PDA

View Full Version : Walmart's Private Label Energy Drink?

abash
05-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Hello,

I've been on a mission to find out what Walmart sells as their private label energy drink. I've spent about 2-3 hours trying to get this answer by looking online, going into stores, and calling both corporate and store managers. Nobody at Walmart seems to know what they carry, so I'm depending on you guys to have a better idea than them.

Anyone know?

Thanks.

greg
05-29-2008, 10:23 AM
As far as I know they do not have an Energy drink per se. However, I am aware of them trying to find a private label Energy Shot.

fusion
05-29-2008, 11:03 AM
I would say Jones Energy would be the closest thing to a private label energy for them. It comes through their warehouse.

They also had that Hulk Hogan energy drink, but I think they got rid of it.

jacksmom
05-29-2008, 11:40 AM
I recall trying something from there called Red Rain. I thought it was a private label brand. It was okay.

meetingpeopleiseasy
05-29-2008, 11:50 AM
I don't believe Wal Mart carries a private label energy drink. If they did it would probably be called Sam's Choice Xtreme USA Energy or some bull**** like that.

abash
05-29-2008, 02:31 PM
This seems to be the general consensus with everyone, including Walmart. One Walmart manager informed me they have tested energy drinks in the past, but currently don't have a PL brand that we was aware of. Thanks everyone.

greg
05-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Jones Energy Drink Belongs to Jones Soda
Hulk Hogan is from Socko , a Bliss Beverage offering that di have an agreement with WalMart. However, I think it may have expired.

Red Rain is a COTT Corporation beverage which may be independently offered in WalMart as an exclusive to the company. I have seen it in coolers, both Pepsi and the local Cadbury coolers but didn't know who it belonged to due to the fact the Pepsi Distributor is Pepsi Americas and the CS is Southeastern Atlantic, both not corporate bottlers.

francoenergy99
05-29-2008, 05:52 PM
cool u gotta make it rain