008, 09:59 AM
I thought it was way too sweet. Don't see it doing well in the US. But I said that back in 97 when samples came to my bar.....lol..... still can't understand why anyone drinks that stuff.

MobiusOne
12-06-2008, 10:59 PM
i think it tastes just like howling monkey's energy cola. and i do consider it an energy drink, it has caffeine and other exotic (if a little strange) ingredients. and it doesn't taste too bad if it's fresh and ice cold.

SumPoosieCat
12-31-2008, 09:05 AM
They have to be kidding. I hope for nothing but the best but at 5.99 for 4 cans .... good luck.

Red Sox fan
12-31-2008, 10:03 AM
People said the same thing when they tried to charge people $1.99 for an 8oz can, right?

EnergyRobot
01-02-2009, 12:07 AM
At the local 711, this stuff started at 1.99 but then dropped to 1.39 a week later. The packaging is so similar to the original Red Bull that I grabbed one not realizing it was not the original Red Bull!

Pepsi_Man
01-07-2009, 11:27 PM
It's already on it's way out. RedBull reps aren't even putting it on the shelf when we pull it off.

DudeMan
01-18-2009, 04:54 AM
It's not caffeinated by coffee beans. It uses natural caffeine extracted from coffee beans. This type of caffeine is way more expensive when compared to synthetic. No real difference in my opinion except for the label claim..

bevdrincer
01-18-2009, 06:55 AM
I think it is quite good, in fact I do buy it (8oz) regularly. However, I have no doubt that this product will fail, they launched it a few months ago with zero marketing activity, who does that? I have never seen a single add or media spot, and it's not like they are hard up for cash.
Just watch and see, Whoever is responsible for the launch will lose their job, no-one can survive such a blunder, or can they?

greg
01-18-2009, 08:25 AM
I think it is quite good, in fact I do buy it (8oz) regularly. However, I have no doubt that this product will fail, they launched it a few months ago with zero marketing activity, who does that? I have never seen a single add or media spot, and it's not like they are hard up for cash.
Just watch and see, Whoever is responsible for the launch will lose their job, no-one can survive such a blunder, or can they?

MMMMMM, Redbull launches a "new" product with virtually NO marketing, just grass roots efforts......where have I seen that work before????????????

Android
01-18-2009, 01:46 PM
I've seen it in one grocery store - where they have it in singles and 4-packs. It's in next to the soft drinks, and it is definately not moving.

SumPoosieCat
01-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Red Bull Cola is a failure and will NEVER be anything but a failure. Please reconsider your options and come out with a Red Bull Lemon and Lime and a Red Bull Orange. Your increasing sales depend on it.