PDA

View Full Version : AB/InBev

greg
06-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Anyone else following this story? I am a bit concerned that we are about to lose an American icon of beverages to a foreign company.
It is paramount to selling Chevrolet to the japenese!

francoenergy99
06-07-2008, 02:39 PM
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greg
06-08-2008, 05:17 PM
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats so funny?

Mr Zabe
06-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Ditto
Budweiser is just as American as apple pie and
MLB.

francoenergy99
06-09-2008, 03:32 PM
ehh bud lights better

greg
06-09-2008, 05:10 PM
ehh bud lights better
I still don't see the humor........

dopie opie
06-09-2008, 08:41 PM
We work with a couple of A/B distributors and they are concerned. They all feel nothing good can come from this. I wonder if this is in reaction to the Miller/Coors merger >>

greg
06-10-2008, 09:56 AM
We work with a couple of A/B distributors and they are concerned. They all feel nothing good can come from this. I wonder if this is in reaction to the Miller/Coors merger >>

SAB bought Miller in 2002. So we lost the #2 brewer in the US years ago to South African Breweries, now located in England. Now we might lose #1.
SabMiller is also the Worlds 2nd largest Coke Bottler, Amatil.

dopie opie
06-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Truth be told, with all the manufacturing that this country has lost over the last decade, the beverage industry is behind the bell curve on this one.

By the way I sent you a PM last week, I was wondering if you go it, Greg.

Thanks

greg
06-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Truth be told, with all the manufacturing that this country has lost over the last decade, the beverage industry is behind the bell curve on this one.

By the way I sent you a PM last week, I was wondering if you go it, Greg.

Thanks

I just checked it. Call you tomorrow.

By the way. As far as manufacturing jobs go I think due to the volume, freshness, and cost of Beer it doesn't make sense to take it oversees. This buy, or potential buy, just as with SABMiller will keep production here at home but the profits will go elsewhere.

InBev and SABMiller are the 2 superpowers now in the alcohol and to some extent the beverage industry.

dopie opie
06-10-2008, 09:26 PM
I just checked it. Call you tomorrow.

By the way. As far as manufacturing jobs go I think due to the volume, freshness, and cost of Beer it doesn't make sense to take it oversees. This buy, or potential buy, just as with SABMiller will keep production here at home but the profits will go elsewhere.

InBev and SABMiller are the 2 superpowers now in the alcohol and to some extent the beverage industry.

Greg,

We import produce you don't get more fresh than that brother.

I do not know anything about these companies, but there are tons of foreign companies that start out keeping jobs in the US and slowly send it all overseas....Now I really do not see that happening with beer, but it is enough to make me worried.

I am heavily involved with manufacturing and have seen hundreds of companies go bye-bye and literally thousands upon thousands of jobs. They all come with the same promises, but they are never held responsible when they go back on their initial commitment.

greg
06-26-2008, 04:23 PM
It's about to get real ugly......looks like this is going to be a hostile takeover.

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid={C16B14E8-43BE-4A36-9ED3-9CCE9FA88D93}&siteid=yhoof2

greg
06-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Greg,

We import produce you don't get more fresh than that brother.

I do not know anything about these companies, but there are tons of foreign companies that start out keeping jobs in the US and slowly send it all overseas....Now I really do not see that happening with beer, but it is enough to make me worried.

I am heavily involved with manufacturing and have seen hundreds of companies go bye-bye and literally thousands upon thousands of jobs. They all come with the same promises, but they are never held responsible when they go back on their initial commitment.

I understand your statement about the Produce, which makes sense, however, when comparing AB making millions of bottles of beer a day to importing produce I don't think it is comparing apples to apples, no pun intended.
I also understand that many times the companies take the production oversees, however, as of now Miller is still producing its beer here in the states.

I also understand the your last statement about manufacturing jobs going oversees under false promises and the new owner never being held accountable.

ctdummy
07-11-2008, 01:18 AM
Ya I recently heard a much about this as well. I do not want to lose AB and living in Florida that means that AB will loose their theme parks as well. I just heard that Disney is already looking to buy Busch Gardens and Seaworld, not sure yet about Universal Studios though (Pretty sure AB bought those not too long ago). I know Coars Light merged with Miller recently so there goes the "Silver Bullet". Lets keep AB as an American brand damn it. Just goes to show that once your company goes public, it does not matter what the company stands for or what it means to Americans, as long as someone throws enough money in your face. Damn, if AB sells out, what will all the red necks drink?

SamC
07-13-2008, 10:47 PM
This has ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to do with moving any jobs "overseas". A-B will simply be a part of a larger worldwide company. It will continue to make 99% of the products it sells here, here. Just as Labatt continues to after being bought by ImBev several years ago.

dopie opie
07-14-2008, 08:01 AM
The price of an American institution.

$70 per share.

skylark68
07-14-2008, 03:25 PM
The problem is that the dollars will go to Belgium now instead of the good old US of A. Sure some of the money will be re-invested into US production, but those profits will be spent on building new perks for Belgians instead of Americans.

scum1
07-21-2008, 09:28 PM
I guess everything is for sale now days. I'll stick to my shiner beer for now. Is there any mass produced beer that is still owned by an american company? I mean like a bud or coors the ones you buy by the case not the 6 pack.

skylark68
08-07-2008, 02:25 PM
I guess everything is for sale now days. I'll stick to my shiner beer for now. Is there any mass produced beer that is still owned by an american company? I mean like a bud or coors the ones you buy by the case not the 6 pack.

Pabst Blue Ribbon.

They don't produce their own beer as far as I know (it's made in Miller facilities), but PBR has its own brewmaster that inspects and makes sure the PBR recipe is being followed. It's still owned by Americans.

They also make Lone Star and a score of other beers.

turbojames
08-31-2008, 08:07 AM
think about the currency exchange in the purchase.

Lihualee
09-29-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm going to bump the tread up.

greg
10-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Looks like this deal, even though the subject of the article says different may have some major roadblocks ahead of it.
Anheuser Slides More, But InBev Stays Loyal - WSJ.com (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122506746177370661.html?mod=yahoo_hs&ru=yahoo)

For InBev to get a bridge loan that expires 6 months after taking it they will be betting HEAVILY on a) major economic changes i.e. available credit or b) a major cash influx due to selling off some brands, infrastructure, or reducing overhead( read employees) drastically.

Remey688
11-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Anyone else following this story? I am a bit concerned that we are about to lose an American icon of beverages to a foreign company.
It is paramount to selling Chevrolet to the japenese!

I believe you're just a little ahead of a GM announcement following the withdrawal of Chrysler and GM's merger talks.

greg
11-18-2008, 01:38 PM
It looks finalized.
LONDON (MarketWatch)
Last: 68.58+0.08+0.12%
BUD 68.58, +0.08, +0.1%) , paying the agreed-upon $52 billion, or $70-a-share, price. The new Anheuser-Busch InBev will start trading on the Euronext Brussels exchange on Friday.

Heres the kicker. If I had $48,295,775 I could have bought enough shares of AB to make $1,000,000 from the price differential.( At least that is how I think it works)