PDA

View Full Version : New e-shot found at CVS

da man
06-25-2008, 06:00 PM
This afternoon, I went to CVS in Keene, NH and bought a few 2-packs of an e-shot called "Extreme Energy 6-Hour Shot". The energy blend includes(believe it or not):theobroma cacao extract(one of the things used in making chocolate) and black pepper extract. I'll try it out tomorrow morning and let you know what I think of whether it is worth the $4.99 per 2-pack or not.

scum1
06-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Cvs has it's own energy drink called "Blade" that is just showing up also

Joey
06-26-2008, 12:05 PM
I spoke with a flavor house yesterday that said up until 6 months ago they had never done an energy shot. Now they've done over 20. I would expect to see a lot of new brands popping up.

greg
06-26-2008, 02:51 PM
The Extreme 6 Hour Energy shot is offerd by Ener Formulations, a subsidiary of Iovate Technolgies. Iovate also owns the "MUSCEL TECH" brands as well as other Body Building supplement brands. These guys are HUGE.
Last spring (07)they didn't even have an idea for an energy shot. I saw them in Boston at a tradeshow where I quickly found out they were looking to get into it and were at that time scoping other products to get ideas......then all of a sudden they are in CVS, Rite Aid, GNC etc.

da man
06-26-2008, 06:18 PM
I tried it this morning and I think it's actually quite good. I only drank one 2 oz. bottle and I still feel the effects from it. The only downside is what looks like black pepper specks at the bottom of the bottle. Do you think that would be something to make you not try it or would you try it one time anyway?

greg
06-27-2008, 12:21 PM
I tried it this morning and I think it's actually quite good. I only drank one 2 oz. bottle and I still feel the effects from it. The only downside is what looks like black pepper specks at the bottom of the bottle. Do you think that would be something to make you not try it or would you try it one time anyway?

Its probably just residue from the Black Pepper Extract. However, I would expect better manufacturing practices to insure that "grinding" was performed to a higher standard.

scum1
06-30-2008, 10:53 AM
I've see similar things in other shots and also some black residue around the lid area. The best packaged shot I have seen is the NRG shots which have a lid and a pull off tab under the lid. Sealed very well so there is no oxidation around the lid area.

NRGSLLR@
07-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Just asking for your opinions, are these things energy drinks or supplements?

greg
07-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Just asking for your opinions, are these things energy drinks or supplements?

Technically, most ED's say they are energy supplements. By saying they are "supplements" it gives them liberty to be evasive in their nutritional content labels.