PDA

View Full Version : energy soda?

hrh12
08-05-2008, 10:31 AM
do u guys think cafeinated soda can work as well as energy drinks? Which sodas with caffeine are your favorites for keeping u going

Drinkaddict
08-07-2008, 12:46 PM
If I am not drinking an energy drink, I usually drink an Iced Tea, Mountain Dew, Dr Pepper, or Coke. In that order.

Mr Zabe
08-07-2008, 12:52 PM
I seem to get plenty of caffein "pick me up" from a couple of cans of Pepsi,
Mountain Dew and or Dr Pepper.

scum1
08-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Squirt citrus power at walmart. If you have not tried it you should. It is sold in 12 packs but is really more of an energy drink mega value for the price

Mountain dew or Vault are my 2 regular soda favorites followed by dr pepper

NRGSLLR@
08-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Isn't that the idea behind, Jolt and Vault and MDX? I am not sure caffeine alone is enough to affect me. I seem to have the most noticeable reaction to higher levels of amino acids like tyrosine and carnetiine.

E-Ratings
08-13-2008, 12:28 PM
What about the Pepsi Max?
Also the makers of Wired Energy Drinks have also come out with Wired Energy Soda's. I have tried a couple flavors and they are pretty good... I don't think they have them listed on their website yet.

emptyfree
08-16-2008, 11:48 PM
I think I'm the only person on this board who likes the Howling Monkey Cola Energy Drink. It is annoyingly hard to find in Chicago, however. I'll find it one store, and it'll be gone the next week. Other than that, Coke Zero does me well when I want a caffeinated soda.

I used to drink the hell out of Starbucks' "Italian Roast" Iced Coffee, but they've discontinued it to hype their coffee energy drinks... which I'm less excited about. I'll buy the Caribou stuff when it's on sale. The Korean grocery stores carry a cheap iced coffee called, "Let's Be" which isn't too horrible. That one tends to scratch my asian canned iced coffee itch when I get it.