PDA

View Full Version : Coconut Water invasion

macnugget41
06-23-2008, 11:28 AM
The healthiest thing to hit US shelves now-a-days is all natural coconut water. Personally I've tried a variety of what the US has to offer. Vita Coco is the # 1 player in the market, I mean look at them they just hired an ex vitamin water marketer. Harvest Bay, Zico and O.N.E. all have pretty similar taste. My favorite all natural coconut water product is EQ - Thirst Equalizer. Each to his own, but I think EQ has the taste down as well as the stronger added health benefits.
I see Coconut Water invading the beverage industry soon, companies like Coke and Pepsi are going to see portions of the market dwindle as consumers continue on this "wellness" conscious trend.
EQ - Thirst Equalizer is the only coconut water based product that is bottled in the US. I guess that other companies don't know how to reconstitute coconuts.

meetingpeopleiseasy
06-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Coconut water? I'll pass.

greg
06-23-2008, 12:08 PM
The Health and Wellness category is quickly becoming the main driving factor in beverage portfolios. The cost to produce is relatively cheap to the overall wholesale/retail price. The benefits, or percieved benefit, of the health and wellness drinks will result in the greater volumes in the next few years as baby boomers, who are all ready used to self medicating, will look to the bottle for their cure.
The secondary growth will come form the younger demographics( see the new Obama demo) who have been taught from an early age that maintaining a healthy lifestyle day in and day out will provide them with a lifetime of health.

EmploymentSelect
07-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Doesnt sound to appealing for some reason.