PDA

View Full Version : Help me find what I need please.

Ichigo100
07-25-2008, 09:13 PM
So, I am new to the self-beverage field, and I need some advice. I want to be able to make my own soda, but I want it to be Coke and other brands. I have found a good carbonator, The Fountain Jet Home Soda maker by Soda-Club, and i have only found one kind of Coke product syrup, made for a Breakmate machine. Now, the Soda Maker comes with it's own flavoring, but i am not sure if it is actually syrup or powder. I was wondering if it is possible to take the Breakmate's syrup with the carbonated water made by the Soda Maker and make a Coke that tastes just right, just like the regular Coke. Thank you for your help in advanced, if there is any better home carbonater or better way to find syrup. Also, if i order syrup from the manufacturer, can I mix it the same way?
Thanks,
Ichigo100

the saint
07-26-2008, 04:31 PM
At the risk of sounding like a smartass, wouldn't be alot cheaper and easier to just go to the store and buy coke if that is what you want. You are trying to make things alot more complicated than they need to be.

Ichigo100
07-26-2008, 06:50 PM
well yes, but i want to be able to make other sodas also and to invent my own soda, and soda does taste better when fresh. So, i still want to know.

the saint
07-27-2008, 11:15 AM
from looking up the soda maker on google and looking at the instructions, it appears that you use a syrup to flavor the water. I would guess that if you could get coke syrup it would seem possible to work just fine. You would need some trial and error to get the proper mix of syrup to water.

More than likely the only way you are going to get syrup from coke, pepsi or any large manufacturer is thru a bag in box. Mosy are five gallon although it is possible to find 2.5 and 3 gallon. Chances are that the manufacturer will not sell to you directly, you would need to go thru sams, costco etc to obtain them. also you may be able to persuade you local independant c-store owner to purchase one thru his store and sell to you. Be prepared to spend upwards of if not more than $50 to buy a box of syrup.

Ichigo100
07-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks much, that is helpfull, but what is a c-store

Mr Zabe
07-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Convenience store.....Gas stations marts,7-11 stores,small Ma and Pa stores
etc.