PDA

View Full Version : Ski or Double Cola in Central Kentucky?

Dumas Walker
05-30-2008, 05:48 PM
This weekend, I will be taking a trip along the Blue Grass and Western Kentucky Parkways, between Lawrenceburg and Leitchfield/Caneyville/Rough River. These parkways cross the I-65 corridor in the E-town area.

Does anyone know if Ski, Caffeine-Free Ski, or Double Cola are available along that route? I am thinking DC is not (unless the west end of the route is serviced by Evansville RC). However, I suspect that Ski products might be. Anybody know for sure?

Thanks!

Cheer-wined
06-04-2008, 12:05 AM
The west part of your route is serviced by RC Evansville - they have a sales/distribution center right off the WK parkway near Beaver Dam. I don't think that Evansville distributes DC there though, at least I didn't see it 2 weeks ago. If you take a detour to Evansville, it is very easy to find.

Double Cola is still sold in Greensburg, KY but that's at least 30 miles from E-town.

You won't have any problems finding Ski on the route you are taking. However, Coke is the distributor and they don't carry all the varieties.

fusion
06-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Ski is in Elizabethtown, Ennis Coke has it there. Just regular and diet.

I took a similar route going back a few years, I can't say I remember any Double Cola, though.

Dumas Walker
06-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Thanks, I should have posted my query a little sooner as I've already made the trip and came back!

I can say that I did find Ski in Leitchfield (Ski only, in cans... no Diet, Cherry, or C/F) at both Houchen's stores. Something told me they'd have it, if anyone did. ;) The Walmart there apparently only had it in the Coca-Cola vending machines out front, but they appeared to have both cans and plastic bottles.

Also found it at the IGA on KY 210 in Hodgenville... again, only in cans, but they also had Diet. I had guessed the distributor that stocks both Leitchfield and Hodgenville must be a Coke distributor as it was always shelved with the Coke products.

I suspect that I could have found it in Bardstown, too, as there is a Clark Distributing center just on the outskirts of town.

The only store near Rough River Dam that I went into didn't carry it, but it was a very small store.

I will have to remember the tips about Beaver Dam, E-town, and especially Greensburg. With the detour through Hodgenville, I was closer to Greensburg than I expected to be!

francoenergy99
06-07-2008, 02:47 PM
they both sound cool

willis
06-09-2008, 03:19 PM
they both sound cool

Sorry to say, but Double Cola is not sold in Greensburg anymore.

francoenergy99
06-09-2008, 03:33 PM
ohh dammmmm

stinkfinger
06-09-2008, 10:59 PM
ohh dammmmm

Why don't you just friggin go away.

Dumas Walker
06-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Sorry to say, but Double Cola is not sold in Greensburg anymore.

I read something elsewhere that suggested it was not. I was hoping that it was wrong. :(