PDA

View Full Version : Seeking good flavored water

general_leo
06-09-2008, 03:12 AM
A while back (early 90s) when I was a kid I stopped by a gas station and got this very delicious flavored water, strawberry flavored...it was like drinking strawberry nectar except it was totally clear and without color. Most delicious drink I ever had, but of course I have no idea what brand it was. I've recently been trying to find anything that could come close but have been met with bitter disappointment.

Most flavored water I find has Splenda or other artificial stuff in it which is simply not going to be considered. There's only a few options I've found that didn't use Splenda or the like...

Tropicana Juice Quenchers -- these were probably the closest thing I found to it. This isn't the Tropicana Fruit Squeeze (horrible) but something else, seemed to be marketed to kids. It was about 50% fruit juice.

Hint Essence Water -- horrible. Has no added sugar or fruit juice, just "essence." It sure smells good...but tastewise it's hardly different from regular water, except it's also undrinkably bad somehow...I heard it turns brown(!)

Some other brand in a tall octagonal bottle -- just a small step above Hint water really. Had a very chemical citric acid-y taste somehow, and again, it tasted more like water than like fruit...the beverage I had when I was little actually tasted substantially like strawberries and seemed to have had enough sugar that it actually tasted GOOD.

I never could find Glaceau's fruitwater anywhere near me so I never got to try it. However based off their Vitaminwater, for which I can't manage to finish more than a sip of any flavor, I don't have very high hopes. One option I am now looking at is this flavH2O stuff which at least looks promising. Anyone tried it or can recommend something good? I don't particularly care how many calories are in it...as long as it's not 0 because that means it has Splenda.

meetingpeopleiseasy
06-09-2008, 11:31 AM
I miss clearly canadian. Do they still make it?

Mr Zabe
06-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Just a thought,maybe try either
buying some real strawberry juice (100%)
from a health food store/market and or
juicing some fresh strawberries; and
then experiment with making your own dilution
of strawberry water. You still might need to add
some sweetner (cane sugar). Good Luck

Just an idea.:)

francoenergy99
06-09-2008, 02:21 PM
whats wrong with splenda.

Mr Zabe
06-09-2008, 02:40 PM
At least for my system it causes the double C's.
Make me feel like Crap and makes me Crap like crazy.
Enough said. LOL
Some people think artificial sweetners taste nasty and for some
they cause health problems.:(

scum1
06-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Try one of the Hydrive energy drinks if you don't have an issue with caffeine. They are made with spring water and just a little sugar ( about 6 grams per bottle). They really have the right level of sweetness from sucrose and no splenda. The Hydrive X is a berry flavor. These drinks also contain antioxidants and vitamins.

greg
06-09-2008, 04:18 PM
If it was Clearly Canadien go here. They have a locator.

Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation - Premium Alternative Beverages With Distinctive Flavours & Award-Winning Packaging (http://www.clearly.ca/index.php)

francoenergy99
06-09-2008, 05:17 PM
theres aways water joe water + caffine taste just like water and it gives u an edge!