PDA

View Full Version : Boo Koo

scum1
06-02-2008, 08:26 PM
So now that there has been a shake up of sorts at Boo Koo what do you think that means for the Boo koo drinks? New drink names? Just wondering what everyone here thinks about it. I think they make some pretty decent drinks that have a lot of kick. maybe just a makeover of the can design or something?
http://www.bevnet.com/news/2008/5-22-2008-boo_koo_news.asp

boodoo
06-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Why in the world would anyone have an interest in a brand that is down 80% vs. prior year and has decimated their field staff? What is the point?

greg
06-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Why in the world would anyone have an interest in a brand that is down 80% vs. prior year and has decimated their field staff? What is the point?

Sounds like you have been affected...........

greg
06-05-2008, 12:21 PM
I will say that the "turn around" may be successful if they keep innovating like they have been.
Their new drink, BooKoo Burner+, sounds like a real winner. An Energy drink that also helps you supplement your daily protein intake is a great idea( with respect to Whey Up).
20g of protein in a serving is considerable in this category. Most Protein Drinks in the Sports Nutrition Industry are between 40-55g but only offer the protein unless combined with 60-100 g of carbohydrates. Point being, this is a main stream product delivering protein supplementation.

The deal with CCC has been signed and hopefully these guys will gain back some momentum.

BhamCokeman
06-05-2008, 03:42 PM
I know we've dropped it. We are now just trying to sell through what we have left in stores. It never really did anything, and at one point in time we were there number one distributor(probably was 2nd now behind CCBCC). We had a whole shelf of it in some sets. That space is now occupied by 22 oz NOS PET since we have all three flavors of it now. Pretty good trade of if you ask me. I just cant see Boo Koo making it and for the love of me do not understand CCBCC dropping RockStar for it when they did,

boodoo
06-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Greg,

No connection past or present with BooKoo. However it's HQ has been in Dallas since 2000 and they have never had a real dsd distributor. Their Nielsens are pathetic all over the country. I wish them no hard feelings. Putting your hopes, dreams and money into BooKoo Burner sounds like a real thin limb!

greg
06-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Greg,

No connection past or present with BooKoo. However it's HQ has been in Dallas since 2000 and they have never had a real dsd distributor. Their Nielsens are pathetic all over the country. I wish them no hard feelings. Putting your hopes, dreams and money into BooKoo Burner sounds like a real thin limb!

I can see your reservations. However, notice I said "IF THEY KEEP INNOVATING". They can not change their name and packaging and introduce one new product and be successful.
They have invested in some heavy hitters from the industry and these guys are no slouches.
Former CEO of CSAB, Former President of Snapple, and a former Chief Strategy officer of CSAB.
Keep an eye on these guys.

SumPoosieCat
06-09-2008, 01:54 PM
BooKoo ? Greg I have to tell you ... who is the customer for this stuff? I wouldn't walk around with a BooKoo... would you? And it does not appeal to girls either so who is buying this stuff? The brand has serious problems because it doesn't identify with men or women.... who's left ?

francoenergy99
06-09-2008, 03:31 PM
It looks like a cheap knock off the way to go these days is either sugar free, zero carb, or organic the healthy term is in the barrier in the world's fattest country I don't think anybody wants a high calorie drink. The should make a energy drink with and organic line, sugar free, diet, zero carb, and couple orginal they would do great!

greg
06-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Seriously gentlemen....anecdotely look at the scenario. Read who I said has joined the team. These guys are pulling off major changes to their name, their product offering, and their image.
I didn't say it would be overnight, I said , If they keep innovating, they can make a real turn around. Who knows, maybe the new guys from the old company can make a distribution deal with the new DPSG!!!! Did anybody think of that!?!?!?

fusion
06-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Seriously gentlemen....anecdotely look at the scenario. Read who I said has joined the team. These guys are pulling off major changes to their name, their product offering, and their image.
I didn't say it would be overnight, I said , If they keep innovating, they can make a real turn around. Who knows, maybe the new guys from the old company can make a distribution deal with the new DPSG!!!! Did anybody think of that!?!?!?

That would be a smart move, Greg. The bottling group is still hurting from the loss of Glaceau, and Venom energy isn't out yet. An established brand like BooKoo would be a good companywide addition to their lineup.

francoenergy99
06-09-2008, 06:21 PM
True, true I like that idea, but I like mines to.

