PDA

View Full Version : Would this products profit margin be attractive?

Joe_Oh
06-27-2008, 08:34 PM
(I hope this is the best forum for this question)

I am trying to sell a non-carbonated, non-alcholic concentrated energy mixer to bars and ice cream places so they can sell the syrup to their customers. I'm not wanting to replace anything they currently have, just expand their menu.

The syrup I have has 132 oz of concentrate that can be poured from a bottle into a drink or smoothie and 1oz of concentrate makes 8oz of energy drink.

The price for the 132 oz of syrup (each order would come in 4 bottles) is $89. That makes for 67.5 cents per serving to the bar owner and a sale between 2-3 dollars to the customer. for a projected profit of $241 when each case is used up.

Would that profit margin be attractive to the bar/ice cream shop owner or am I just in la-la land? The syrup carries a 180 money back gaurantee and no minimums to buy. Would that seal the deal, or will I be balked at all day long?

Thanx-

Soda-MN-Good
06-28-2008, 03:55 AM
What does it taste like?

Joe_Oh
06-28-2008, 02:28 PM
It has a real good cranberry-grape flavor, not bitter aftertaste and not too sweet. Doesnt use aspartame but insread Ace-K/Sucralose in small amounts to do a great job. Many people at my work have tried it and loved it. A few plan to buy some soon from me.

Assuming that I'm telling the truth, will this be sellable for the profit it will make for the establishment owners?

NRGSLLR@
08-20-2008, 09:48 AM
You are late to the game, retailers like Jamba Juice and other smoothie shops are currently using similar products. Coffee makers are already adding caffeine and Taurine to creamers. However a 1 ounce shot for $.67 is very expensive, most e-drinks don't cost that much to produce.

Remey688
11-10-2008, 05:16 PM
You are late to the game, retailers like Jamba Juice and other smoothie shops are currently using similar products. Coffee makers are already adding caffeine and Taurine to creamers. However a 1 ounce shot for $.67 is very expensive, most e-drinks don't cost that much to produce.

I agree. The selling cost to the public is too high to attract volume sales!

BriGuy20
02-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Truth be told, $.67 a serving is probably more than the alcohol most of these places serve. If you can make it into a beverage in a box kind of thing and price that more competitively (say, $15 or less a box) you might have something.