PDA

View Full Version : Dad's & Bubble Up @ Big Lots

bigrich
05-30-2008, 10:18 PM
I was in a Big Lots today. I always notice Dad's, but normally just pass it up because it is usually from Paul's Beverages. I will not drink flat soda!!! They had two different sizes today. The bigger bottles were Paul's, but they had 20 ounce bottles from Tri-State Canners, Evansville. I looked a little closer at the labels and they read: Produced Under Authority Of The Dad's Root Beer Company, LLC. Jasper, IN 47546. I had thought that Monarch Brands owned Dad's & Bubble Up? Monarch must have sold the brands. Anyway, the Tri-State product was fresh and carbonated.

Soda-MN-Good
05-31-2008, 12:08 AM
ah, but how do they compare to the Dad's and Bubble Up in glass bottles?

Cheer-wined
05-31-2008, 08:23 AM
Yep, Hedinger bought Dad's, Bubble Up, Dr Wells and Suncrest from Monarch last year. I went to the race in Indy last week and stopped by Hedinger's office in Jasper. They have a nice retail shop there, they sell Dad's stuff (mugs, etc.) and all their sodas except Suncrest - single cans, 1liters, 12packs. It's all bottled in Evansville.

I saw Dad's, Dr Wells and Bubble Up in the area but never did see Suncrest. Some of the cans and bottles I found on that trip are in the attachments. The Frostop 1-liters and the Barq's came from Cincinnati but everything else came from the Evansville area.

The Bubble Up graphics have changed - the can on the right was produced in Paragould last year, when the brand was still owned by Monarch. The new design is on the left. The product made by Mellow Moon was excellent - I haven't tried the Evansville Bubble Up yet.

Cheer-wined
05-31-2008, 08:34 AM
PS Hedinger/Dad's is one of the sponsors for the #15 Indy car driven by Buddy Rice. This was their setup in the garage area at the speedway, during community day (5/21/08).
Nice to see the old brand getting some exposure.

drpep
05-31-2008, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE=bigrich;362743]I was in a Big Lots today. I always notice Dad's, but normally just pass it up because it is usually from Paul's Beverages. I will not drink flat soda!!! T [QUOTE]

I know what you mean, I've never found soda from that canner that was fully carbonated.

drpep
05-31-2008, 02:31 PM
PS Hedinger/Dad's is one of the sponsors for the #15 Indy car driven by Buddy Rice. (5/21/08).
Nice .

Dang, never noticed that when looking a photos this years Indy cars. Did you notice Max Papis had the Big Red logo on his car? To bad he did not qualify.

skifdank
05-31-2008, 09:11 PM
I went there and found not only Dad's red pop, but also Gatorade AM: CRANBERRY-RASPBERRY.
A flavor I've never seen before, and that isn't and never was on their webpage, I follow gatorade closely, and have never even heard of this flavor. Thank you Big Lots.

Cheer-wined
06-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Dang, never noticed that when looking a photos this years Indy cars. Did you notice Oriol Servia had the Big Red logo on his car? To bad he did not qualify.

I remember seeing his team's garage area but I don't recall seeing any Big Red branding. I didn't even know they were one of the sponsors.

drpep
06-01-2008, 08:57 PM
You would have seen no sign of Big Red in Oriol Servia's garage, I meant Max Papis.
Indy500PD08 403 on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbonvouloir/2484077261/)

francoenergy99
06-02-2008, 02:18 AM
I tryed whole foods today there awesome!!

drpep
06-03-2008, 09:05 PM
I took a chance today and bought a Big Daddy size bottle of Dads Root Beer at Kmart. It was from Pauls Beverage so I had my doubts but was suprised to find it fully carbonated.