SumPoosieCat
06-09-2008, 06:53 PM
You and fusion may have a point but you are missing one key element... Nobody wants or is buying this stuff. There is nothing cool about BooKoo. I have yet to EVER see a guy drink one and have seen only 2 girls EVER drink it. The brand is dead in the water.

reset man
06-09-2008, 09:22 PM
DPSG now has their own energy drink to get behind, Venom. They did a good job on the product and packaging, a 16.9 oz. resealable-aluminum bottle.

fusion
06-09-2008, 09:38 PM
You and fusion may have a point but you are missing one key element... Nobody wants or is buying this stuff. There is nothing cool about BooKoo. I have yet to EVER see a guy drink one and have seen only 2 girls EVER drink it. The brand is dead in the water.

Well, I guess it's a good thing you are everywhere at all times, and seeing what everyone is drinking.

stinkfinger
06-09-2008, 10:58 PM
I have yet to see a bottle of Sumpoosie for sale or being consumed ANYWHERE>

SumPoosieCat
06-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Well, I guess it's a good thing you are everywhere at all times, and seeing what everyone is drinking.

I am at countless Convenience Stores week in and week out and I am sorry Fusion in the last 2 years I have only seen 2 girls buy the product....that's it. I have talked to countless owners and they say the stuff doesn't sell. I am only speaking of my experience but maybe you can tell me who this stuff is for. Is a guy going to reach out for a Bookoo instead of Monster or Red Bull or Rockstar ? If so... why? It just doesn't make sense. Just because you have colored cans and different flavors does not mean its going to sell and sales are WAY down because ..... it does not sell through.

SumPoosieCat
06-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Anyone named Stinkfinger living in knucklehead ...I can believe has never seen SumPoosie.

SumPoosieCat
06-09-2008, 11:25 PM
I have never seen a bottle or can if sumpoosie for sale or being consumed.

This thread is about BooKoo and not SumPoosie Cat Energy Drink but.... let me say this... my sales are not down 80%. So divert all you want the point is people are not BUYING Bookoo. And none of you seem willing to offer a reason to buy BooKoo or who its customer would be.

greg
06-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Another point about this thread is not where BooKoo has been , yet were they are going. They have made monumental changes in their management. They have done what few do: They recognized they needed fresh blood and a new approach. They have began the process to success,,,,,,hopefully.
Venom??? So what, How many ED's does Coke offer? I can see DPSG offering more than one. Similar to Pepsi and all of their ED offerings.
You throw enough stuff up against the wall and something is bound to stick.

SumPoosieCat
06-10-2008, 11:44 AM
I agree Greg it is about where they are going and I think there are still major problems. Experts are great but that doesn't fix the problems of the brand. You can bring in the best mechanics in the world ... if you give them a 4 cyl engine there is only so much they can do.

scum1
06-10-2008, 12:01 PM
I have seen people buying boo koo a few times. The name is not the reason though. They make good drinks so maybe a name change would help. I think the Boo Koo burners might do better at least with the gym crowd. The burner part might help the name. All that said I think name is not as important as peer pressure. The teens all love Monster. It's the cool thing to drink. I don't think it is because of the name though. I think it is because of the image,peer input, and marketing. In SumPoosieCats defense I seen SumPoosieCat being drank and bought many times. I actually have seen more girls drinking it than guys though which surprised me. I still have not seen the new bottles yet though(hint).

reset man
06-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Please DPSG do not add Boo Koo energy drink to our portfolio, it does not sell. I've sold it in the past. We have 3 already, one is a dog, one is decent and the Venom is moving very well. If anything extend the Venom line. Amen

francoenergy99
06-11-2008, 03:47 AM
sounds cool

scum1
06-11-2008, 08:51 PM
I have all 3 Boo Koo Burners in hand. Really nice can design. It just might work.

SumPoosieCat
06-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Who is going to a BooKoo ? Guys are not interested and I know I wouldn't most won't walk around with a Bookoo in their hand....its just not cool.

francoenergy99
06-12-2008, 09:02 PM
no it doesnt look cool

boodoo
06-14-2008, 10:08 AM
To catch a fish one must dangle a lure. What is lure from BooKoo that would attract DPSG? A little bird tells me that they are looking at something all together different......

greg
06-14-2008, 04:57 PM
To catch a fish one must dangle a lure. What is lure from BooKoo that would attract DPSG? A little bird tells me that they are looking at something all together different......

The lures have just been purchased. They have not even had a chance to be tied to the line.
Lets not forget who BooKoo just hired and what those people used to do.

Go back and look and at some of the guys who jumped ship and moved to Monster(hansens) a few years back. You may be surprised.

Huntin1
06-16-2008, 12:02 PM

Boodoo....Like what?

boodoo
06-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Greg, you must agree with me that any comparison to BooKoo is a huge stretch. We can both name more than a few great beverage guys that made a killing and then went on to bomb. I agree that past success is a good indication of future success. But I aint investing my pesos in BooKoo! I will invest in OIL FUTURES!

Huntin1, can't say yet....little bird is still on the nest............

