PDA

View Full Version : when we gonna get Coke Zero caffeine free?

popologist
07-22-2008, 09:52 PM
is there any new news on coke zero this year? sales numbers? market share?

i'm still hoping we get caffeine free coke zero soon.

fusion
07-22-2008, 10:26 PM
CCE reported a 23% growth in CZ, the bright spot in an otherwise dismal second quarter.

The Zero name is really catching on, Powerade Zero is doing really well, and soon we'll see Full Throttle Zero. No idea on any other Zero sodas, though.

Caffeine free does seem like the next logical step.

mjb1124
07-22-2008, 11:29 PM
The Zero name is really catching on, Powerade Zero is doing really well, and soon we'll see Full Throttle Zero.

Will this be replacing Full Throttle Unleaded? That would make this the third name for the sugar-free variant. And "Full Throttle Zero" sounds like an oxymoron to me.

I would like to see a Caffeine Free Coke Zero myself, but I wouldn't hold my breath just yet.

fusion
07-22-2008, 11:32 PM
From the look of the can, I think it's just Unleaded renamed.

popologist
07-25-2008, 10:58 PM
i tried the grape powerade zero and it was pretty good. but stay away from the Vitamin Water--that stuff tastes friggin awful!!! like medicine. bleh!

popologist
07-26-2008, 04:57 PM
CCE reported a 23% growth in CZ, the bright spot in an otherwise dismal second quarter.

is that 23% growth in the US... or worldwide?

fusion
07-26-2008, 08:12 PM
I think just in CCE's US territory.

popologist
07-26-2008, 08:55 PM
I think just in CCE's US territory.

cool. at that growth rate. CZ should make the soda top 10 this year.

Mr Zabe
07-26-2008, 10:06 PM
cool. at that growth rate. CZ should make the soda top 10 this year. I WOULD bet the farm on it.:) Again, it's nice too see CZ do well.

danielk
07-27-2008, 03:35 AM
how about Coke Zero Lime or Coke Zero Lemon

Supra TT
07-27-2008, 07:25 PM

Probably not, many more flavor "zero" options than lemon and lime

popologist
07-27-2008, 11:08 PM

i'd just be happy if i could find cherry coke zero when i want it.

Mr Zabe
07-28-2008, 12:41 AM
Off Topic
I would be happy if any of the Big Three could
make a real good cherry cola. I seem to recall
that RC Cherry Cola was pretty good, both Coke
and Pepsi cherry cola are IMO nasty.

mjb1124
07-28-2008, 12:48 AM
I'll admit I'm one of the few people who liked Diet Coke with Lemon (especially the last formula before it was discontinued), and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a Zero version. But I do have Pepsi Kickoff to look forward to.

popologist
07-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Off Topic
I would be happy if any of the Big Three could
make a real good cherry cola. I seem to recall
that RC Cherry Cola was pretty good, both Coke
and Pepsi cherry cola are IMO nasty.

The Cherry Coke of the 80s was delicious. Then Coke changed it sometimes in the 90s, I think... and it's tasted like medicine ever since. Were people complaining about the original?

By the way, has Coke cancelled Diet Cherry Coke? Not that I miss it--Cherry Coke Zero is much better. But I just can't remember seeing it for about a year or so.

mjb1124
07-28-2008, 10:02 PM
I think it's mostly been relegated to 12-packs. Of course, it was never very rampant around here. And yet Cherry Coke Zero seems to be doing well.

MATHA531
07-28-2008, 10:50 PM
I think diet coke cherry in the USA is kaput...cherry coke zero is great; sometimes it's hard to get in 2 liter bottles.

Now if you want to see a diet coke cherry taste like cough medicine, if you get to the UK, try their version of diet coke cherry...tastes just like the cherry cough medicine I took when I was a kid.

popologist
07-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Now if you want to see a diet coke cherry taste like cough medicine, if you get to the UK, try their version of diet coke cherry...tastes just like the cherry cough medicine I took when I was a kid.
yeah. i tried the diet cherry coke while in london last summer--it tastes like cherry cough medicine.

fusion
07-29-2008, 01:33 PM
There was an orange flavored diet cola in the UK - I wonder how a Coke Zero variant of that would go over in the US.

popologist
07-29-2008, 09:11 PM
There was an orange flavored diet cola in the UK - I wonder how a Coke Zero variant of that would go over in the US.

i remember a "citrus" version of diet coke when i was in london. of course, european diet coke tastes better anyway, because it uses a similar formula to coke zero (ace-k and aspartame). right?

Cokeologist
07-30-2008, 07:52 AM

In 2007 Coca-Cola (not diet) with Orange was released in the UK as a summer limited edition. It was very good!

fusion
07-30-2008, 11:49 AM
I was thinking of Coke Light Sango, which was actually in Belgium and France, not the UK.

MATHA531
07-31-2008, 03:31 AM
We've had this discussion before...

1. Diet Coke and Coke Light, contrary to what some say, are two completely different tasting drinks.

2. The official UK bottler and distributor bottles diet coke which tastes identical to diet coke in the USA.

3. However, in many stores in London and elsewhere in the UK, if you check out the silver can and silver labeled bottles, you will see Coca Cola Light. Apparently to save money, many retailers import their coke products from far distances; it's easy to see with the silver cans as they plainly say coke light. The red cans, however, you have to look closely to see all sorts of foreign languages listed and look to see just where they have been bottled.

I don't particularly like to drink coke light, especially when it has been imported thousands of kilometers. Heaven only knows how long the cans and bottles sit out on trucks in the hot sun. To me, coke light has always been very foul tasting. Ihate it when I get on a plane, ask for a diet coke, am served a coke light and am told it's the same thing. Far from it.

At least now, in many places in Europe, coke zero is available and becoming more and more readilly available.

Also in the UK is found diet coke cherry...as noted in this thread it tastes just like cherry cough medicine with hardly any taste of coke at all (I happen to like it...the cherry flavour oozes right out as soon as you open the bottle)..others don't and also while availability is okay, not every retailers carries it.

popologist
07-31-2008, 08:55 AM
coke zero was EVERYWHERE in london. there were ads everywhere... even in the tubes (subways).

popologist
08-04-2008, 08:57 PM
this article says that coke zero had about 1.3% market share at the end of last year.
Coke finally scores another winner - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/money/advertising/adtrack/2007-10-28-coke-zero_N.htm)