PDA

View Full Version : A couple of value priced "store brand" drinks that I REALLY like!

Dobroplayer
06-16-2008, 02:28 AM
Its the Big K brand. (Kroger brand)

I LOVE the Big K Ginger Ale, and the Big K Black Cherry soda. I think they are great.

The ginger ale tastes like a cross between Canada Dry and Vernors. And the black cherry doesnt really remind me of anything in particular but I love it.

I tried the Big K "Drop Red, Cherry Blasted Soda", but it tasted like the cherry flavor is mixed with *something* else. Not sure what, but it seemed to take away from the cherry flavor.

The Black Cherry tastes like just the cherry, and its quite good.

Anyone else like these?

Good day, all!

DP

drpep
06-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Shurfine Black Cherry is good. I also had a cola, I forget where I purchased it, that was very good for a private label.

greg
06-16-2008, 03:01 PM
How about the Big K brand " Dr. Thunder" ? Just a decent blend of Mr Pibb and Dr Pepper.

jacksmom
06-16-2008, 03:33 PM
I don't like any of the Wal-Mart brand sodas, except they do make one called Apple Manzana that is quite tasty. It's the only apple soda I've been able to find, although they don't always carry it.

CitrusCola
06-17-2008, 05:57 AM
My kids love the Bubba Cola and Mountain Holler from Sav-A-Lot. I don't know if it's the taste they like, or just the names.

Mr Zabe
06-17-2008, 07:12 AM
It's probably my fickle taste buds.
I use to enjoy Jewel Grape (SuperValue) soda pop.
I picked up a 12 pack last Sunday. I could
barely drink it. In general their Cherry Cola
is very tasty.

skylark68
06-17-2008, 09:59 AM
Big K typically produces some nice sodas. The lemon lime is actually very crisp and tasty.

The Safeway brand sodas are decent as well. I like the cherry cola a lot.

Dumas Walker
06-17-2008, 06:51 PM
A lady I work with swears by Bubba cola. I need to try one sometime, I guess!