PDA

View Full Version : Spike Shooter Orange Gold

ctdummy
06-28-2008, 10:17 AM
I just joined after reading the forums for some time because I wanted to get in on all the action!

I have been drinking Spike's red berry energy drink for a couple of months now and I really love it. I used to drink the blue Rockstar for the lack of carbs until I tried Spike. I am not big on the lime flavor of Spike though. The other day I bought the new flavor of Spike which is called Orange Gold. I was blown away by the flavor. It does not taste like an energy drink at all especially one without sugar! Which is dangerous because you can drink it very fast. I still will switch it up between the berry and orange but it will be hard to find another energy drink that will rip me away from Spike.

I have seen Spike in local LA Fitness gyms and 7-11. Are those the only places to buy Spike besides online?

Thanks

greg
06-29-2008, 11:39 AM
These guys are making progress across the states. I am sure they will be seen in more places in the very near future.

Drinkaddict
07-07-2008, 04:01 PM
I just tried this Orange Gold. It tastes like a over-proportioned tang / water mix. But not in a bad way. I like my tang like that. :)

.jrauck
07-08-2008, 08:37 PM
I have only seen them in 7-11 and I live in NY, though thats not a problem for me since I live within 1 mile of one :D

ctdummy
07-09-2008, 05:02 PM
I actually talked to a Spike rep yesterday at a 7-11 and he said when the reps are at a place where they sell Spike, they give you a Spike for everyone you buy, so I bought a couple and got 2 free.... Sweet deal! He also said that Spike is sold at some local gyms, mom and pop vitamin shops, GNC, some smoothie places, and of course 7-11. He said the Double Shot comes out in August. I looked it up and it seems to be a quick little 4 oz fix but not as potent as the 8 oz formula. I will probably stick with the 8 oz Shooter.

Joey
07-09-2008, 09:17 PM
I know they signed with Mclanes so you should be able to spot them in most 7-11's. I haven't seen one outside of a 7-11 in my area.

.jrauck
07-10-2008, 04:16 AM
Also I went to GNC and they have the regular and quila lime but no orange. I think you may have to buy a 4 pack there though it may depend on the store.

ctdummy
07-23-2008, 10:58 PM
I just found them at the Smoothie Bar in the LA fitness gyms here in Orlando. They said a rep came in and they will be getting in the 16 oz cans soon! I have seen Spike in some Nutrition stores, smoothie stores, and other gyms. I cannot wait for Spike to be sold everywhere so I don't have to hunt for it...

E-Ratings
08-13-2008, 12:32 PM
I have yet to see the new flavor in my area... Maybe I will just order some online?

Ron Swedelson
08-14-2008, 10:17 PM
I tried a sample shot of their orange. Not too bad. I had a can of their berry. Tasted really good. Against the reps advice, I had the whole can (he said only drink half). I had the can at about 1:30 pm. By 2pm I was singing in my car at the top of my lungs...looking for my cell phone to find people to call and talk. By 3:30 pm, my heart was ready to jump out of my chest, and almost felt a little sick, because I was so anxious to use my energy. By 7:30 at night, my heart was still beating hard.
Not many energy drinks work, I have to give this SPIKE drink my blessing.

ctdummy
09-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Ya is really does do what it says it will. I started to feel sick a couple of times when I drank them but it was due to me not eating those days I think. If I have food in my stomach then I do great. Never a crash and it still gives me plenty of energy even though I drink them daily.