SumPoosieCat
06-19-2008, 10:13 AM
The stock is in the toilet and I would not risk a cent in BooKoo. If the stock was a penny I would consider it too much. Nothing is going to make BooKoo cool and sell nationwide it seems to have run its course.

greg
06-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Why are you guys so fixated on history. Like I said, its not where they have been but where they are going.
BooKoo has changed their name and their Upper management. Sure I understand that not all drinks are going to be a success but I think these guys have a great shot at making some solid gains based on the expereince they have brought in.

It is my opinion that BooKoo, out of all the recognized brands out there except maybe Bawls, has the best chance to be a real contender to the current top 3 brands in the next 5 years.
Yeah, I said it!!!!
When I say top 3 I mean of what I consider Independents, RB, Monster, RockStar, not the cooked up shoved down your throat brands such as Full Throttle, AMP, and Sobe offerings that have Huge numbers due to their "automatic" distribution points.

Oh Yeah, If you invest in Oil futures I suggest you sell short. If the democrats allow for a vote to open up off shore driliing (never mind ANWR right now) then the increase in speculation will sputter and the price will come down. (assuming the vote will allow drilling, which looks to be a lock)

boodoo
06-19-2008, 03:55 PM
No offense but I won't take stock tips from a guy who beleives in BooKoo!

greg
06-20-2008, 01:00 PM
No offense but I won't take stock tips from a guy who beleives in BooKoo!

Fair Enough

greg
06-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Has BooKoo made another impressive acquisition???
Boo Koo Holdings Appoints Former Snapple and Cadbury Schweppes Executives to Lead Next Phase of Growth
Monday June 23, 9:49 am ET

ADDISON, Texas, June 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Boo Koo Holdings, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: BOKO - News; BOKO.OB: Headlines for BOO KOO HOLDINGS - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=boko.ob)), an innovative beverage company which recently disclosed plans to change its name to Performing Brands, Inc., announced today that it has appointed Jack Belsito, formerly President of Snapple Distributors, Inc. as Chairman. In addition, Mr. Belsito will assume the CEO's position during the 2008 fourth quarter. Joe Bayern, formerly Chief Strategy Officer of Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages and currently a Consultant to the Company, will become the Company's President in September. Mr. Belsito replaces Gil Cassagne as Chairman. Mr. Cassagne will remain a Director.

scum1
06-23-2008, 09:19 PM
The boo Koo Burner(pummelgranite) I have tried was very good. I think they have a great start on a come back. Lets not forget they also make drinks for others like Gazzu for circle K

ehinkes
06-23-2008, 09:42 PM
I have to agree with Scum. I tried all 3 flavors and they were solid. Sure a great product doesn't always translate into success, but it is a start.

SumPoosieCat
06-23-2008, 10:11 PM
You guys are missing the point. Who is going to buy BooKoo and why? Guys are not going to walk around with a Bookoo in their hand and it does not appeal to girls... sales are way way down. You need to stop and ask yourself who is going to buy this stuff..... who is it for ?

scum1
06-23-2008, 10:22 PM
There are much worse names than Boo Koo out there. Deep Throat! I would not be caught dead with that one. Even Red Bull. Really it is a made name but if it was just released would the name make or break it?

SumPoosieCat
06-24-2008, 08:29 AM
Scum... do not compare BooKoo to other names. Take BooKoo and tell me who is going to buy it, walk around with it and drink it. I can tell you most guys have no interest in walking around with a BooKoo in their hand. It sounds like baby talk and is not very cool. Girls do not identify with the brand at all. So sales are way down and they think its leadership or distribution. NO ! The BRAND does not sell. I have seen every flavor lined up at convenience stores and when I ask the clerk about Monster and BooKoo she tells me she sells 10 monsters to every BooKoo....maybe 20 I know there is a problem. You can have all the flavors in the world if no one identifies with your brand your done. Let me ask you this ...how much money do you think they have dumped on this brand all ready?

greg
06-24-2008, 02:56 PM
You guys are missing the point. Who is going to buy BooKoo and why? Guys are not going to walk around with a Bookoo in their hand and it does not appeal to girls... sales are way way down. You need to stop and ask yourself who is going to buy this stuff..... who is it for ?

Well the demos for their new offerings are for more educated people that want convenience and effeciency in getting the supplementation they want.
Getting energy and 20g of protein in 1 drink is addressing a need that I have without having to a) buy 2 drinks and b) having to down 32-40ozs to get it.

I remember when Wal-Mart and Kmart were names synonymous with cheap products and crappy value. Now look at them.
A overhaul of the company management along with a new marketing initiative will help create a more positive attitude towards BooKoo and its products.

SumPoosieCat
06-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Well ... we shall see. All that fire power maybe they can make it rain in the desert....